Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/16 Replies/1173 Views
    chacachaca88
    Original poster 9 posts

I should probably start with saying this doesn't/isn't happening with Siege, Breakpoint, Far Cry 5, Warframe, etc. This image problem is EXCLUSIVE to The Division 2 only. I have VERIFIED Files, blah blah.

So I haven't played in months and after doing the time runs Monday and then finishing week two today, my monitor started bugging a little to predominantly covering my screen. Is anyone else on PC starting to or have been experiencing this?

This new forum layout doesn't allow me to link from imgur anymore? Not sure but here is a link to the picture and I would like to add a video as well. Hopefully I described the white tiles or screen 'burn out' image makes sense.

https://imgur.com/zexh8j7

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• guardianla
    6 posts

@chacachaca88 there is a known issue with the last couple of Nvidia drivers. I had to roll back to fix a similar issue.

• Orel....
    9 posts

Nvidia driver issue, just rollback the driver to the version before it started occurring.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 552 posts

@chacachaca88 Hey there! Welcome to Discussions! There can be some issues with Nvidia Drivers, so I do recommend rolling the latest update back as was suggested by @guardianla and @Orel . Would you also confirm for me the update you're currently using for your Drivers?

Official Response
  • chacachaca88
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubistorm Hello and thanks for your personal response. I am currently running 471.41 on my GPU. Not sure if rolling back is something I would be interested in doing since that would be fixing a single problem and then possibly effecting my gameplay for the half a dozen or so other games I play on a daily or every couple of days basis. Not to mention I know almost next to nothing about doing a lot of stuff on pc. Simply put I am very computer illiterate.

I can wait for a potential patch as I have already done all of the season 2 stuff when it first came out and I would rather enjoy a pleasurable experience than the screen tearing? I am having now.

Thanks again for your response.

• chacachaca88
    Original poster 9 posts

@guardianla Hi there and thanks for the response. So is TD2 the only game you play at the moment? I really don't want to rollback my driver since none of my other games are effected and I prefer not to introduce problems by rolling back to my other games. Not sure if it works like that as I am computer illiterate but personally it feels a bit overboard in the sense I provided. Currently all of my other games are smooth as silk so I'd rather not poke the bear. Thanks again

• UbiStorm

Hello again @chacachaca88 That's okay! I can fully understand not wanting to do that rollback. Thanks for confirming for me the version of drivers you're currently running. You do mention verifying your game files, but would you also list out for me any other troubleshooting steps you've done so that I don't have you repeating steps? Thanks!

Official Response
  • chacachaca88
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubistorm I haven't done anything else outside of verifying and restarting my pc. Honestly, as I stated previously, I am pretty much pc useless. Simple stuff I am okay with but drivers, etc I leave for experts and I am also someone who needs phone support. Yea, I am that bad. 😉

• guardianla
    6 posts

@chacachaca88 No, but as new games come out and driver updates progress I won't be able to hold off updating forever.

I've been fine in other titles including some very recent Alpha and Beta tests.

• UbiStorm

@chacachaca88 All right! Thanks for confirming all of that for me. When you go into the game's settings, do you see an option to run the game in DX11 mode? If so, go ahead and try running it in that mode if it's not already!

Same for you as well, @guardianla ! Let me know how it goes!

Official Response
  • guardianla
    6 posts

@ubistorm I was in DX11 mode.

• Jimmy_DA
    31 posts

OP - Is lucky if that's their only issue with TD2, at least has a fix/solution and only a driver issue...

• chacachaca88
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubistorm So here is how it ended up getting fixed for me. For starters, thanks for all of the help, I know seeing the same thing over and over must become a bit overwhelming

1. I had a number of Windows updates that I guess went under my radar. I updates ALL Windows patches that were available.

2. I am apparently running an older BIOS on my Auros Z390 Pro Wifi NOT THE I version (if anyone else is running the same MoBo) The BIOS is from 2019 and the most current one F12K is unavailable due to the servers or whatever being down at Gigabyte. This will be fixed Monday

Lastly I uninstalled the most recent driver and installed one from April of this year. I made sure to do a Custom install as instructed by the friendly agent at Nvidia and checked the box that asks for a CLEAN INSTALLATION. I verified that the April driver resolved the black/white tiling and it did. So, I then downloaded the newest driver, 471.68 and again did a Custom Install and chose the box that asks if you want a CLEAN INSTALLATION. Presto, I have been running all sorts of missions, bounties, NYC, DC with ZERO issues so far.

I highly recommend people who are having this issue verify they did a Clean Installation. It has worked for me and I am beyond computer illiterate. I make new pc owners look like GENIUSES. lol

Good Luck and I hope this all made sense.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@chacachaca88 Thank you greatly for the update and for letting me know how this was resolved for you. 🙂

Official Response
  • chacachaca88
    Original poster 9 posts

@ubisushivamp Sorry I haven't updated you since my last post but it seems my placebo fixes did NOT work. Unless I use a 6 month old driver, I still have the tiling problem while attempting to play. It appears to be at its worst when off the dc map. Zoo, White Oak, etc. Although it happens in DC, anything that requires traveling is absolutely butchered.

Will this problem be addressed in the "major" update Yannick spoke of where apparently the shrapnel trap is of big concern. I am hoping that the driver is actually more of a focus than a trap PvP is upset about. I would guess there are more PvE players left than PvP and fixing something that affects everyone would come top priority.

Thanks

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey @chacachaca88

Sorry to hear the issue is back for you. As it has been mentioned earlier in the thread, we are aware of the issue with the latest driver and the only workaround we have is to use the older driver you mention, but we don't have any updates on how this issue is progressing at the moment, whether it will be a game update or another driver update needed to resolve it, but we'll keep players updated on here when we do have any information about this. I apologise for the inconvenience. I know it's annoying and not ideal to have to keep switching drivers in between playing different games and this.

Official Response

Suggested Topics