ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3070 posts

Hello @bielik01 thank you for your post, we have listened to your feedback on this issue and will update the megathread accordingly, thank you.

Official Response
  • pesto.
    326 posts

At the title says, even with the latest 1.3.1 update you can't utilize level scaling because read starts missing quests.

First thing I did after finding out we now have nightmare mode (finally) was turn it on and set level scaling to nightmarish, then go to Reda. As it's the start of the week he should have three quests, two daily and one weekly, however he only shows two quests, one daily in a river fort to the immediate right of the settlement on the map, and the weekly "Jomsviking code".

To get both daily quests I had to go and set level scaling back to "Default", this then revealed the daily quest about wild beasts (the one where you kill he boar next to the pond).

• TheNorfolkian
    1491 posts

@pesto There is already a topic thread about this, started by @bielik01. Looks like that bug wasn’t fixed.

• pesto.
    326 posts

@thenorfolkian yeah, it’s really frustrating. I made this thread because the bug is still extant in the latest patch and don’t want Ubisoft to imagine it’s gone away.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@pesto Hey there!

Merging this topic with the thread mentioned above, thank you @TheNorfolkian for posting this.

I can confirm that this issue is still actively being investigated by the team. Once new information is made available we'll be sure to inform everyone.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Official Response
  • alb2080
    1 posts

Hello All,

From what I have experienced and tested, you can take Reda quests with Level Scaling from Off to Persistent anything higher than that will result in only quest showing up. I hope this helps.

• bielik01
    Original poster 1786 posts

@Ubi-Keo will Level Scaling be fixed with TU 1.4.1? I saw so many new options, but I'm afraid if I decide to play on the hardest difficulty (including Level Scaling) I'm gonna miss out some Reda's contracts.
    Also Aesir difficulty is broken, it's impossible to perform new Master Counter Roll.

• bielik01

@Ubi_Plush or @Ubi-Mushy can you answer my question?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4293 posts

Hi @bielik01 apologies for the late response.

I can confirm that the issue with Reda's contracts is still being investigated.

I have also replied to the other thread about the issue with the master counter roll.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1491 posts

@bielik01 Sounds like that’s a ‘no’ for now. Too bad, really... I was definitely looking forward to this being resolved by the next update. I wonder though if we’ll instead get an even higher difficulty level. LOL.

• mentraton
    54 posts

@ubi-keo The bug is still in the game. I expect more ppl will encounter it now because the reworked difficulty setting will also change the level scaling.
    I made a video showing the bug with 1.4.1 maybe you will forward it to the dev team:

In addition the bug is only affecting all kill animals daily quests (at least until 1.4.1). If the target is anything else the quest will show up even with the scaling enabled.

At least there is a workaround but it is very inconvenient.

• bielik01

@mentraton I was hunting this bug 😄
    But for some reason I got different contracts from you.

Oh no, it's Tuesday... There should be three contracts instead of two. I was fooled and I thought everything is all right...

• pesto.
    326 posts

Yes I really hope this gets fixed soon.

• azullFR
    2422 posts

@mentraton
    Hi !

Seeing your video I contacted a PS4 friend who hadn't any animal related daily quest for a long time,
    he tried to reset everything to default (still on TU 1.4.0)....
    .... I've got a message for you :

Thousand Thanks !!!
    Tausend Dank !!!
    Mille Mercis !!!
    🙂

• CitizenNowhere
    38 posts

Just let you know: (PC,Ubisoft Launcher) After the update 1.4.1, this bug hasn't been fixed yet. Nightmare level scaling is still get only 1 daily quest. And I still need to change level scaling back to default to get 2 daily quests.

• pesto.
    326 posts

Yes this bug is still there, they now appear in reda’s list but if you select them they never get added to your own quest list.

• Jugador25067241
    1 posts

@bielik01 I think you are totally right, this happens to me as well when I change the difficulty to Nightmarish, and sometimes Reda's missions just disappear after I accepted them even in the very-hard difficulty on a classic Xbox one on 2022.

• TheNorfolkian
    1491 posts

@jugador25067241 This just happened again to me today, where a second contract simply vanished after accepting it and I received only a pop-up for the one to confirm the quest. I noticed that the fix is to reload your save from just before you approach Reda, and that will enable the other contract to remain active.

• pesto.
    326 posts

Yes, the bug is still there in the latest 1.4.1.2

It really cramps the game because for no reason I can fathom you have to reload the game to change the enemy scaling/difficulty, which stops you from being able to just quickly change the scaling to grab then go, and even if you could it loses one of the quests when the game restarts and even if you then reset the game difficultly the quest is no longer available and you have to fully shut down and restart the game to get the quest back.

Everything about this makes me think the game loop is very hackily put together.

• TheNorfolkian
    1491 posts

@jugador25067241 Correction... reloading a save does not appear to work any longer.

See my recent post in a related thread for more info... It no longer seems that level scaling has anything to do with this problem... it is entirely a systemic issue.

Suggested Topics