Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 980 posts

Today I was robbed of a chance of getting 5 opals.
    Reda was giving three quests, I took all of them, but one didn't make it into my quest log and was still available.
    I went to Lunden to see if there was any quest I could take, but no.
    I restarted the game, went to Reda once more, but he was out of any quests...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d01j4v0ottfv3nc/Assassin%27s%20Creed%C2%AE%20Valhalla_20210727172124.mp4?dl=0

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01

@Ubi-Keo, I don't know if Level Scaling is here at fault, but when I initially took those three quests I changed Level Scaling to Nightmarish and the quest Contract: Dangerous Prey was not getting into my quest log.
    On an older save I visited Reda with default Level Scaling and I got the quest without any problems.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2422 posts

@bielik01 Thanks for reporting this, I will forward it on to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team to investigate.

Official Response
  • pesto.
    183 posts

Adding the mission from Reda doesn’t result in it being added to the quests.I have this on the current and previous save. Exiting and restarting causes the mission to reappear in reads list but again selecting it doesn’t add it to the quests list so it simply vanishes with no way to do it. Going to a different vendor results in no missions being visible.

This means you miss out on the opals as the mission is not accessible.

I have no means to make a video so please do not ask for one, however you have access to both saves and the metrics as well as this report.

• bielik01

@pesto I have it on a video. I somehow got the quest on an older save and got the opals.

• azullFR
    1360 posts

@bielik01
    @pesto

Skipping Reda's dialogues tend to make bugs
    When I want to be sure I do this :

1. taking one daily quest
    2. go back to Reda's menu
    3. confirm I activate the quest (a round prompt appears)
    4. taking the second daily quest
    5. go back to Reda's menu
    6. confirm I activate the quest (a round prompt appears)
    7. leave Reda

Beware of the coming Season on July 29th ... there will be surelly more bugs wuth Reda's Daily Quests
    To avoid these bugs I will take the quests at a Reda's friend and only one by one ( = taking the second quest only after finishing the first one ) and this for all the duration of this Season... Not practical, but more sure...
    Great Thanks to @Kormac67 for this tip 👍 👍 👍

Hope this can help a little 🙂

• Kormac67
    821 posts

@bielik01 Daily quests are not tied to saves. If you take a quest, save, exit game, restart the quest will be gone (but can be picked up from Reda again).
    @azullFR I haven't had problems with daily quests for a while and always take them all at once from Reda, being lazy. Let's see what will happen when the new festival starts. We will all be drunk again probably. The Ireland Bed Bug was a classy introduction to the new content...

• azullFR
    1360 posts

@kormac67

Let's see what will happen when the new festival starts. We will all be drunk again probably. The Ireland Bed Bug was a classy introduction to the new content...

👍 👍 👍

I'm still laughing ! 😂 😂 😂

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2422 posts

@pesto Can you confirm the name of the contract you are experiencing issues with? Is it called 'Dangerous Prey'? If so bielik01 also reported this in another thread and I have reported it to the development team to investigate.

Can you also confirm if you have changed your level scaling in the settings?

Official Response
  • pesto.
    183 posts

@ubi-keo hi yes, it is dangerous prey

• bielik01

Reda is only giving me one quest today...

and I only got 5 opals for completing it.

• LA_Frankie
    91 posts

Same.

Reda back to his old tricks (ie bug.)

only 1 Daily today, yet there were 2 yesterday. If this is the same bug as earlier this year, it will be back to 2 tomorrow then 1…. Etc

• AlexiosM7
    5 posts

@bielik01 I have the same issue. Yesterday it was already difficult to get the 2nd mission too!

• SpirantCrayon22
    636 posts

A couple of weeks ago I tried Reda's friend in Colchester, he only had one quest. I didn't take it. When I went back to Ravensthorpe Reda offered two, which I did. If this comes up again don't do anything at the one-quest-only place, maybe that's a general fix or maybe I got lucky.

• bielik01

@spirantcrayon22 I'll try to see what's for me in Ireland.

• LA_Frankie
    91 posts

I reset Level Scaling to Default and Reda then offered me : Dangerous Prey contract.

• bielik01

@la_frankie thanks! It actually worked.

• Sammarok
    149 posts

Hi, Reda is offering me only 1 daily mission instead of 2, and yes, I am in England's settlement. Anyone else experiencing this?

• bielik01

@sammarok change level scaling. I started thread for this issue already.

• Sammarok
    149 posts

@bielik01 Wow really? I will try that, thanks man!

Suggested Topics