ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1718 posts

@thenorfolkian with Level Scaling Reda is giving just one quest less than normally. Today's bug is something different, because quests are being displayed correctly at Reda's, they're just not added to the quest log.

• TheNorfolkian
    1191 posts

@bielik01 If that’s the case that today’s problem is an outstanding anomaly, I’ll turn off level scaling for the upcoming week and see what Reda offers.

• Sammarok
    173 posts

@bielik01 Exactly, today's contracts are bugged at Reda in England (you accept contracts but they don't show up in the quest's log). Has nothing to do with Level scaling issue. @bielik01 I solved this bug by loading a save before taking the quests, and then doing the contracts in France, in France Reda is not bugging.

BTW staying on Topic now. I still cannot play this game with highest level scaling because the issue is still present, Reda will not give "killing a predator" type of contracts if level scaling is not set to default. New problem now is that setting the level scaling to default automatically change the game difficulty to default instead of highest difficulty.

• TheNorfolkian
    1191 posts

@sammarok I’ll playtest your solution tomorrow and check the Reda in Ireland as well.

• pesto.
    260 posts

If level scaling is set to anything other than default then most days Reda will lose a quest.

Changing difficulty settings will not bring back the quest, only closing down and restarting the entire application will resurrect it.

This is both perpetually annoying and unfair to people who wish to play on higher difficulty levels.

The bug is severe enough to stop me recommending the game to friends as they will have a poor initial impression.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5617 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your reports about level scaling preventing you from receiving Reda's Daily Quests.

I'd like to reassure you all that the development team is still investigating this issue further. If you have noticed that daily quests have gone missing from your quest log, then please can you provide us with the following information:

• Which quest wasn't added to your quest log?
    • When did this occur (date/time)?
    • What was your level scaling set to at the time you accepted the quest?

We can then forward these reports to the development team as they continue to investigate this issue further. We have notified the team that this issue seems to be most common with animal-related daily quests, though we are interested to see what other quests may be affected by this.

We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation into level scaling at this time. Once we do have any new details from the investigation, these will be posted within this thread as soon as we are able to. Additionally, any future updates will be published via patch notes posted within the News & Announcements forum, so it is worthwhile to keep an eye out for these as well.

In the meantime, it has been reported by players that setting your level scaling to "default" prior to accepting Reda's contracts will prevent them from being removed from your quest log.

Please note that we have an ongoing Megathread for an investigation into Reda's Daily Quests disappearing from the quest log after accepting them, no matter the chosen level scaling. You can find this Megathread here.

@mentraton - Thanks for capturing a video for us! I've now forwarded your report to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mentraton
    50 posts

@ubi-borealis For me all quests involving killing a wolf are effected by this bug.

• TheNorfolkian
    1191 posts

@mentraton You should go to the Lunden agent and see if you can get the boar contract. It’s the only example I’ve seen in the game where you can assassinate an animal.

• soap-and-skin
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis
    hi, yesterday, 14.01, I've received 2 contracts from Reda, and one of them disappeared. Today, 15.01, just right now I've taken one quest (so there were only 3 quests for this 2 days), and it also immediately dissapeared. all quests, I've taken this week (for 5 days), also disappeared.
    name of quests I don't remeber.
    Level scale - Viking
    I play on PC.
    and I'm very sad that this is happening. And there are so many people with the same problem, it still isn't fixed. like why? we are your customers, Ubisoft, we payed for this game.

• ChuckKatse
    352 posts

Reda's Daily Quest the Phantom. Could select the quest but it did not show up in my quest log. My level scaling is set to Harder. Problem happened on January 14th 2022. Tried to get that quest several times by reloading a prior save. Nothing worked.

• Loraxxe
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Time: today, the 19th
    Quest: Dangerous Prey, wolf just outside Ravensthorpe. Was not listed by Reda before workaround.
    Scaling: has always been Nightmarish
    Resolution: lowered to Default, got quest, completed quest, reloaded save at Nighmarish (y'all may not have a penalty for lowering difficulty, but I won't accept it). Kept the opals.

• bielik01

@loraxxe I even have it on video 😄

Without Level Scaling, I was able to take that quest and complete it.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for my delayed response. Thank you for posting your reports within this thread, and for providing us with more information about the daily contracts you are missing.

If you have noticed that daily quests have gone missing from your quest log and haven't yet provided us with answers to the following, then can you please let us know the requested information?

@mentraton - Thanks for letting us know that all quests involved killing a wolf are affected by this issue. I've added that to your report to the development team.

@soap-and-skin - Thank you for sharing your report with us. I'm sorry to hear that some of your daily contracts have gone missing. Rest assured that the development team are looking into what could potentially be causing this issue to occur in-game. I've now shared your report with them so it can be used in the ongoing investigation.

@ChuckKatse - Thanks for sharing your report with us regarding "The Phantom" as well. I've forwarded this report to the development team so they can take a closer look.

@Loraxxe - Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and for letting us know that you were able to successfully complete the quest once you lowered your difficulty temporarily. I've forwarded your report to the dedicated teams.

@bielik01 - Thanks for capturing a video for us! I've passed this along to the dedicated teams so they can take a look at this as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CitizenNowhere
    37 posts

PC, Ubisoft Launcher: I play the game with all highest difficulty including Nightmarish level scaling and that will always miss one Reda daily quest. I used to fix this by lower level-scaling to default before accepting quests. However, today, 22 Jan 2022, trying different difficulty and all level scaling don't fix it. Whatever difficulty or level-scaling I choose, Reda at Ravensthorpe gives me 2 daily quests, but my quest list only shows one daily quest.

Try different methods and works out by loading manual save, set all difficulty to highest(Aesir/Nightmarish), go to the kid in Lincoln, get only 1 quest "The Green-Eyed Thief". Then I lower level scale to default, the game auto-reload and the kid at Lincoln disappeared. So I fast travel to another kid at Lunden and got another daily quest, Defeat the Diubal.

• TheNorfolkian
    1191 posts

@citizennowhere Try seeing what happens when you turn the level scaling off completely.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2118 posts

Hey there @citizennowhere, thanks a lot for sharing this information. I've passed this along to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look into it!

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-gizmo apparently it still is a thing...

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts

Hey @bielik01 ,

Thanks for reaching back out to us!

At the moment, this is still being looked into by the team, with no updates to share just yet.

I've passed your clip onto them though as they continue to look into this and we will of course let you guys know more as and when we hear it.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • DixieDynamite
    19 posts

Twice this week for me and 3 times for my wife we were missing quests from Reda. This is becoming so pervasive that we're losing sometimes 15 opals a week. My wife is at maximum level now and hers are CONSTANTLY missing. She often doesn't even have the same missions I do and we do our opals right after each other. Ubisoft, since these opals are the enticement for end game players to log on daily and inevitably make store purchases, this has become too constant to be fair. If you refuse to fix the broken quests that happen now more than once every week for us, we should either be given the missing opals when we've logged in that day to check, or the Reda shop should become cheaper. It's a service the game provides and shorting us for over a year is not acceptable or fair. We don't get to short pay you and still get game items. Please fix this. Between the 2 of us, we've lost I'm sure 200 opals or more and there will be no point to log on daily if we can't get them.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @DixieDynamite,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife have had missing contracts from Reda. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I apologise for any impact that these missing contracts have had on your gaming experience.

Just to check, have you tried altering your level scaling settings to see if this causes the missing contracts to reappear? As shared by players within this thread, setting your level scaling to "Default" should cause any missing contracts to become available to you, and should prevent them from being removed from your quest log before being completed.

If you're still missing contracts after setting your level scaling to "Default," can you please provide us with the following information:

We can then forward your report to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation into this issue with missing contracts.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics