ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shifter-2
    Original poster 15 posts

A few months ago Ubisoft started talking about Resistance mode - a new, challenging way to replay the WDL campaign which I've been looking forward to for a while. This was shown on the roadmap for August and more details are available in the Watch Dogs legion website here:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/watch-dogs/legion/news-updates/6Te3qL2Q87R2TOy6Ejto0N/tea-time-with-bagley-introducing-resistance-mode

But I keep seeing mentions of a New Game + mode as something different from this. When polled on YT, ten times as many people said they were looking forward to New Game + as they were to Resistance Mode.

Are we actually getting two new ways of playing campaign in the August update? I doubt it myself, but who knows...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HeySlickThatsMe
    30 posts

Ubisoft said New Game+ will be coming and there was no mentions of it since, then they announced Resistance Mode, that's all there is to it, who knows if we're getting both, or Resistance Mode is replacement for NG+

• Shifter-2
    Original poster 15 posts

@heyslickthatsme

I wish Ubisoft would clarify it.

Before Bloodline launched there were some websites giving out incorrect info about the DlC such as that completing the DLC allows players to play as Aiden and Wrench in Campaign. Many players tend to run with that sort of info and getting unrealistic expectation leading to another slew of Oh Ubisoft complaints. I get that they can't monitor every piece of information written online about their games but when these information sources are so readily available, they should try nip stuff like this in the bud.

• A1R50FT-10
    503 posts

@shifter-2

Hang on, isn't Resistance Mode New Game Plus?

• Shifter-2
    Original poster 15 posts

@a1r50ft-10

I think it is too. It looks like it was just incorrect info doing the rounds on YouTube.

• A1R50FT-10
    503 posts

@shifter-2

ah that makes sense. Have you read the 'tea time with Bagley' blog which talks about resistance mode?

Here's the link to it if you haven't read it yet:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/watch-dogs/legion/news-updates/6Te3qL2Q87R2TOy6Ejto0N?isSso=true&connectSsoId=A3Ys69cz8c45QIk3jyMwKyYytqbsKGh1ch8xY%2BS%2BuuI%3D&refreshStatus=ok

• RCDeschene
    140 posts

If this Resistance Mode is in fact the New Game + feature, then it's a hard pass from me. Permanent pursuits are something I'm NOT a fan of in Online Mode and Permadeath is something I have deliberately turned OFF in my campaign. NG+ modes should let the player replay the normal game with all the unlocked perks they worked so hard to get from the original playthrough, not force the player to play a Nightmare Mode...

• Shifter-2
    Original poster 15 posts

@a1r50ft-10

Yes I saw that, the link was in my original post XD

@RCDeschene

I can't find anything recent from Ubisoft on New Game +. I honestly think it's just a 🦄 flying around the WWW

• A1R50FT-10
    503 posts

@shifter-2

Omds how tf did I not see the link in your original post XD

• nillwatson532
    1 posts

Permanent pursuits are something I'm NOT a fan of in Online Mode and Permadeath is something

I have deliberately turned OFF in my campaign.

If this Resistance Mode is in fact the New Game + feature,

then it's a hard pass from me.

NG+ modes should let the player replay the normal game with all the unlocked perks they worked so hard to get from the original playthrough,

not force the player to play a Nightmare Mode...

• RCDeschene
    140 posts

@nillwatson532 Exactly! Glad to see my comment is resonating with you. 🙂

• TimMihic
    3 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • lilalur
    6 posts

Please don't nerf the hacks even more. The game many part is just a shooter anyway but most of the time you can be creative and play most of the part without incapacitating or kill most of the people around you (and so annoying when you made maximum effort to infiltrate a base like a shadow then on the final everybody just know your exact location and jumping on you so its better if you just knock everybody out in prior because you only have to deal with the reinforcement and not everything). If it takes even more time to let them be ready they become even more of a nuance than now in big action. I mean if you are not into the stealthy gameplay these hacks don't give you too much of an edge max against a lonely guard. More kinds of hacks would be better 😉
    Nerf the fully upgraded spider bot if you want to nerf something :D. That thing alone can clear a whole base with ease. It's agile, super-fast, can fit anywhere, jumping like a Mongolian horse can be invisible, can apply hacks and can incapacitate an enemy the only thing it can't do is flying but I saw Aiden already had a model of what can do that. Don't understand why anybody hires guards and does not just use a swarm of these everywhere.
    Would be happier if they give more attention to uniform access, double agents (operative(s) working in the same place you just entered) and actually give more tools to use even at the same time to build up a better escape strategy.
    Would be fantastic in single-player if the world will pause when you hit the hack screen so you can select what would you like to hack and how not just panic hit the button in the hope it hit something useful.

Suggested Topics