Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Adrian-11
    Original poster 590 posts

This will be a rather long post, kind of a kitchen sink...

First, will this update really happen?
    Signs are not very encouraging. The story of "Nightmare" is not a good precedent. This total silence could mean many things, but in most cases it is quiet because there is nothing to say. The other part that is worrisome is that we still have bugs and issues, more than a year old, repeatedly reported and known beyond any doubt that are still not addressed, no visible fix or maintenance are being done on the game. I find it hard to believe that more significant development is actually worked on while we are facing this void. Or maybe I am wrong (I wish I am). In reality, it could go in three different directions:

• Serious expansion a la WONY plus game mode, total surprise (yey!)
    • Something thin and rushed (Nightmare recycled), to check the box
    • Ignore it and it will go away strategy (no ETA)

Now, for me personally, the only thing of true interest would be a real expansion, like WONY. The game needs new content (map additions, new missions, etc.). I am tired of running the same missions, challenges, etc., no matter the difficulty or mode or whatever else. There might be a new game mode or new weapons/gear, but running on the same content, after a little while I am coming back to "What's the point?" question. And this is why I will take a break from the game for a while (some other things to do, and when I will have time, I have some unfinished business in TD1).

Beside a full expansion, there are a few low-hanging-fruits (conceptually speaking, I am not a game developer, so I don't know how complex these things are or work volume would take) that would be of interest:

• Make classified missions full missions, with the associated difficulty and directives; there are a few good ones that I didn't play since the story days (how hard could this be?!)
    • Use the raid maps/locations to create some "classic" off main map missions (a la Coney Island)
    • Black Tusk / White Tusk control points
    • White Tusk open world encounters
    • Recycle NYC map from TD1 in a summer setting, add CPs and activities (for that matter, you could recycle some GEs, and the Underground which will beat the Summit in any poll)
    • DZ Immersion mode, with long status timer (> 20 min or down), and status choice when you enter DZ
    • Please change the silly Hunter spawn mechanic, anything but these stupid chores

This is for all intents and purposes a wish list, but I also believe these would give TD2 some very much needed oxygen.
    In the absence of any communication, we can chat and whish things till blue in the face, but shooting the crap with friends makes the wait easier.
    What else should go on the list?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    528 posts
    Signs are not very encouraging.

Remember, they created a new team, who will have spent at least nine months on it (assuming it releases in December). The CEO made it clear they're looking to extend the life of their "old" games, which suggests this will need to be meaty enough to justify charging for it.

Not gonna comment on your ideas as everyone should have dreams, however unrealistic 🤞

• Adrian-11

@dagrommit

But please comment, by all means, that's why I put them here. Otherwise, I would write them on a piece of paper, put it in a bottle and bury at an undisclosed location.

And yes, I know some are unrealistic. Actually, all of them are unrealistic considering Ubi's recent update record (just look at the latest Breakpoint update for example), as well as the latest announcements. Everything goes in spite of most of the gamers and community... I know the real reason is profit chasing, not actually antagonizing the players, but the result is the same.

And this guys saying "hard at work" is not different or giving more details than what was said in March.

I looked everywhere to confirm that "new team" and couldn't find it. The Bucharest studio is not new, best case some of the people there were tasked to work on this...

• dagrommit
    528 posts
    And this guys saying "hard at work" is not different or giving more details than what was said in March.

He's the creative director, so is in a position to know. I would rather they keep quiet until they're ready, rather than tease something that doesn't come to fruition.

I looked everywhere to confirm that "new team" and couldn't find it. The Bucharest studio is not new, best case some of the people there were tasked to work on this...

The Bucharest team were only credited with QC roles for the base game. They didn't have any design, art or development roles.

• BrainPal
    1 posts

Do we have any reason to expect something interesting? I don't think so. When I saw this announcement, I immediately thought that this would be some form of "gap" mission to bridge into the new game. Like why the agents need to go into the "Heartland". You know, the place where they keep all of the land-based nuclear missiles.

This feels like a marketing tool to migrate the player base to the new game. Any reason to think otherwise?

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit Is that video being censored or something as I don't see it, and it's not the first time you've posted a vid about this sort of thing that just vanishes?

• dagrommit
    528 posts

@richardoshea I posted a twitter link that is still valid, not a video. The person he's responding to posted a gif that has nothing to do with this topic.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit OK, thanks for clarifying. Stopping spoilers is cool, censorship is not so I hope you understand my concern here. (it shows as a multimedia video for some reason(?)).

• dagrommit
    528 posts

@richardoshea by "multimedia", do you mean there's a big play button? That's because it's an animated gif. There's a label in the bottom left corner indicating this.

Here's a screencap of what it looks like for me

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

@dagrommit It looks like this on my end:
    Before interacting with the post

After interacting with the post

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hey @richardoshea - if you continue to struggle to view the Twitter embed, please report this over in the forum feedback section.

I can see the embedded Tweets just fine on my end (using desktop Chrome) so perhaps try another browser, and run through some browser troubleshooting in case the issue is localised? If you have any kind of adblocker enabled, maybe also test with that not running to see whether it is causing interference.

(I zoomed out slightly to be able to show the full thing.)

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • RichardOshea
    167 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for taking a look and suggesting some remedies. I'll get by.

• xcel30
    288 posts

While a bit off topic, it certainly feels like a coin toss weather embeds work for twitter or not

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    49 posts

I am 100% for a recycled original NY map in a summer setting, DZ and all. Would drop a bag of money for that.

Really like the idea of choosing a status when entering a DZ, am totally for that. Couldn't sworn during a State of The Game they discussed a rogue vs SHD mechanic in DZ's. Players having DZ reputations with an overall SHD vs Rogue fight for control over the DZ. Not sure what happened to that.

Still think the SHD panels should be implemented more for gameplay rather than just for clearing manhunt status

• I.e SHD agents can secure panels, re-initializing the SHD network vs hacking them. For example, if SHD agents are able to bring 8 terminals back online, the SHD network is some what re-established and the DZ is in SHD control. Rogue players consistently try to interrupt SHD agents from initializing the network by hacking the panels.
    • SHD/Rogue controlled DZs could universally have different impacts on the open world for everyone.

Always thought that Division 2 should've been a dynamic fight for DC from the start. Players universally fight for control of the city. Rogue and SHD actions impact the game world respectively, making the game a live, multiplayer fight for the DC/NY + any other city released as DLC.

A map expansion of DC would be very refreshing. Expand to the north and also expanding DZ West and East.

Division 2 has the foundation for a lot of great content and has huge potential for re-playability.

• Virtual-Chris
    470 posts

I haven’t played the first game, but my understanding is the winter season, long nights and setting were more immersive but the mechanics and sponge were not as good. It would be ideal for someone like me if they offered the first game setting with TD2 mechanics. But that’s extremely unlikely. I guess a winter season in DC would be too much work, so that’s probably out as well.

A new map area to explore would be great though.

What I would like that would get me to play the game again from the start, is a new solo player realism mode or difficulty setting or directive… where the TTK is drastically reduced both ways… making the game more lethal for all involved.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    49 posts

@virtual-chris They should implement dynamic seasons.

• I.e X season would be a spring/summer setting. Y Season Fall/Winter setting.

Each in-game season rotates between the X/Y open world seasons.

• Adrian-11

@virtual-chris

Hardcore character? Look into it, we already have it.

• Virtual-Chris
    470 posts

@adrian-11 ... The current hardcore mode is a parma-death mode. Who wants that? I just want more realistic lethality with less sponge. Right now difficulty is based primarily on sponge... you want it harder, enemies get spongier. I'd like to see it get harder by everyone dying far more quickly and then adding more enemies if necessary.

• dagrommit
    528 posts

@raciaiadhesive that would require a massive amount of rework of the open world map and outdoor areas in missions. At the very least, snow would need to be painted/modeled all over the map, and any baked in lighting adjusted to look good with a snowy environment. In addition, NPC's would need to have seasonally appropriate outfits (you're not running around in tank tops in January), and foliage models would need to be stripped of leaves.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    49 posts

@dagrommit If Rockstar can do it for Red Dead II and GTA online for their two weeks winter event, it could be done for Division.

Suggested Topics