ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TwistingWorm547
    Original poster 16 posts

I think a conversion script is needed to move all the old posts over this for three reasons:

1. so that everything is in the same place
    2. easier to keep track
    3. there are many player support threads that have not been resolved and now will not get any further response unless a new post is created here on the new platform. Moving those posts, especially from player support in particular allows those to continue to receive support.

I think for those reasons, especially reason #3, a conversion script is needed, would be beneficial to have. Though if that path of a migration/conversion script is granted, I would not just move the player support posts in, i would move them all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Rootimus
    58 posts
    I think a conversion script is needed to move all the old posts over this for three reasons:

I assume they had a reason for going with NodeBB instead of XenForo like a lot of former vBulletin users did (opinions and armpits 😀 ). Perhaps NodeBB doesn't come with an import script? It's also possible they've got amateurs who are just winging it - after all, this is their open beta of the new forum, yet they've already shut down the old one. A pretty odd way of doing things, if I'm being charitable.

• Ubi-Woofer
    1334 posts
    Banned

@TwistingWorm547 - Hey there! Thank you for your post, and your feedback with regard to Discussions. As previously announced, no content, reputation or other data from the old forums will be moved here to Discussions. This is a completely fresh start for all users, and this includes in terms of posting. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause, and would like to thank you for your suggestion for a conversion script regardless. It is appreciated that you have taken the time to share your ideas and concerns with us about the move.

With regard to Player Support queries, should players re-post their issues here or else need further assistance, we are able to follow up on these. Your concern for unanswered queries is appreciated, however I'd like to reassure you that we are doing our best to address all recent issues before each brand makes its move here to Discussions in order to avoid any queries being left without a response (whether publicly on the forums, or privately in a support case).

@Rootimus - Our older Ubisoft Forums are still active for many brands; each brand has been making its move to Discussions incrementally. Discussions is also no longer in a beta phase, and is now in its full release phase, with continuous improvements, updates and changes being performed on the platform. We're open to hearing any feedback, suggestions or criticisms you may have, to aid us in improving the platform for all users. Thanks!

Suggested Topics