Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

I did the Dragov mission last night as part of the active season man-hunt. It was brutal for me. I wiped a few times. But I have to admit, I really didn't try to get creative. There are Gatling guns placed around the room but most of the time they are inactive, and even if I got on one, I was shot in the back by enemies that are constantly spawning in. Most weapons seem pretty ineffective against these guys. My drone got shot down almost immediately.

What's the best way to kill these three guys with shields... Dragov and his henchmen?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

I find it most exciting and efficient to do it in a group 😁
    I know, not the answer you are looking for.

• qapnugget
    62 posts

@virtual-chris

Ignore the bosses and clear out the spawning NPCs down first, otherwise they will utilise the gatling gun against you as well.

Then we have our our tank taking aggro so that Dragov and his 2 men face their shields away from your 3 team mates ready to fire at their exposed backs.

A full protection from elite build actually can tank all 3 with just a crusader shield.

Vigilance + Obliterate to let the tank do a bit of damage. Could swap the obliterate for vanguard instead for team survival.

• dagrommit
    785 posts

@virtual-chris there is a circular bay in the middle of the room with an ammo box. Jump in there and use it as cover. Move around inside the bay to avoid the explosion if they trigger a sticky bomb. A stinger hive will keep them distracted while you shoot at their weak points (the tops of the tanks on their back, or through the window on their shields).

• Virtual-Chris

I should have mentioned I'm trying to do it solo.

@dagrommit The middle of the room was the last place I was thinking would be a good place to hold up. Will try that next time. 🙂

• dagrommit
    785 posts

@virtual-chris yeah, I did it by running around the outside the first time and hated the mission. It's a lot easier in the middle.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@virtual-chris

Then what @dagrommit said.
    Use that enclosed counter, bar, whatever it is, at the center of the room as cover. It also holds an ammo crate, so you can take your time and spray them.
    Oh, he said that too...

• unknown_merc44
    2 posts

@virtual-chris Full red DPS Negotiators Dilemma. Tag each boss and then when you hurt one you hurt all of them. The extra adds spawn in regularly timed cycles and die pretty fast. I always kill Dragov and his buddies within 2 or 3 cycles of add spawns. The only thing to watch out for is the foam canisters which harm you as much as the enemies, and you have to be a bit more careful when you have it down to just Dragov by himself, but it works like a charm.

• Virtual-Chris

@unknown_merc44

Good thinking… I have an ND build I should have tried. I might try this and staying in the center and see how that turns out.

Thanks!

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

"The best way" is subjective.

But when I was solo and not max built, I would typically just remain on the outside and just keep going counter clockwise around until all NPCs are dead. When the bosses spawn in, they will stay in the center. As long as you keep moving around the outside, they try to follow but are slow.

Just keep doing this until all NPC waves are over, then its just you and the bosses.

I have never touched one of the turret guns in this mission.

That said, if you have Scorpio, it is really effective pretty much overall -- bus especially on bosses. Being able to status effect them pretty much nullifies their offense.

• N3mB0t
    368 posts

the best (noob) way to get through this in any dificulty is to jump inside that center counter and just blind fire a LMG at them until they just die, if done with an ND build its way faster .

after you get used to the fight its pretty easy to avoid incoming fire and enemies with so much cover to run around on that room, so no cheese tactics are needed.

• Virtual-Chris

@tcarlisle2012 Interesting... I was perhaps under the false impression that the waves of NPC coming in would never end. It helps to know that they end at some point.

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

@virtual-chris It seems like the waves of NPCs are less frequent if you are doing damage to the bosses. If the build is strong enough, one can mop up all the NPCs and have a good minute or two just to whittle the bosses down. It is entirely possible to kill all three bosses before the NPCs waves end.

This is actually one of my favorite missions -- actually the favorite. One reason is because the designer did a nice video talking about it from a level designers perspective and what they wanted the player to feel. I wish they did more of this.

Another reason is I used to work in that area and used to walk right through that mission area on a daily basis. The detail is just amazing, down to the shoe shine area.

The only thing wrong with this mission is the inability to leave it without an immersion breaking fast travel.

• LateNiteDelight
    534 posts

@tcarlisle2012 You can go out the back door and walk out to the street [corner opposite of how you enter the trading floor]. You come out into an area with a few boxes, then if you cross the street, there is a locked faction box behind the statue.

• Virtual-Chris

@tcarlisle2012 Very cool. When I do it again, I will pay attention to some of the detail. Can you point me towards the video? I would love to get the designers perspective.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

Is the mission exit still messed up? Meaning you can't leave the area unless fast-travel?

• dagrommit
    785 posts

@virtual-chris here you go:

@LateNiteDelight while you can exit the building onto the street with the faction box, you can't continue onto the rest of the map as it is walled off.

• xJdKxZomBiE
    9 posts

I've done it solo using quite the selection of builds, and while some are way easier than others, there are a key elements to all of them.

Have something on hand to distract the 3 shield guys so when the adds spawn in you can deal with them first and foremost. Whether that be riot foam, a turret, a hive, flame grenades, etc etc. Try not to use sticky bombs or chem launcher fire or purp smoke rounds because there are a few places inside the center ring where you'll easily murderdeathkill yourself.

My fav cheese build for that mission is a LMG centered build to run pestilence with and stack damage on Ron or Knuckles with primarily, when the adds spawn I stack one of them and let them die and spread the cancer to others and go back to focusing on big dudes. Once one add dies, the stacks usually outright kill if not almost kill the rest, and when they die they also transfer stacks to the 3 big dudes adding to the damage on the ones you aren't shooting.

That, or my eclipse fire build. Easily wipes adds, and setting the big guys on fire and running Pyromaniac increases my dps on the big dudes. Run this build with Vile and the emp scan ability and you can keep a constant ring of DOT going whether its fire or emp triggered Vile status.

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

@latenitedelight Yeah, I now. Now tell me ow you get from there to say, any other mission or event?

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

That center area spot use to be SUPER OP on that mission. You could literally sit there and hipfire from cover with a bulletking and chew them all down with total ease. Somewhere aroudn TU10 they made it so you can take damage in that spot from them, but it's still not much.

Suggested Topics