ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

Twice now, in the last week, I’ve changed my world difficulty temporarily to Normal to take on Hunters and some random encounter loot during that difficulty setting has dropped a god rolled item both times.

I can’t recall ever getting a god rolled item elsewhere (it’s possible I’m forgetting, but the fact I can’t remember says everything you need to know about how infrequent it is).

I literally disassemble a hundred crap rolled items a day… and 99 of those items won’t even have a god rolled attribute… but the two times I play briefly on Normal difficulty in 200 hours of Hard/Challenging, I get a god rolled item each time in an hour or two?

The loot drop algorithms in this game are bewildering.

How often do you see god rolled items drop?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    859 posts

@virtual-chris

There is something about switching the difficulty back that is making the RNG funky that way.
    I've seen people doing it and I use it as well with some success.
    For example, farming for Coyote's Mask at Jefferson Trade, when the targeted loot was masks, we did the mission on Heroic and didn't drop, switched to Challenging and did it one more time and voila, it dropped. (Can try for it even when the target is something else, but chances are lower).
    I've seen similar technique used with success at Lincoln Memorial (Chameleon mostly) and the first part of Capitol mission (make it to the entrance, then restart the mission).

As for your question, I get between one and three god-rolled items for about 2-3 hours gaming session, depending what I am doing.

• Noxious81
    770 posts

There are several "myths" and "semi-myths" revolving around loot quality – switching difficulties being of it.

Another one is your ingame time / how often you play. Rumors say that people not playing very frequently would get better drops in comparison to people logging in to the game daily. This at least seems to be logical, as the game might want to keep the casually playing gamers more interested and on par with regularly playing agents. Plus the game cannot deliver the same "loot quality per hour" for an agent playing 30 hours in one week as for an agent playing said 30 hours in two or three months – because the more active agent would have everything godrolled after a few weeks (which would not really be engaging concerning still logging in on a regular basis).

And my favorite "semi-myth" is the one referring to the loot inside of your stash. It's my favorite one because we have repeatedly tried this with new clan members and the long-term quality of the loot really did improve (sometimes more, sometimes less) every time. So the idea here is that the game is indeed looking at the quality of your gear – and thus calculates what loot quality would be rewarding for you. Usually being a bit better than what you already have. Which means that every time an item drops that's supposed to feel rewarding for you, it is based upon the quality of your current agent's gear. And this is where the gear inside your stash comes into play: because this gear is also being taken into account when performing the aforementioned calculation. This basically means that if you are keeping a lot of badly rolled stuff in your stash, it might have a negative effect on your "rewards".

Solution: Try to already recalibrate useless attributes so that you will have more high stats and attributes on the gear inside your stash. Discard junk. Move junk that you do not want to discard to another character.

This will of course not completely change the quality of your loot – but as I said before: cleaning up the stash has proven to be a good way to improve the quality of the meant to be rewarding loot items on a long-term basis.

• LateNiteDelight
    968 posts

@virtual-chris I believe someone estimated it out to:

• Normal: 1%
    • Hard: 2%
    • Challenging: 3%
    • Heroic: 5%
    • Legendary: 7%

And with each roll being independent, you find streaks in both the good and bad direction. Also, with each difficulty, the floor moves up, but I've never seen anything that hunted down what those floors actually are [total power, not individual attributes] - it feels something in the ballpark of 50-55-60-65-70, but that's just a super rough ballpark guess [haven't been playing much since the end of Season 4].

I figure I get about one per hour on average.

• LateNiteDelight
    968 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LateNiteDelight
    968 posts

@adrian-11 at one point, word on the street was that jumping to Heroic expanded the Exotic loot pool. This meant if you were running Jefferson, True Sons, etc - you actually had a slightly better chance to get the specific exotic on Challenging. Don't know if that was ever confirmed by the devs?

• Virtual-Chris

I’m getting seriously annoyed… some of you are getting a god-rolled item an hour?

I have had two in a week now (20-30 hours), but prior, I can’t remember getting a god rolled item.

[censored]?!

The RNG system certainly isn’t monitoring the forums for squeaky wheels 🙂

• dagrommit
    894 posts

There is some disagreement on the precise terminology, but this seems to be widely accepted:

Max roll = one attribute with maximum roll
    Max rolled = all attributes with maximum rolls, doesn't matter what the attributes are (i.e. could be rainbow)
    God rolled = all attributes with maximum rolls, and the attributes are ones you want/can use

When I was playing more regularly (i.e. multiple hours/day on challenging world difficulty):

• max roll = frequently, once or more per day
    • max rolled = infrequently, once a day at best
    • god rolled = much less frequently than the above

Increasing difficulty should improve the frequency, simply because the floor is higher.

• LateNiteDelight
    968 posts

@virtual-chris sorry! As noted by dagrommit.. we might not be using the term the same.

If we're talking Maxed Rolled, that's probably closer to 3 hours [unless I hit a hit streak].. and Perfect, no need to touch it, is definitely 10+. Some, like a full Crit W&H Chest, infinite 😳

I also find I view pieces as how they end up post recalibration, while others do not. I probably get a double max roll piece close to once an hour, which in my mind, is a Max Rolled piece. Mostly Challenging, with a mixing in of Hard and Heroic. I also seem to clear/farm more efficiently than average, based on forum comments [I had almost all of the Speed Trial records for our clan last I checked].

• Adrian-11
    859 posts

@virtual-chris

I think context is important...
    Out of three hours, one hour I helped a friend which was level 5 (I made him buy the game just recently 😀 ).
    The other two hours I run five missions on Heroic with some directives in a group, two of those missions were Lau and Schaeffer manhunts, ran into rogues twice. Some other open world quick things (like running into an elite convoy when we left the mission area).
    I got probably 5 god-rolled items, but I kept only three for future recalibration. Also, I got a bunch of named items and a Bullet King from Schaeffer.
    Lots of loot, had to ask for break after each mission to clean up the inventory.

And that's a typical gaming evening for me.

Later correction to be in line with the terminology: five max-rolled, out of which I kept three, one god-rolled (aka came perfect), the other two will get there with recalibration. I did not not count the max-roll ones, lots of them.

• Virtual-Chris

Ok, I was using god-rolled incorrectly... what I meant was Maxed Rolled... all attributes on the item are maxed out. Anyway, I still feel like I'm getting poor loot. In fact, the game is encouraging me to switch to Normal difficulty to get better loot. 😞

• LateNiteDelight
    968 posts

@virtual-chris Small Sample Size 👩‍🏫

RNG is stingy most of the time, it's a purposeful design for Looters. Though since you face more enemies in groups, you do get more chances for mRolls when playing grouped up [as well as harder difficulties].

Also, you need to think about how many items and attributes there are in the pool - well rolled doesn't mean it's useful. The real question in terms of quality, is how many pieces are dropping with (2)85%+ rolls - because those items are just one Recalc and a few Optimization Tiers from mRoll.

More importantly though, you don't need gRolls to cruise through Hard or Challenging - they just help make Heroic or Legendary easier. Just need to quiet down that Perfection Rat gnawing at the back of your mind...

• WalkinTarget1
    31 posts

I had 2 max rolls drop from a purple on Solar Farms as a lvl 3 CP, and I have never had that happen before, especially from a purple. Was just farming for spec points and it VERY rare that I find gear better than what my 32 loadouts already have. You know you play too much when you get 2 max roll items and neither can upgrade any of your existing loadouts.

• Oatiecrumble
    434 posts

I only play on Heroic+ and i would say i get about a 3-4 god rolled stat in drops in about 4hrs, fully god rolled is a quite rare and even then there is a high chance it uselss especially when it comes to chests/backpacks.

Pure luck....Pure RNG.

• Adrian-11
    859 posts

This evening confirmed that theory - about one max-rolled item per hour or less time. Similar scenario... missions and CPs in the group, Heroic with some directives.
    Need to test if the Summit yields the same results.

Suggested Topics