ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

I spent some time tonight doing the hunters in NY. As you all know, the group of four requires an insane amount of prep to get them to spawn… and of course, the likelihood of taking them all out in one try is well… I got two before I went down as the other two ganged-up on me.

First question: Do I need to repeat the entire process to respawn those two again?

Next question: Does anyone know if the original riddle for this is published somewhere? I’m absolutely stunned that anyone could figure this out without a detailed guide. It’s fascinating. I’d like to see what they were working with.

Lastly: Any of you get all four of them solo?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    438 posts

Is it for the Masks? if so, yes, you have to repeat the process.

Guide to masks and other tips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzbRa9Vi6nSYSmafgltRuE3L_lcaSWpoI

If it's too hard to solo just reduce the difficulty.

• L3AND80
    71 posts

Yes, although complicated, you can kill the four Hunters playing solo, but you'll probably have to lower the difficulty, because the real challenge is that if you take too long to kill them, they run away, and this is annoying, because the battle is intense and interesting, but it becomes frustrating when they, even winning, flee and you have to repeat the entire procedure again for them to reappear.

• Virtual-Chris
    Is it for the Masks? if so, yes, you have to repeat the process.

Guide to masks and other tips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzbRa9Vi6nSYSmafgltRuE3L_lcaSWpoI

If it's too hard to solo just reduce the difficulty.

Thanks… I’ve been using Nothingbutskills video guides… his library of content is incredible.

Sadly, I was on Normal difficulty and tried to get them to spread out, it worked for two of them but the other two stuck together 😞

I guess I know how I’m spending my Sat afternoon. LOL.

• fs_slacker
    27 posts

@virtual-chris I was able to get all four of them solo the second time I tried (died the first). I got lucky and had a civilian patrol occupy two of them. Can't remember what build I used but most likely it was either turret/drone skills or something with the big shield. They run to cover a lot, so have to be willing to switch to whichever is the most convenient threat to you. I doubt I'd be able to do this without the patrol.

• Virtual-Chris

@fs_slacker

Yeah, will try to ensure there are NPCs around.

I wonder, having killed two the first time, am I going to face only the other two or all four again?

• LateNiteDelight
    979 posts

@virtual-chris do you have Pestilence yet? Exotic LMG. It's very helpful in these situations, as a full stack can usually finish a Hunter before they heal [burn off their armor with bullets, then they'll take cover to heal, but the stacks can usually eat the Health before they finish the animation], then it hops to the next.

Or your ND build, but swap in Unbreakable?

• Oatiecrumble
    438 posts
    @Virtual-Chris

I wonder, having killed two the first time, am I going to face only the other two or all four again?

All four again i'm afraid.....

• fs_slacker
    27 posts

@virtual-chris All four will spawn again when you re-do it.

For the masks: You'll need to kill each individual hunter once to get their mask...so if you killed two of them before and looted the mask, you can only loot new masks off the two you didn't kill.

For the key: Only one of the hunters will drop the key that you need to unlock the off-white chest. I don't know if it's always a particular hunter who has it, or if it's a random hunter in that group of four. But technically you just need to kill/loot that one hunter to complete the key set for the chest.

• Virtual-Chris

@latenitedelight

I do not have Pestilence, but I do have the Scorpio which has been extremely effective against hunters and bosses, as the first few rounds will immobilize them and then they are sitting ducks while I unload a full mag into them. On Normal, one mag is usually enough but even if not, they are immobilized long enough to accommodate a reload on the Scorpio. However, you do have to get very close, so if you screw up, you're toast. 🙂

I've been using my CHC/CHD build swapping out glass cannon for 3 F's which replenishes armor completely when it's depleted giving me another life. :). I need to look at Unbreakable. Not sure I have that.

What is the real problem however, is fighting more than one at a time. While I'm raining down hate on one, if another is nearby, I'm toast. It's critical that I separate them. I doubt that ND will help me much... because that means engaging more than one at a time which as I've found, is a deadly proposition.

For skills, I just carry a revive hive against these guys to give me the possibility of a 2nd chance, but it didn't help me last time. They either killed me dead or disabled my skills. 😞

• Virtual-Chris

Correction to above… I use Badger Tuff Zero Fs which has Perfectly Unbreakable. It saves my [censored] against these guys but it’s not god mode which is what I really need 🙂

• Virtual-Chris

Mission accomplished!

Even on Normal Difficulty with an OP weapon like the Scorpio it’s difficult as hell. But I got lucky with some NPCs drawing them out and separating them. Intense.

I really enjoy the Hunters. They seem like much better enemies than typical sponge bosses for some reason. Maybe it’s because there is no BS secondary objectives running around an arena trying to destroy this or hack that while multiple enemies try to kill you. It’s just warrior vs warrior(s) in the open world. These guys and rogue agents are the best. Anyway, wish there was more of this in the game. Awesome!

• LateNiteDelight
    979 posts

@virtual-chris ++ Hunter's are my favorite enemies

Suggested Topics