Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tr0gmar
    Original poster 3 posts

I recently reinstalled the game because I bought, but never made it to the expansion. I had some minor studdering before ,but not too bad. Now when I try to play it literally not do able. I try to get into cover and 2 or 3 seconds later I've been shredded and clinging for life . I tried using directx 12, but that was constantly crashing. Not sure what fixes could help.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

@tr0gmar My apologies for the difficulties you have been running into when trying to play The Division 2. If you have exhausted all steps from our PC Troubleshooting Guide to help with the overall lag and studdering you are witnessing, I would ensure that both the Ubisoft Connect client and The Division 2 are installed on the same hard drive and you disable any additional background applications you may have opened with the game. I would also advise restoring all overclocked settings if you have any back to default to test if you see any differences. However, if you have already exhausted all these steps, could you create a support ticket with your system files attach? This way we can take a closer look into what might be causing this behavior in-game for you.

Official Response
  • Tr0gmar
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-smash Looking more into it i think reducing CPU usage might help. do you know what settings might help. My GPU is more the good enough, but my CPU is just barley meeting the mark.

• TK105
    24 posts

@ubi-smash You're too shallow. Do you understand how many reports of abnormalities such as crashes have been reported? It's a situation that is no longer in that dimension.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99672/investigating-crash-to-desktop-issues-on-pc-updated-june-29th-2021/15?lang=en-US
    Read on.

Excessive object installation, memory leak, existence of areas where CPU / GPU is overloaded, abnormalities due to programming design mistakes, all are abnormalities due to developer engineer design mistakes.
    There are a huge number of reports of frequent application errors / crashes on PlayStation4, PlayStation5, Xbox, and all platforms, not just the PC environment, so it's not about the level of the user's environment.

What each user is complaining about. This is what we are looking for.
    - Review the programming and take action to correct the abnormalities. Don't keep making amateur mistakes.
    - Because there are too many memory leaks, act to fix errors and bugs.
    - The program design itself is not a problem on the user side. Engineers should rewrite the program source to fix the cause of the crash.
    - Since the memory leak is abnormal, improve it as soon as possible. 

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

@tr0gmar There are a few things you can try to help with your CPU usage.

Is v-sync (and g-sync if supported) on or off?
    Are there any second applications open during the game (streaming, recording, chat, etc.)
    Is it possible to extract a pattern of gameplay when the issue happens? (If you are seeing any spikes during combat, safe zones, Dead Zones, or if it has been randomly occurring)
    Is it before or after any specific events?
    You can also share your system files by submitting a support ticket to take a closer look at this with you as well.

@TK105 I appreciate you providing this information with us, but please understand that all PC specs are different and we take this into considerations when looking into each issue to help resolve the problem first and to collect further information to the game team if all steps have been exhausted. If all steps have been tried, please don't hesitate to send your MSINFO and DxDIAG on our "Live Chat" service when this is available or via our social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook. This will allow us to share this information with our team to further investigate. We thank you for bearing with us in the meantime while further investigating this with you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics