Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Straty93_
    Original poster 7 posts

So I've seen plenty of threads on here and on Reddit, claiming stealth in Valhalla is fine or works as intended. However, mine and many others in the stealth community's experience of this game is anything but that. This is a showcase of the many issues that currently plague Valhalla. As the issues are so widespread and numerous, that consistent stealth is nigh on impossible, even in the current patch.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• quanzaizai
    14 posts

The game has been out for almost a year, its time to fix all of these

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@straty93_ this isn’t a stealth game and everybody knows it. All the gameplay leads to the combat system. Sure you can kill somebody and throw your axe and then they know your there and the button bashing begins. Look at the skill tree most of it is health melee damage and resistance.ac2 had stealth assassination(a little jab).even with the hood on you get spotted.

• Straty93_
    Original poster 7 posts

@victoruchiha82 Thing is, why bother putting stealth mechanics and mission types in, if they don't work? Marketing stealth features and mission types, like social stealth, the upcoming blackbox missions or the mastery challenges, only for them not to work most of the time, is kinda pointless if that were the case. If they said stealth isn't a thing, then of course this would be pointless debating but that's just not what's happened with Valhalla thus far.

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@straty93_ they put them in because otherwise they can sell it a ac(tripple a game). And enough people complaint about lack off old skool gameplay. Ubisoft is just playing catch up at this moment. Which they can do because people bought the seasonpass and they can take there time fixing the game

• Straty93_
    Original poster 7 posts

@victoruchiha82 But surely you see the issue. If they add this features and they don't work, that's pretty much worse than not adding them in the first place. If they don't add them in the first place, they can at least justify it. Adding mechanics that don't work and then not addressing the issues, is so much worse. You're alienating your hardcore fan base, the people who spread the good word about the game. It's nonsensical to add features and then have them not work or be flat out broken. No company worth their dealt would do that.

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@straty93_ ooooh believe me. I am with you. I like the ezio trylogie or ghost way better. I think Ubisoft bet on the wrong gameplay. Now they are trying to please everybody and it’s just not working(like you said)

• kingoshus
    22 posts

Never before have I seen such a concise, well structures and thoroughly evidenced breakdown of everything wrong with the stealth in Valhalla, which I've known since a few days after launch I realised guards were consistently instantly spotting me while I was still a few hundred yards from even reaching the camp I was headed to

Great job with this

I see now reason why stealth in Valhalla can't be at least on par with Origins, and maybe this is a step towards convincing devs that it needs fixing, especially when "black box" missions are coming in Siege of Paris and more stealth mastery challenges are likely also on the way

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@kingoshus I hope they are better than the mastery challeges. Which where sold to players as “ find your own way to achieve them”. But could only be done a certain way. Granted if they worked where fun

• Straty93_
    Original poster 7 posts

@kingoshus Thank you. After a month or 2 of anxiety over whether to even make the damn thing, it's so rewarding to hear it's actually decent. 🙂

• Straty93_
    Original poster 7 posts

@victoruchiha82 Fair enough. Sorry if I came across as being an [censored]. Wasn't my intention! 🙂

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@straty93_ huh? When where you doing that haha. Most people on this forum are annoyed about this game. Totally understandable. 😇

• Straty93_
    Original poster 7 posts

@victoruchiha82 Aha Just thought maybe the way I worded certain things. But yeah either way 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics