ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LurchUSA
    Original poster 6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sock_Monkey
    535 posts

@lurchusa Get used to it. I posted something about it a while ago where the latest trend seemed to be hiding and doing nothing while I cleared solo Heroic landmarks, then as I was weakened and busy finishing off the last boss they turn rogue and shoot you in the back.

I actually had one guy a few weeks ago come up to my face, step back and turn rogue face-to-face then we went at it. It was very close, and in the end he won, but after re-spawning I was complementing him for showing actual sportsmanship, giving me warning, etc.and that drew the ire of everyone else in the DZ. LOL!

Sad, but it's the state we live in today.

• HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

Same kinda things happened in td1 too in its hayday. Everyone seems to think farmers were left alone unless extracting on td1, not true, yd1 was just as bad for it but it was much harder to track people on td1 as it didnt show you which landmark was in combat on td1 like it does on td2 with going from purple to red, there was a skill to find people on td1, theres none at all on td2, you pretty much know where anyone rogue or pve'ing is most of the time on td2. The smaller dzs have ruined any chance you had of farming in peace.

My advice would be to go in expecting to get absolutely nothing out, its much much less frustrsting then. The best way of dz farming is to take other people down before they extract if you're looking for something, if they dont have it then leave their stuff alone. Actually doing landmarks is not thd easiest way to farm at all.

• Sock_Monkey
    535 posts

@honestlyok1986 You are totally correct. I don't look back at TD1 with rose-colored glasses; there were plenty of gankers and back shooters there too. I just think the DZ was laid out infinitely better to deal with it than Div 2's DZ. It was one HUGE DZ, and when you called an extraction ISAC didn't announce to everyone else in the DZ that you had done so. Yeah, it blinked on the map, but often you'd get lucky and the gankers didn't glance at their map in time to ambush you.

It started out really, really bad with the auto-switch-to-rogue even if you accidentally shot someone (or they deliberately jumped into your line of fire) but over the course of numerous updates I think they finally got the DZ about is good as it could be in Div 1 - at least without changing the entire play model.

Div 2 seemed to toss all of those lessons out the window on release, and has slowly come back to most of the same conclusions. The tiny DZs and stupid ISAC just begging other players to "just come steal my stuff" isn't going to change, but they did redress some of the other issues along the way.

• Adrian-11
    897 posts

@sock_monkey

TD2 implemented the small DZs and those stupid revealing measures to force the encounters, make it more "dynamic".
    Well, it is more dynamic, we all run in small circles and do the chicken dance, trying to not expose our backs.

Suggested Topics