Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/25 Replies/1526 Views
    bebry321
    Original poster 1 posts

Can not progress story. Objective is to follow Beonton. I have followed the dog for over 45 minutes and we are now near Templebrough Fort. I have tried to fast travel away, reload checkpoint, did another mission. The dog will not head to the needed location and I can not continue the story.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• youngMichael300
    1 posts

@bebry321 please fix your game Ubisoft so my friend wont quit

• Kinaye
    7 posts

I too ran into the same problem as the OP; here's a bit more detail.

BUG: Eurvicscire|Road to Hamartia, Dog takes excessively long circuitous route

December 9, 2020
    Possible Spoiler Alert

About midway through the quest “Road to Hamartia” in the Eurvicscire province, we need to follow a dog that will lead us to where bad guys might be hiding.

It starts after the recovery of a scout at the “Temple of Brigantia”. Halfdan has a Rottweiler named Beonton that’s got the scent of bad guys and we need to follow him. Unfortunately the dog gets lost and misses the trail. He never does lead properly, and instead tortures us with indirection, bobbing and weaving left and right, then reversing from time to time, and eventually we wind up nearly at Picheringa when the doggone dog doubles back and heads all the way to Temple of Brigantia where it picks up the scent again (correctly this time) and heads to the Petuaria ruins. Estimating this took me at least 15 possibly 20 minutes to complete, and at the end of it I was very frustrated. 😧
    I mean, washing my socks by hand would be more entertaining.

I went to youtube to get a proper measure of time wasted, and that’s where I discovered it was a bug because the dog in that video went straight from Temple of Brigantia to Petuaria ruins in about 1 minute.

As a pet peeve, I really dislike following NPCs for more than a minute, and especially when they take an indirect circuitous route.

• ssjgoku2k420
    15 posts

This is very frustrating. I'm not even getting that far. Once I save the scout, nothing happens. I lost my HUD. I can't access my world map, I can't speak to anyone. I can't meditate. I'm basically stuck starting over. I opened a ticket with Ubisoft and submitted my save files. I'm super bummed because I've dropped 89 hours into this. If anyone wants to see my issue:

• AngryArsPirate
    1 posts

So first thing is first, the baker followed me through most of the story I think he had teleportation powers. He fought along size me, helped me force open doors, do raids and stood there looking odd through most of my cut scenes. Because of this I got to the quest road to Hamartia where the dog leads you looking for traitors you go underground and Halfdan is supposed to help you force open a door but the teleporting Baker did it for him. So now Halfdan sits there in waiting and I can no longer progress through the story. It’s been about a month now I did pretty much everything in the game and I’m way overpowered and I want to beat the game now. Please fix this game.

• LiLWeeger
    3 posts

I’m currently on that mission now and the dog took me down the Trent river all the way past Fiscartun. I’m not sure where he’s gonna stop or turnaround since apparently the destination we’re supposed to go to is the Petuaria Ruins. When he first kept circling around in the area left of Temple of Brigantia i thought something was up and then he kept swimming down the Trent lmao

• LiLWeeger
    3 posts

UPDATE: the dog swam all the way down to TEMPLEBROUGH FORT and tweaked each time I was seen by an enemy. (So I had to kill all of them) he went in circles some more before finding a road and going all the way up through Donecastre until getting to the Humbre river crossing. Unfortunately he didn’t cross the river at the crossing, proceeded to get into the river, and started swimming down the Trent again....smh

• LiLWeeger
    3 posts

UPDATE #2: After going around that loop to Templebrough for again, the dog made it back to the river crossing right before Birgantia. I found that if you walk around the dog a few times and even a little bit ahead of him toward where you want to go, it kinda of updates the game in a way. Kind of like giving the AI kick in the butt if you will. Once he found the path after going through that archway you start at with the dead ally scout, he makes it to Petuaria in the end. So have a little patience and see if you can almost guide the do towards the ruins and it may help. I hope this helps anyone else who happened across this bug!

• bcollins78
    1 posts

Xbox One

player stuck by ladder and will not follow to the door. The door was opened prior to unlocking the actual quest. Nothing resolves the issue and as a result the main story can’t be completed.

This bug has been known for 4 months (min) and still has not been resolved. I refuse to restart the game and at this point want a refund for the game I bought but can’t play to completion.

• Chriss_Boss
    1 posts

In the mission help Moira, she is fleeing away from me and gone for a swim in the river as I tried to :
    -follow her or make her follow me.
    - get her to come on the horse.
    - get her to get on a small boat.
    - get her to get on the ship.
    But any time I get close to her she swim's away from me, when I manage to lead her to the shore she gets back to the river.
    I followed her so far now she is almost all the way to Ledestercire!!!

• dal3d3nt0n420
    1 posts

I have an issue with Road to Hamertia were the dog is just running and swimming everywhere and always gets stuck and i cant go any further, ive tried reloading and my last save is 10hrs prior

• Buddhaboi7991
    1 posts

@bebry321 I just ran into this problem today, literally the same, he took me all the way to some fort after following him fir 30 minutes down the river, all I did to fix it was reload a save point from a few missions back, before I found Moira and asked about her brew, once I got back to following the dog he took me right to the place he needed to.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 909 posts

@dal3d3nt0n420 My apologies for the lateness in getting back to your post. Please keep us posted if this behavior is still the same after the latest updates along with the platform you are playing on so we can share this with the team to review.

Official Response
  • FernandoLeusin
    1 posts

@ubi-smash I have the same here, running on Series X. The only difference is that the dog appeared on the city of Doncaster and there’s no response of it.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1878 posts

@fernandoleusin I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with this quest.

Can you confirm what happened after the cut scene with the wounded soldier?

• Did you leave the area during the quest?
    • Did Beonton disappear then appear in Doncaster

Are you able to load a previous save before you started the quest and try to complete it again?

@dal3d3nt0n420 If you are still experiencing this issue could you please provide a video.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

@fernandoleusin @dal3d3nt0n420 I forwarded this issue on the development team along with your save files and they were unable to reproduce the issue and your save files appear to show that the quest 'Road to Hamartia' is completed.

Can you confirm if this is now the case or if the issue persists?

Official Response
  • RENOWNEDKILLER8
    4 posts

I've just encountered the same bug, except the dog is just sitting idle in Doncaster. My game saves are just the auto-saves so cannot simply re-load from a couple of quests ago, would never have expected to need to save the game manually to avoid a glitch that shouldn't happen.

Since this issue has clearly existed for so long, has anyone found a solution to it yet?

• RENOWNEDKILLER8
    4 posts

@ubi-keo I have exactly the same issue, the recent updates have not fixed this bug for me yet on Xbox One.

Currently is idling like other pets in Doncaster. Originally, when at the previous checkpoint the game suddenly sent me very far to the southwest (maybe Gloucestershire), which I thought was odd but now Beonton has appeared outside the trader in Doncaster but won't move along with the quest.

I assumed that all the auto-saves would have been re-accessible but it seems mine do not stretch back far enough for me to re-load before I started the quest as I had not played the game in a couple of weeks.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 477 posts

Hi there,

This issue has been reported and is currently under investigation. At the moment, a workaround is to rollback to a previous save.

If using an older save still does not help fix this issue, please get in touch and we can take details to issue a report to our game team.

Thank you for understanding!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

@renownedkiller8 I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue.

As my colleague Ubi-Nacho explained, the issue is currently being investigated and the only option at this time is to load a previous save before you started the quest, however I understand that it is not possible for you to do this.

I have forwarded your account details and save file to the development team to help with their investigation.

Official Response

Suggested Topics