Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• veico_cm
    Original poster 27 posts

When playing with a gamepad, mashing the parcour button after jumping off a roof will result in a fast forward roll when hitting the ground. On keyboard and mouse controls however, I always get the slow sideways roll (looks like a Dark Souls fat roll). I've created a video to display the difference in animations:

I prefer the second animation but can't trigger it. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2322 posts

@veico_cm Can you confirm if you are using the default key bindings when playing on mouse and keyboard? And if so which key are you pressing to perform the roll?

Official Response
  • veico_cm
    Original poster 27 posts

@ubi-keo I've reassigned Parcour Up to Shift, but I also tried it with default controls just to be sure and I can't perform the roll with either option.

• Ubi-Keo

@veico_cm Thanks for the update.

I have reported this to the development team to look into.

Official Response
  • veico_cm
    Original poster 27 posts

@ubi-keo thank you!

• Ubi-Keo

@veico_cm You're welcome 🙂

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    235 posts

@Ubi-Mark
    @Ubi-Woofer
    @yazx_

you can roll after high jump by holding space before hitting the ground, if it didnt work then just hold space and any movement key

I finally got around to trying out the tip about the landing roll and was not able to do it on keyboard. Maybe I am still doing something wrong? I remember this same landing roll control from Odyssey, and was able to do it no problem there. On keyboard, Eivor lands on their side and slowly rolls whether I press space or not, sometimes taking damage. With a controller, Eivor does a quick little forward roll and takes no damage.

Here is a video. 0:00-0:07 is on keyboard. After 0:07, I'm using a controller. The input is the same, I am pressing the parkour button + directional just before landing. All controls are default. Any help is appreciated!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 808 posts

Hey @lemmie88

I've moved your comment to it's own thread to keep the other thread more on topic with the original post. Just to clarify, are you "holding" space like the suggestion said from the other player (in your quote) or are you just "pressing" space (which is what you mentioned doing).

Official Response
  • coolhawk2010
    3 posts

@veico_cm I didn't even know that it was possible. Please ubi fix it.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 731 posts

@coolhawk2010 Hey!

This issue is open for investigation at the moment. We'll report back once we have more news to share on the fast forward roll.

Thank you for your patience.

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    235 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks for the response!

I am "pressing" space in the video, but I tried "holding" space with the same results. In fact, I feel like I've tried every possible button permutation! 😅

Also, it looks like this has already been reported and is just not possible on keyboard:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102550/pc-is-there-a-way-to-perform-the-fast-forward-roll-on-mouse-and-keyboard?lang=en-US

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 808 posts

@lemmie88 Ah perfect, thanks for linking that to me, I hadn't seen that one yet. I'll just merge this thread into that one 🙂

Official Response
  • lemmie88
    235 posts

As of TU 1.4.0, it is possible to do the fast forward roll on mouse and keyboard by pressing space as Eivor lands. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate not rolling around like a turtle or smashing my ankles anymore. Thank you! 😊

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 643 posts

@lemmie88

No problem at all. Glad we were able to get this resolved and I hope you continue to enjoy the game. Cheers!

Official Response

Suggested Topics