Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• aidanielable
    Original poster 5 posts

Hi,

I have a problem with low FPS and bad latency when playing Assassins Creed 3 Remastered, from the very beginning of the game. The main menu has bad input lag, all cutscenes and gameplay have terrible FPS as well as the input lag. I have the same problem with Liberation too.

I have searched these forums and other places online and none of the apparent fixes have worked for me so far. Any additional help will be appreciated.

My specs are:
    Windows 10 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)
    Intel Core i7-10700 @ 2.9 GHz (16 CPUs)
    16384 MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 789 posts

@aidanielable Thank you for reporting this to us, we're sorry to hear that's been occurring.

What steps have you tried thus far to resolve this issue?

Just to confirm, you are using a desktop PC and not a laptop? One thing to check is in the Nvidia Control panel, making sure the game is using your GPU and not your integrated GPU on the CPU.

Official Response
  • aidanielable
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-baron Hi, thanks for the quick response.

First I tried just changing the in-game settings but that didn't fix the FPS it just made the game look worse.

After searching online I tried changing some of the recommended 3D settings within Nvidia control panel; power management, threaded optimisation & low-latency mode were the main ones. There was no discernible difference with any/all of these settings changed.

I then tried setting a higher priority in task manager, as well as "resetting" the affinity as well.

Lastly I uninstalled the game from my HDD and reinstalled onto my SSD instead then retried the above steps but again it made no difference.

I'm on a desktop yes, I'm also not overly techy which is why I've been looking for guides and not trying too much myself without prompt.
    That is not something I have seen mentioned before, do you know which settings exactly I need to check for that GPU problem?

• Ubi-Baron

@aidanielable Thank you for getting back to us with that information.

I believe it should be in the Performance settings to be able to select the GPU.

What it may also be worth trying is rolling back the drivers, as some of our previous titles have been seeing issues with the most recent drivers.

Official Response
  • aidanielable
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-baron Thanks for the help,

Rolling back to older drivers has made it better but it's still stuttering a bit, it's not comfortable to play it for too long.
    Only trouble is that now I can't access the 3D settings but if this is the best I can get it then it will do

• Ubi-Baron

@aidanielable Thank you for letting us know.

What's the Driver version you are using?

Official Response
  • aidanielable
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-baron

I downloaded 456.71 as that was the closest I could find to the games release

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Thanks for providing this additional information, wo we can get this looked into further could I ask you to contact our support teams directly with your system reports as advised in the support article below.

Generating a DirectX Diagnostic Report

Generating a Microsoft System Information Report

The fastest way to do this would be directly through our Live Chat service when this is available but you can also get in touch via our social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook if you have access to these services.

In the meantime, if you have any difficulty creating these reports or contacting our support teams, please feel free to let us know so we can attempt to assist further.

Official Response
  • Wejson700
    1 posts

Hi,
    i have the same issue. Did you find the solution?

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 983 posts

Hey @wejson700, sorry to hear you are encountering the same issues. Have you tried the steps previously shared by my colleague to help remedy this issue? If you have already exhausted all efforts already provided, would you be willing to create a support ticket with your system files attached so that we can take a closer look into this with you?

Official Response

Suggested Topics