Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• unknown_l3ug
    Original poster 4 posts

hi

I pkayed division 2 hardcore character i have proplem with hardcore mode game froze i got black screen when i open the game again show me im did ???

no one killed me its gust game froz ???

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Hey @unknown_l3ug, welcome to The Division 2 forums! Sorry to hear that your agent is dead after this freezing issue. To clarify, have these freezing and black screen issues occurred more than this one time?

Official Response
  • unknown_l3ug
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-mercury yes happened also on level 26 i think it was Wednesday and second time yesterday on level 40

• Noxious81
    475 posts

Nothing I have experienced myself, but I've heard/read about freezes in Safehouses not killing your Hardcore character. While freezes during missions and in the open world do cause your character to die, since the game would need to respawn the character.... which is... not available for a Hardcore character.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@unknown_l3ug Did you receive any kind of error code or error message when this occurred? And did this happen while out and about in the world, or in a safehouse, as mentioned by @Noxious81 ?

Official Response
  • unknown_l3ug
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubistorm no I don’t receive any error code it’s just freezing than back me to ps5 menu

• unknown_l3ug
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubistorm happened with me twice only in open in control point

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@unknown_l3ug Thank you for that information! Would you be willing to give this troubleshooting guide a try to see if it helps with this at all for you?

Official Response
  • tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

@ubisushivamp with all due respect, and I get that you are trying to be helpful, I think you are missing the key point here: which is that a game/system issue can kill a hardcore run which the player has spent considerable time progressing. That is a fundamental design flaw to have not designed the product to handle game client crashes in a much better way.

Yes -- I also get that if the game did have better handling, people would probably try to exploit that in order to prevent a wipe when they were downed legitimately because of things within their control. But, it would not have been a technical impossibility to handle client crashes in hardcore mode and make it extremely hard to exploit that handling.

The troubleshooting page you shared has some value, but I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect people to follow that flow and then go back to square one and dump more time into hardcore mode and report back if it happens again or not?

I think the only thing that can be done at this point is to say unfortunately, it is what it is, and won't be fixed or even investigated or worked on.... and players that use the hardcore mode (still labelled BETA, I hope because effectively it is) should understand that risk and if that is not within their appetite they should avoid this mode of play. It is a tough pill to swallow.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 430 posts

Hey folks,

Thank you for your information on this issue.

I've passed the details onto the team to look into further. At this time though, we do not have any further information to share on this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Hammerd_AF
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins shocker there.

Suggested Topics