ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Archaedos
    Original poster 4 posts

I have the required researched discovery points to build 4 of them, but when I head on to the shipyard, the option isn't available. Please help

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you have this trouble.

Can I check what resources you have?

Many thanks,

Official Response
  • Archaedos
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    What resources do you need?

My Pc specs are:

ASUS TUF Z390 - Pro Gaming
    Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram Corsair Dominator 3200 MHz
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500 GB storage
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming having Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080

• Archaedos
    Original poster 4 posts

@Ubi-WheelyDuck might also be something wrong with the Construction cost. In the printscreen I've posted you can see the costs it demands (1 great eastern discovery and another 21 great eastern discovery). I've counted I have 19 of these already built before the patch.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 967 posts

Thank you for your updates,

As soon as we have any information we will be back in touch.

Many thanks in the mean time.

Official Response
  • banan1996.1996
    110 posts

@Archaedos @Ubi-WheelyDuck

The issue here is only UI issue: it correctly shows 1 permit required. The incorrect part is that it shows 21 permits, while in fact it is supposed to be 21t of steel beams. And the steam motors cost is hidden.

As far as I can tell, this steam shipyard here is affected by two items which reduce construction costs:
    Rohit Bhargava, the Naval Architect: by 35%
    Hydraulic Crane: by 30%

Altogether it is 65% reduction so you need 35% of the original amount of construction materials. Normally you need 60t of steel beams and 30t of steam motors. In your case it will be 35% of those so 21t of steel beams and 11t of steam motors.

The biggest problem here is that you probably lack steam motors to construct the ship - hence construction is locked.
    The other problem is the UI: shows permits instead of steel beams and the steam motors cost is hidden.

I hope this helps to tackle the issue.

• Archaedos
    Original poster 4 posts

@banan1996-1996 @Ubi-WheelyDuck

Turns out you were right. It was just a UI visual bug not listing the required items. As I was short of steam motors. I could post the order on the shipyard once all requirements were in stock.

Thanks for helping me!

• banan1996.1996
    110 posts

You're welcome! I'm glad you managed to start building new Great Easterns. I'm always happy to help 🙂

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2657 posts

Thanks both @Archaedos and @banan1996-1996 ! I can see from our system that this issue is something we're aware of and are looking into, and I've let our teams know that we've had an additional report and some insights on the issue. Thanks again!

Official Response

Suggested Topics