Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N3mB0t
    Original poster 295 posts

But tell me just why does it has to be reset?

this is a brilliant part of the game that is severely overlooked , more rewards and a persistent rank could do wonders for it ... and the game itself in return.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    299 posts

I have never understood why helping players you get penalized with a reset, kinda demoralising 😲

Gratz though.

• qapnugget
    61 posts

congrats!!!

• N3mB0t

Thanks guys , it was sure a tough ride , assisted roughly nearly 1k agents to get here , that is a lot of people.

had the usual dumb dumbs that get revived and kick you or disconnect , the ones that arent able to see or respond to a simple chat message and all the other less pleasant situations , but i also had a lot of thankful players who were more than happy to endorse me and whished they could do it more , teached a lot stuff , gave a lot of stuff , in general a very positive experience but one that carries no meaning other than my own sense of pride and achievement.

makes me sad UBISOFT and/or MASSIVE are too stubborn to realize that this Shepperding thing , which if you think about it is the total oposite of the the DZ rationale , is exactly what a game like this needs , people teaching and helping each other , not backstabbing and group raping each other forcing new players to get frustrated and uninstall the game.

i firmly believe a persistent rank and some minor rewards along the way would make a lot of people opt in to sheperd , even if out of boredom of having to run the same content again and again .

so i repeat , if a failed (IMO) concept that is the DZ where new (and old) players get frustrated , get ganked and backstabbed leading to quitting and overall player frustration has so many exclusive rewards , like exotics , gearsets, named items , commendations and so on , why cant this obviously beneficial mode to the game , where people get helped , learn and truly enjoy the game have some love too ? is it too much to ask to AT LEAST not reset the rank so people feel motivated to come back to it?

do you even have an idea of how hard this is to achieve? and that its the lack of some form of reward that drives people away from doing it? a simple persistent rank would be enough to suddenly have in game a ton of teachers to help all the new players , that cant surely be a negative thing.

think about it MASSIVE and UBISOFT ,you seem to be unable to recognize and give importance to what really matters , this wasnt easy to achieve , i dare saying it was harder than raiding , how many people have actualy reached 99 sheperd?

i did it like i said for myself , not for some prize or reward but also in the faint hope that someone over there DEVS /PUBLISHER would notice it and that could lead to some changes about it in the future because im not just asking for changes to something i dont know what im talking about and believe me when i say this is one of the many unexplored gold mines in this game.

now i will be off to cry in a corner because this will be only a lovely memory a couple of weeks from now after i get reset.

Respect to all the sheperds out there!

• Adrian-11
    686 posts

@n3mb0t

This is a very impressive feat. Congrats!
    And yes, that reset sucks, it pretty much a slap in the face. At least you got it on video.

Massive don't have the liberty to think, they are OWNED.
    As for Ubi... greedy ineptitude reigns supreme (not the dev, but the "leadership" club). This is the last time I'm saying something about them, even though I do expect that we will see new lows pretty soon.

• LateNiteDelight
    443 posts

I'd like to request the reward be an actual, all white outfit [none of that garbage grey "white tusk" bologna]. Whether that's a suit or some angel inspired thing or some tacticool whatever.. need a Wowfit!

Also, yes, rank should be like the Watch. Congrats! Maybe I'll finally get off my duff and start answering the call too

• N3mB0t

@latenitedelight

that would be cool , i personaly would prefer an actual sheperd outfit complete with a stick and helping dog to herd the sheeps!

• MacAlestyr
    2 posts

@n3mb0t How did you find so many people to play with.
    I'm having a challenging time using the "group finder"

• N3mB0t

@macalestyr
    it was made out of 99% answer the call via matchmaking.

• hralex1951
    56 posts

@n3mb0t Reached 62, hoping for 70+, I am inspired by that 99 to shoot for the stars. The game is more fun with a team.

• CorTeZ667
    13 posts

@n3mb0t did you get anything? I cherish my Unicorn trophy, but I wondered if theres another for making it to 99.

• N3mB0t

@cortez667 no , nothing to gain after 25

• Rodnaz
    69 posts

@hralex1951 and Everywhere UBI promotes the game by saying it is more fun with friends. You can not escape that glaring fact BUT its just another example of corporate greed. Yea bring in all your friends, teach them & others in need of help & we will do nothing in return. Shepherding is commendable but apparently UBI's stance is, its not noteworthy.
    Whatever, at least everyone knows what to expect. GL on 70 or beyond -

• CorTeZ667
    13 posts

@rodnaz I get what your saying, but as a Jew I 100% support there being no reward for getting to 99 (doing something for someone else for its own sake is a pretty big deal for us). Ironic that you view it as corporate greed, lol.

• Rodnaz
    69 posts

@cortez667 I certainly did not want to diminish you're accomplishment & I'm sure you know that. Its just that corporations tend to use people, why the greed comment. By the same token the roles could be reversed.

Suggested Topics