ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

I think there is a bug in the Goneril fight. I would evade and my "Brush with Death" would kick in. I would slide really far away. I couldn't counter-attack at all because of the distance. These battles are always super tedious and boring because they require so much passive dodging and evading, which really isn't much of a test of skill. But to lose my best opportunities to counter was extremely frustrating. I won the fight simply by being at a much higher level than I needed to be.

I think there is also a bug in general with the more elite bosses. Sometimes when I am trying to aim my bow, I start dashing. Maybe this is a skill kicking in that I don't understand, but it is very annoying. It doesn't seem to happen with normal enemies.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3679 posts

@virtualawesome Thanks for reporting this.

Are you able to provide some videos as examples?

Official Response
  • VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@ubi-keo No, sorry, I never think to grab a video. I'm trying to have fun. If I hit a bug like this, I am concentrating on how to get past it before I become too frustrated.

• caoskaotic
    20 posts

what is brush will death?

(this is my battle with Goneril)

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@caoskaotic

Dodging just before an attack lands grants you heightened senses, making others around you appear to move slower for a time.

It is a very useful skill for boss type battles. It seems almost a requirement for those bosses that you can’t attack directly because they either dodge or block everything.

• caoskaotic
    20 posts

@virtualawesome
    i killed Goneril with no skills ..!
    at each dodge (without using brush will death) you have time to give it at least one hit, and then escape with dodge, or parry ..! 
    watch the video!

when bosses are constantly dodging (in my experience) you need to wait .... intercept their attack, to counterattack

another thing I noticed (you can see in the video!)
    i pretend an attack, immediately repairing myself with a parade so as not to make it go to sign ..
    if you notice, Goneril always puts himself in a defensive position .. and after ALWAYS makes an attack .. ! 
    the only way to win a boss fight is to understand how the opponent moves .. am I wrong?

• VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@caoskaotic This issue is not that I am having trouble with the fight. I beat Goneril with no problem. The issue is that the bug makes the fight drag on a lot longer because I am being flung across the arena and have to run back to Goneril over and over. If you see my other post, in the The Corpse Feeders fight, I was flung completely out of the arena, and one of the wolves got stuck in an animation and I could not damage it. I had to restart the fight to reset it. I beat that fight easily too. I'm not even taking damage. These are just major bugs that need to be fixed.

• caoskaotic
    20 posts

@virtualawesome
    ok, I didn't had understand it 

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thanks for further explaining the situation, @virtualawesome - I completely understand not having taken a video! I'd still like to pass on your report about this, though. Have you noticed similar issues using Brush with Death with any other enemies, or just Goneril?

Thanks again for your help in reporting this! I hope you've been having a good time with the expansion besides these issues 😎

Official Response
  • VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@caoskaotic No worries.

@Ubi-Thrupney I have only seen that particular bug with Goneril. The issue with the Corpse Eaters makes me think there may be a root problem with dodging/knockback movement in the arena fights. It goes bonkers. The weird dodging issue with the bow occurs in arenas and other boss type fights like zealots. It makes targeting weakspots completely useless. It is intermittent. I can't figure out if it is something I'm doing, like accidentally hitting a button or stick, or if it is an actual bug.

I am being lazy about the videos. I never use screen captures or video. But if there is an easy way to do it, let me know and I will try to capture it.

• Ubi-Thrupney

@virtualawesome Thanks once more for elaborating on these issues. We don't really have any recommendations for any easy way to record gameplay footage on PC, sadly - but I appreciate the thought!

I've gone ahead and reported these to our teams now to be looked into internally. Let me know if you run into any further problems.

Official Response
  • VirtualAwesome
    Original poster 75 posts

@ubi-thrupney I'm play on a PS5, not PC.

• Ubi-Thrupney

@virtualawesome My apologies for the confusion - my bad! In that case, here's Sony's article describing how to take video on a PS5. If you do capture any videos showing these issues, we'll add them to the reports we've passed on. Thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics