ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Calactus
    Original poster 5 posts

I recently discovered after unlocking Specializations on my alt character that I'm only able to sped points on, unlock, and equip the concussion grenade for the Sharpshooter while I can only unlock but not equip the other grenades when I switch to that Specialization. The equip button is greyed out for the other grenades, rendering me unable to switch to them after changing specs. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't believe so, considering I've tried everything to switch to another grenade and only the concussion ever works.

Thanks,
    Calactus

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    795 posts

Each Specialization has one specific grenade tied to it which you only can use while having activated it's respective Specialization. The only grenade that you can use with every Specialization and without needing to unlock it is the default Concussion Grenade.

For example:
    While having activated the Sharpshooter Specialization you should be able to unlock and use the Flashbang as a "special" grenade. The only other grenade that you can use with the Sharpshooter is the default Concussion Grenade. You can not use other "special" grenades from other Specializations. When switching to the Survivalist, you can unlock and use the Incendiary Grenade as your "special" grenade. But again: no other "special" grenades can be equipped.

• Calactus
    Original poster 5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Calactus
    Original poster 5 posts

@noxious81 I realize that. For instance, I can't equip the Incendiary Grenade even though I'm specced as a Survivalist and I have the grenade unlocked, I can only use the default concussion grenade. The only Specialization it actually works as intended for is the Sharpshooter where I have the flashbang unlocked. I have all the other grenades unlocked for all the other Specializations and when I spec to them I can't equip their grenade, the Equip button is greyed out.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hi there @calactus . Would it be possible for you to grab a screenshot or two, or even a short video, of this issue you're experiencing with special grenades?

Official Response
  • Calactus
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubistorm Okay. To preface, the Specializations w/ signature weapons grenades now work for me for whatever reason, but first three on the list w/o Signature Weapons still don't seem to work (Unless I'm not doing something right.)

Video:

• Noxious81
    795 posts

Hey @calactus , sorry for not getting you right the first time. But good to know that the grenades now do work.

Also, thanks for attaching the video. With such footage it's much easier to give actually correct advice 😉

The solution here is:
    You can't yet "activate" the first three Specializations. For Firewall, Gunner, and Technician you will see that when selecting one of them in the overview (in the very beginning of your video) the option to "F Activate" them is grayed out. So you will have to unlock these Specializations first (by completing the respective Field Researchs) before you can then activate them and use the special grenade.

To further clarify this: after trying to activate the Gunner Specialization and equipping it's respective grenade, you can see at 1:46 that you still have the Crossbow equipped – which is the Specialization weapon of the Survivalist. Which also means, that the Survivalist is still your activated Specialization. And thus you cannot equip the Gunner's grenade. Because by pressing "G View Field Research" at 1:37 you open the aforementioned Field Research. And with then pressing "SPACE Start Field Research" you only start the little line of quest to in the end unlock the Gunner Specialization.

So your now activated tasks of Stage 1 (of 5) are as follows:

After having completed Stage 5 of this research you will be rewarded with the minigun and the Gunner Specialization.

• Calactus
    Original poster 5 posts

@noxious81 Okay, that makes much more sense now, thank you so much!

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2148 posts

Hello @Calactus,

Thank you for the update! I'm glad that the issue has been resolved for you:)

@Noxious81 - thank you very much for sharing the explanation!

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics