Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 335 posts

Perhaps this is a dumb Q but I have never, ever seen an MPX drop for me. I searched the topic and nothing comes up, which makes me think it should be part of the normal loot pool, but is there something I need to do before it's added?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    237 posts

@Sock_Monkey Its in loot pool and The Apartment is DZ

• Sock_Monkey

@imagine_brata Thanks. I do have an Apartment, but standard MPX has never dropped that I am aware of.

Maybe I'll farm some areas with SMG as increased-chance loot.

P.S. I also find it curious I don't have any blueprints for it - anywhere.

• LateNiteDelight
    540 posts

@sock_monkey Summit + SMG TL + Directives

Or just hit the SMG targeted loot mission/zone each day until it drops.

Unfortunately, you already thought about wanting something specific, so of course it will take 20+ hours for one to actually drop 😜

• Sock_Monkey

@latenitedelight

Unfortunately, you already thought about wanting something specific, so of course it will take 20+ hours for one to actually drop

So true...

• Dont...
    3 posts

you buy it with ubisoft coins, then it becomes part of the pool

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@sock_monkey

You can also try the Summit with SMGs as targeted loot.
    IMO, best is to farm missions with SMGs loot with some friends. Friends can share it with you, therefore multiplying the chances.

• HonestlyOK1986
    100 posts

@sock_monkey are you asking about the SIG MPX or MPX? because (whether this has changed or not since) they are different weapons. The SIG can be obtained in open world looting SMG areas. The MPX was a reward given through the ubi club back in the day at launch, i dont remember specifically which but it was either part of TD1 Shields rewards or just something you can grab through the normal TD2 rewards on the club rewards page for TD2. It's still in TD2 rewards page on Ubi Connect. I get the impression through the games developement the MPX has turned into the SIG MPX but i'll check out my crafting bench later an see if it's there or not. I seem to remember it was just a launch drop to help you out at the start like the 2 exotics were.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@honestlyok1986

Hmm, I think they are the one and the same.
    Yes, you could get the MPX reward on Connect, but it won't be level 40.

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

I *think* you just have to farm SMG's. They are solid guns, my 3rd favorite SMG in fact, but I do feel the drop rate for them is a little lower in my RNG experience.

In all honesty though, this highlights the problem with having 39 different types of SMG's (list below for proof) even with the targeted loot system.

1. Enhanced AUG A3P
    2. Tactical AUG A3P
    3. Tactical AUG A3P Replica
    4. CMMG Banshee
    5. The Grudge - CMMG Banshee
    6. Lady Death
    7. MP5 ST
    8. MP5 ST Replica
    9. MP5-N
    10. MP5A2
    11. MP7
    12. Swap Chain - MP7
    13. Backfire
    14. MPX
    15. Safety Distance - MPX
    16. The Apartment - MPX
    17. P90
    18. P90 Replica
    19. The Chatterbox
    20. Emeline's Guard - P90
    21. Enhanced PP-19
    22. Cold Relations - Enhanced PP-19
    23. PP-19
    24. Converted SMG-9
    25. Converted SMG-9 A2
    26. Converted SMG-9 Replica
    27. Black Market T821
    28. Black Market T821 Replica
    29. Police T821
    30. M1928
    31. Tommy Gun
    32. Police UMP-45
    33. Tactical UMP-45
    34. Tactical UMP-45 Replica
    35. Tactical Vector SBR 9mm
    36. Vector SBR .45 ACP
    37. Vector SBR .45 ACP Replica
    38. Dark Winter - Vector SBR .45 ACP
    39. Vector SBR 9mm
  • Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 You are correct. It turns out I never redeemed the SIG MPX reward Ubi gave us back in the day, but it was still on the rewards page and I "cashed it in."

Problem being of course it's blue, and being near 1800 SHD a blue gun is more worthless to me than an actual peashooter. 🙂

I deconstructed it hoping that would mkae a blueprint available to buy, but it didn't.

• Noxious81
    493 posts
    you buy it with ubisoft coins, then it becomes part of the pool

This is not true. The "Specialized MPX" you can buy from the Ubisoft Connect app is a blue SMG (level 3 or 4 I think) and a simple reward when starting the game. It has nothing to do with the loot pool.

I am afraid, @Sock_Monkey , you just got very unlucky until now. Because yes, the MPX is part of the general loot pool and it should drop for you. And although the "Replica" marked SMGs (in @TxDieselKid 's very comprehensive list) are the crafted ones and thus are not part of the loot pool, there are still a lot of different SMGs out there so it indeed might take a while to find a decent one. Especially as the MPX sadly is one of six SMGs that cannot be crafted.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@sock_monkey

Got an MPX last night without even trying... 🤷

Hey Sock, if it works for you (around 21:30 EST), let's farm the SMG mission this evening. I think it's Viewpoint or Air & Space.

• Dont...
    3 posts

@noxious81

ahhh, it was just me then, i was unlucky too, it only started dropping when i bought it (so i thought). optimized mine when optimization was expensive.

• Sock_Monkey

@adrian-11 Thanks for the offer, but been a crazy-busy week for me, and I am leaving for NYC tomorrow as well. As a result I've had no time to really play, though through several long meetings logged on just to twiddle with inventory or load-outs (that's when I usually mark myself as "do not disturb" since I am not really playing).

So far as I can see the weekend of the 21st is clear for me - at least the late evenings are. I'll see if I can rally a few players then...

• Sock_Monkey

Just curious what the consensus is on the Police T821? A god-rolled one dropped for me, so I just rolled Sadist onto it to use with my Ridgeway DZ build and it freakin' slays NPCs. Sometimes I can take out 5 (mix of red, purple and yellow) on a single clip. My stats with it are 59% CHC and 148% CHD.

Only downside I see is very low RPM, but in return it has a fast reload speed.

• qapnugget
    62 posts

@sock_monkey

This game has a very flat balance with weapons. If you were comparing same class weapons i.e. SMG vs another SMG.

Low ROF

• Higher base damage
    • Higher sustained damage
    • Each round hits harder therefore conserves more ammo overall.
    • You have to peek out for longer as you need more exposure due to extended period to empty out magazine.

High ROF

• Lower base damage
    • Higher burst damage,
    • Each round hits less hard and more ammo is used
    • Better for quick peeking to dump out whole magazine faster and back into cover sooner

So its about style of play. Full 6 Reds want high ROF as they do enough damage to hit hard enough and peek less as they're squishy.

A full 6 armor core tank player is going to need a low ROF weapon with higher base damage to compensate base damage loss of not rolling any weapon red cores. But still need at least 3 reloads to finish an elite. But with a high ROF, lower base damage going to need more reloads on top and lots of ammo wasted. They don't mind being exposed as they can take the hits.

Or something in between.

So yea if you're going to use T821. It means you're going to need decent armor and be close range.

• Sock_Monkey

@qapnugget My Ridgeway build is 1.5M armor. Not great, but decent.

• Imagine_Brata
    237 posts

@sock_monkey they sell this mpx at the seller in Haven settlement in NY this week

• Sock_Monkey

@imagine_brata Thanks, I picked one up!

Not rolled as ideally as I'd like, but now that I have one in my inventory it'll probably start dropping for me. 🙂

Suggested Topics