Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• whyihaveto
    Original poster 4 posts

I would really like to know, why the re**rded system puts me in team where I have some good players that understand the GP and then next match I end up against them everytime like [censored]..?! What is even the reason to keep changing teams in Dominion matches when the game is balanced in the first place?!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• undondory
    447 posts

@whyihaveto
    The whole point of that oh so helpful little mechanic prevents it form getting boring, if you beet them before you can do it again and again.
    story shows that you had good players but what about the other side were they all fresh in the game? elite main players? either way it's simple if that be the case
    the game looked at the score board and said to it's self "hmmm I think this player would be better placed here so they can even out that team bring it down a few notches/ up a few notches."

That's my experience with it anyway I didn't like it so I break it up with some p v AI so I don't think the game's trolling me. and if your winning quite a bit you might have bot level 3 opponents which are so much more satisfying to win against especially in breach but it's cool in Dominion as well.

• PicoAncus
    810 posts

@undondory
    Dominion and Breach are team games whose victory depends on several factors besides the direct confrontation between players.

Even if you don't switch teams, it's not clear that the same team wins against the same opponents over and over again.
     And when there are friends playing, if there are 4, your team never changes.

Another very important factor in any war is communication. Having communication between teamates, there is already a greater ease of team coordination.
     And remember not to quickly catalog other teammates with labels of good or bad players. We all have good games and others that don't always go well.

The most important thing in Dominion and Breach are the primary objectives which are zones and the Ram. Clashes between players become necessary only to secure the primary objectives. Therefore, it is necessary to distinguish whether certain fights are valid or pointless in certain locations, and whether this fight makes up for lost time. In these game mods, Takedowns and Deaths are irrelevant if the primary objectives are not assured.

Against AI (bots) even if they are level 3, there is a pattern. And once you get used to the standard of Bots, you win very easily without even having a single Death in a Dominion Match.
    I usually play a lot against AI to do the Daily Missions, and to warm up.

But the PvP game is always the crown jewel. The rate of unpredictability, adrenaline and gratification of being able to win humans is unparalleled.
     Therefore, I suggest that to solve the Matchmaking problem, try to get friends as teammates and invest in team coordination instead of demotivating.

Hope I helped.

• undondory
    447 posts

@picoancus
    fair enough I didn't realize that the bot had that much of an easy pattern to see I don't really think about which bot does which thing since I don't usually get the same bot twice in a row so that's probably why I haven't caught on to it's pattern so quickly.
    last statement is kind of hard to do since eventually you'll run into the childish person who destroys it all.

Nothing else I can say to argue against it everything you said is correct (look look I'm admitting it when I'm wrong in public!!)

• PicoAncus
    810 posts

@undondory
    Buddy, this isn't about being right or wrong.
    It has to do with the fact that you don't get discouraged and realize that sometimes the coordination between teammates is what dictates the result. And not the best "duelists" playing.

Duels are duels.

Dominion and Breach have different goals, and every fight has to be evaluated and compensated.
    It's not worth wasting time in a fight, even if you win it won't bring anything beneficial
    the team.

Admitting that one is wrong is a sign of maturity, not shame.
     If you need help, you can always count on me. I'm on PS4.

• undondory
    447 posts

@picoancus that was a joke i know there isn't anything to do with it XD
    im pc anyway or I would

• PicoAncus
    810 posts

@undondory
    But to reassure you, I can tell you that yesterday I played some dominions... at first I had friends like Teamates, then later I played with random Teamates.

I won some, I lost others... I didn't see a big difference in the final results. Obviously when there is Audio coordination, everything becomes simpler.

But things are not easy. There are a lot of players using Option Select, and that hinders the direct confrontations a lot... The factors cease to exist: Reaction, Risk and reward... and everything becomes a matter of Zone OS and just press two buttons to guarantee a good defense and a counter attack later...

There are many Kyoshins, Zhanhus that motivate a lot of fast play... And then you have Shugokis, BP, Conqueror always using the Zone OS... It gets frustrating.

So this is difficult for everyone.

• undondory
    447 posts

@picoancus I appreciate the reassurance
    I understand the whole friend random thing I literally JUST did one.

• whyihaveto
    Original poster 4 posts

@picoancus thank you for the response, it was quite helpful' 🙂 at least I know someone's else opinion on this issue, gl hf!

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

The matchmaking is pure garbage and only gets worse as your reps go up.

Ever since I surpassed 1000 reps I have to cut link 8-9 games out of 10 where i've never had to do this before. My teammates either don't play, won't play, refuse to assist, refuse to grab zones or just stand at spawn and cut link at the 2 minute mark. Not to mention that it's almost impossible for me to get revenge at my rep, I'll touch a guy once and he will go 90% revenge meter, 3 guys can wail on me for 20 seconds and my revenge meter will still sit at 90%.

If the team IS playing they will go 1a 1b 1c (I'm a Dominion player), they won't group, die all over the place (0-5, 0-8) and get the team ganked at every zone which looks like they are purposely trying to lose in as little time possible.

The game has potential that it will never tap into.

• undondory
    447 posts

@nydardoloth I think you might be over exaggerating a little bit. I've had bad teammates before and even though they got killed for silly reasons I appreciate it that they tried and I usually try to help the person even if they didn't ping for help so try that next time they might fair better.

also could you tell me what sort of rep you teammates because some people transfer from pc to Xbox/ps4 or vise versa it's quite possible they're adjusting to the new platform.

• deathtocakl
    804 posts

Matchmaking is not based on reps. I've seen many many high rep, garbage players. And plenty of low rep gods.

• undondory
    447 posts

@deathtocakl whoops I forgot about that, don't know why though considering that's basic knowledge. but I hope the message is still there and at least a little clear.

• PicoAncus
    810 posts

@deathtocakl
    High Rep just mean gaming Time and experience.
    But i though my Rep was high...until that user sad, his is more than 1000. 😄

• whyihaveto
    Original poster 4 posts

@undondory one thing is to be overreacting about lets say 'noob teammates' - of course I have some patience about new players and such. But the thing is that I get in team with players who absolutely ignore my advices about defending objectives, keeping together while breaking etc. that's why I am so mad xD

• whyihaveto
    Original poster 4 posts

@nydardoloth extactly the problem I am having all the time, good to know there is someone to relate 😄

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

@undondory im not exaggerating in the least...

I'm constantly grouped with people under 100 reps where two of them are usually between 0-30. I'd happily wait 10 minute load times for a lobby of 300+, instead the game tosses me into the first opening it can find.

The new hero didn't help where it brought back a bunch of randoms looking for some OP advantage, the 'refer a friend' promotion also brings in pure crap. Maybe next month will be better lol

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

this is what I'm talking about, 24-23-19. I got out of spawn once and we were already down 900 pts, I cut link, complete waste of time

• undondory
    447 posts

@nydardoloth I can't really say anything I'm not sure how or who they play

• Nydardoloth
    246 posts

@undondory bad... They played bad lol. If I would have stayed it would have been a record breaking Dominion time for quickest demolition
    Oh, and the other team of course was all in the 100-200 rep range, that's how the game tries to balance me I guess.

Suggested Topics