ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tyler1904
    1 posts

Hi, unfortunately Update 1.3.1 didn’t fix the issue for me. 😞
    After killing the Little Mother (by event or standard assassination, doesn’t matter) and leaving the cave, the Queen just stands there doing nothing. She doesn’t follow, mount my horse,…
    Fast travel to Lusieux does not help either and I think I tried all workarounds mentioned in this thread….
    Once I leave Aquila she disappears (she does not go back in the cave) and the Quest marker starts bugging. Odins view will not show the Queen anywhere anymore.
    I posted this on Twitter as well with 2 videos, if you wanna take a look:

Queens behavior after leaving the cave:

Quest marker bugging after leaving Aquila:

I hope anybody will come up with a solution, otherwise the game ends for me here (first major bug in a AC game ever and it just kills it 😞 ) - I had put all my hopes on the new update that this would fix it… 😪
    Thanks for any help….

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Hey there @tyler1904 ,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

As noted by Ubi-Borealis, the team have announced that the fix is planned for release in 1.3.2 so should be addressed in the next update.

Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • AntFer21
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I had the same issue. Richardis returning to cave and getting stuck. On my way to try the work around mentioned above, I grabbed some runes from the shop keep near the closest rebel ally, before starting the rebel missions I noticed Richardis had already moved. I'm not sure what triggered this, either traveling that distance or purchasing items. Maybe try buying items from the shop and then if she's still stuck then do the rebel missions. Hope this helps.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts

Hello there @AntFer21! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with "The Queen's Gambit," and how you were able to resolve this issue. We're aware that travelling towards Lisieux can cause Richardis to teleport to her destination, so it's possible leaving the area caused her to move. Thanks for sharing that you purchased some runes, though! Some other players have noted that interacting with the Rebel Missions NPCs can also trigger her to move. I'm glad to hear that these workarounds helped you to progress further!

If you encounter any further trouble, please don't hesitate to reach out! 😊

Official Response
  • michaeldaz
    1 posts

@crotty101
    Not a million percent cuz it didn't work for me

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts

Hello there @michaeldaz! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to progress in "The Queen's Gambit." The development team have been investigating this issue further, and have shared that they will be deploying a fix in in TU 1.3.2. The targeted release period of this update is Fall 2021, and once we have a definite ETA we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • youngunpike
    3 posts

I have the same issue where she disappears underground
    however my player is stuck at the entrance of the cave unable to move menu nothing no controls work.
    tried all restore license redownlod game nothing works
    only way I can continue playing is if I delete the siege of Paris add on and force my player to spawn in England.
    so I am only able to play Ireland add on until this is fixed

• Magic14Sidi
    1 posts

Hello, I bought the siege of Paris dlc when it released in mid August and the quest ‘The Queens Gambit’ is still bugged for me. One I completed the prior mission to free the queen, she runs back into the dungeon she was just held captive in and runs under the stairs and hasn’t moved since mid August. This is of course hindering my completion of what was an enjoyable dlc up until that point. She’s meant to travel with me to a town called Liseux? But she just repeats the same dialogue and never comes out from under the stairs. Any help would be appreciated 

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@youngunpike - Welcome to Discussions! I am sorry to hear that you have also been impacted by the bug with Richardis appearing underground in "The Queen's Gambit". As has been communicated by my colleagues previously, a fix for this issue is scheduled for a future update, so please do keep an eye out here in the megathread as well as in the News & Announcements section for confirmation of when the fix goes live! I'd also recommend attempting some of the previously posted workarounds in the meantime, to see if they help you. 🙂

@Magic14Sidi - Welcome to Discussions as well! Thank you for sharing your experience of this issue with "The Queen's Gambit" here in the thread, and I am sorry to hear that your gameplay experience has also been impacted by this. Have you already tried the previously posted workarounds, such as to complete several rebel missions or to travel Liseux directly, to see whether she "teleports" there? Again, as previously shared, a fix for this issue is pending and will be released in a future update, and we'll keep everyone updated here in this thread as to when that becomes available.

I apologise for the inconvenience posed by these issues to you both in the meantime! 🙂

Official Response
  • iamkyri
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer hi there! I’ve also had problems with the queens gambit mission. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting in this thread and nothing has worked. I even went back to Ravensthorpe and completed of all the river raids missions. Old mate Richardis is still stuck inside cave, inside the staircase. The last time I went to check up on her inside the cave, she and Eivor had their dialogue moment while still inside the staircase.

• Ubi-San
    Ubisoft Support Staff 11 posts

Hello @iamkyri.

Welcome to Discussions. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue with Richardis being stuck in the staircase.
    Our team is aware and it should be resolved in a future update. You can find the details at this link, under issues planned to be addressed with future updates.
    Please keep an eye on this thread to get updates.

Official Response
  • iamkyri
    3 posts

@ubi-san thanks for the reply! Looking forward to the update so I can progress

• Ubi-San
    Ubisoft Support Staff 11 posts

Heyo @iamkyri.

No problem! Let us know if you have any other concerns. 🙂

Official Response
  • youngunpike
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer
    thank you for responding, will this patch potentially fix my issue seems like no one else is having it
    i physically can not move my camera or player or do anything screen remains frozen in place in front of cave upon clicking continue from main menu.
    i can only play by deleting Paris add on and going back to England by forcing it

• iamkyri
    3 posts

@ubi-san something strange happened today. I was in the field west of Evreux where I found a group of firefly rebels being attacked by Loyalists. After killing them and running away the Loyalists respawned and attacked the rebels again. This continued for as long as I stayed in the area. Constantly respawning and attacking. I’m happy to post a video link for this.
    After this happened, I decided for [censored] and gigs I would equip the bear Mount instead of the horse and ride around on Baloo from Lisieux to check up on old mate Richardis again. When I got there she was no longer stuck in the staircase but had appeared in the cave and started walking to the exit, climbed the cliff behind and went for a quiet stroll in Aquila. Currently she’s very slowly enroute to Lisieux as she refused to ride on Baloo the Bear. Pray that she makes it there and I can finally progress in the Siege of Paris DLC

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2146 posts

Hello @youngunpike,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

This sounds like a separate issue that hasn't been reported yet, as we haven't received similar reports, I'm afraid. To be honest, it sounds like file corruption - can you please perform all of the steps listed in this article?

If you're still experiencing this after performing the steps from above, can I kindly ask you to open a separate thread for this issue including a short video? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • driftbunnynico
    3 posts

So I just assasinated little Mother and now I'm supposed to follow Richiardis to Lisieux. But she won't move. I read that many other players had this problem in the beginning of august, but now 6 weeks later I have the same problem. No fix in 6 weeks?

• driftbunnynico
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry I have the same problem

• driftbunnynico
    3 posts

@ubi-san my Richardis isnt stuck in the staicase, she is stuck 189metres underground, and when I'm looking ln the world map, If I move the cursor "she" (or the tracked mission logo) moses arpund with the cursor. Had the same thing happen with bugs from the Christmas missions

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2146 posts

Hello @driftbunnynico,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed. As we previously mentioned in this thread, this issue will be resolved with a future update 🙂 Once the resolution is deployed, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Than k you for your patience and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics