ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DarthPhoenix501
    Original poster 1 posts

So, as I was finishing the last mystery in Vinland where you go hunting with some other characters, at some point the main character for the quest died by another animal but I managed to follow the other guys to the big cat you defeat at the end. Now back at the camp the main guy spawns dead, and the quest doesn’t count as complete but the dead body of the animal you hunt is there, and can’t restart the quest or do anything with the dead guy.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @DarthPhoenix501

Thank you for reaching out to us with this!

This issue has already been reported to the team, but they're still looking into it at the moment.

I've passed your details onto them as part of this so please watch this space for any news or if there's any more information we need.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there @DarthPhoenix501!

The development team have been taking a closer look at your report, and would like some more information from you to help with reproducing the issue.

Do you remember what animal killed the NPC? Did this happen during the quest, or was the NPC dead prior to taking part in the quest? Can you please provide us with as much information about your experience with this quest, "Breaking Teeth, Not Hearts," as possible?

If possible, are you able to load an earlier save to see if it will allow you to progress as the quest with the NPC alive?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • pejotpe
    1 posts

@darthphoenix501 I had similar issue in Breaking teeth, not hearts:

• I started the mystery
    • in the way to the quest animal both hunters were attacked by pack of wolves and were killed, the animal has not shown up
    • after I returned to the camp, both hunters bodies were lying on the ground,
    • I could not continue/restart the last quest.
  • Milrren
    1 posts

Hi, same problem here.
    I reach the bears site and they end up killing the hunter on the bush. Then I can't finish the misterie, there is a solution yet?

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 95 posts

Hi @pejotpe and @Milrren and welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue in 'Breaking Teeth, Not Hearts' mystery and thank you for describing this issue. Our team is still investigating the problem.

In the meantime, could you please record a short video showing this issue and share a link with us? It will greatly help us with the investigation! Please also make sure that your current save files are uploaded to the cloud 😊

Official Response
  • KoenBats
    1 posts

@ubi-auron Last night I had the same issue. I went along with the hunters to a place where they found a dead deer. Sent out my raven to scout for the predator but when I returned to Eivor, the hunters were gone.
    Since I didn't know what to do I went back to the blue mystery mark in Nyhofn but that was pointless.
    I restarted the game and went back to the deer. This time there was one hunter kneeling next to it. When using the Odin view I noticed one hunter (small blue dot above his head), running away (not sure if it was the same one that kneeled next to the deer). Followed him and found and killed the wild animal (a puma).
    I think this scene is very confusing when you loose track of the hunters. So maybe the player should be told to follow the hunters, e.g. when returning to the blue mystery mark in Nyhofn the woman in the hunter camp could do that. Just an idea.
    NSo I think that many people just don't know what to do after the dead deer is found, it is very confusing. Maybe one should be noticed that Eivor has to follow the hunters, e.g. when he/she returns to the

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3655 posts

Hi @koenbats I'm sorry to hear that you also encountered issues with the mystery in Vinland, but I am pleased that you were able to finish it in the end.

Thank you for your feedback, I will forward it on to the development team.

Official Response

Suggested Topics