Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nowayy
    Original poster 5 posts

The title says it all. I understand why they implemented the rats, but at some times they are more nuissance than anything else.
    Maybe they should have been used more sparsely? Or maybe their damage just needs a re-check (they are killing fast!)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• caoskaotic
    20 posts

if you stand still without reacting, they don't kill you faster than any enemy ..! XD
    Also if you notice, there is almost always an alternative route to be able to avoid them 

• Kormac67
    821 posts

@nowayy I agree they are super annoying.
    There is a rat infested spot where you are supposed to shoot an arrow through a window to break an obstacle. I died twice there. Only ever died due to rats in DLC so far.
    Driving them away with weapon swings sometimes doesn't work at all, that's the main problem.

• caoskaotic
    20 posts

@kormac67
    suggestion:
    you can use the arrows to move away the rats, and travel the desired area ...! 

or...
    escape by climbing the walls ..! XD but it's not a very Viking move ...!

• Jakeypoo12345
    27 posts

@nowayy y werent they in london?

• Rift74
    2 posts

@nowayy they really don't bring anything to the game imo, the rat arrow is interesting but outside of that its just pure annoyance, at least let us burn them, something. The mounted units are just as annoying, your special abilities are useless against them and do minor to no damage, you can't even pull or knock them off the horse yet 1 arrow sends you flying half way across the zone. Two mechanics that did nothing but make me shake my head. I won't even get into the crashes, I have had more crashes in the past 2 days then the past year of playing Valhalla, about 180 hrs into this game and I have to quit because of crashes.

Paris DLC - 1.5/2 out of 5 stars for me.

• TheNorfolkian
    608 posts

@nowayy The funny thing is... rats in England and Ireland are also invincible, but they don’t have the taste for blood like those Frankish rats. I honestly don’t remember the last time I lost so much health so quickly.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@rift74 Couldn't agree more with all you said. 👏
    Annoying,boring. And the fact that we got to use the rat ability to get 250 XP annoys me even more. The ability isn't fun to use in my opinion. And I never use ability anyway.

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

And I thought I could use flaming spear to kill them. Guess not. These rats are invincible.

• Kormac67
    821 posts

@garbo3 Just go to the snake spot like with every other "kill 100 with useless weapon type you never use" challenge.

• AlePlay
    522 posts

Annoying,boring......
    I think they were created for exactly this purpose so ..
    basically you are complimenting the developers ... ...! XD

I'm sure, if inside a video game, you feel anxiety, fear, terror of an enemy it means that the job has been done well

I personally had no problems with mice, either they are driven away, or they are avoided

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kormac67 It works in England too?? I am an idiot,been using it in Francia so is ruining my experience. I still got 30 left. Thanks for the heads up,you just saved me!!

• libehv
    1 posts

@kormac67 just throw a body next to rats and you'll be occupying them and can walk freely on that area!

• Garbo3
    778 posts

I forgot to mention they killed my horse. So make sure your horse is nowhere nearby when you use this ability.

• TheNorfolkian
    608 posts

@garbo3 I’ve discovered that the rats from the plague of rats archery ability will not harm your rebel allies when on a rebel mission.

• Freestepper
    127 posts

Yes, like many other thing in this game.

Suggested Topics