Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

So recently I've updated both game and nvidia drivers, but I believe that the issue has started happening just after updating the nvidia drivers (471.68) and I can't play more than five minutes without crashing. I've send reports for all of those. Does anyone having the same issue? Should I downgrade the driver? How do I do that?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Coach811981
    34 posts

@lnhzz

i got two crashes back to back - strange that i managed to play for an hour before both happened.

Event viewer points to nvlddmkm display error.

Could be updated nvidia drivers - wouldnt be surprised in the least.

• Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@coach811981 yeah, I've seen issues before with nvidia drivers, but I don't know the best way to downgrade it ><

• Coach811981
    34 posts

@lnhzz

you can use a utility called Display Driver Uninstaller to do a clean uninstall of your current GPU drivers if you're comfortable

Do this in safe-mode, restart and then install the previous version that were stable.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there @Lnhzz!

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering crashes after updating your Nvidia drivers. Thanks @Coach811981 for sharing some tips! You can use this support article to help you perform a clean installation of your Nvidia drivers.

If the issue still persists after rolling back your Nvidia drivers, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look. You can open a ticket in the following ways:

When opening a ticket, please include a copy of your DxDiag and your MSinfo, as these will be required for further investigation. Additionally, make sure you include any troubleshooting steps you have tried (such as rolling back your GPU drivers), as this will be helpful as the team takes a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you that's helpful, I'm just having a hard time to figure out which driver I had before... Since I always do updates, I believe it might be 471.41? I'm not sure about that...

• Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-borealis Well, I did tried 456.xx and 471.41... but I'm still getting crashes with AC Valhalla only (I also play Odyssey and other games and it's okay).
    With 456.xx the game took too long to launch, which is not normal for my specs and I have wrongly installed this one.
    Than I went with 471.41, which is the previous driver, however I instantly got a crash again. So it might not be due to the driver but with the last update (siege)?
    PS: I have just upgraded again to 471.68

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1575 posts

Hello @lnhzz,

Thank you for the update! In this case, can you please create a support ticket with your diagnostic files, so our team can investigate? You can find the instructions in our previous post above 🙂

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-mark after updating back to 471.68 I have managed to play for long hours without crashes, however I notice that everytime I enter the game and load a save, my game starts with the character being drunk and the screen goes with the drunk effect. Why is that? Should I issue a ticket for this or is it a known bug?

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

Ok folks the most stable Nvidia Game Ready driver for this game is 457.51 released in Dec 2020. I too was having problems with newer drivers and since running 457.51 little problems. Been playing Siege of Paris for the past three days and not one game crash. Windows 10 64 Bit GeForce 1070 video card. Hope this helps.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 595 posts

@lnhzz This does seem rather strange. Can you provide a video showing this happening please?

@ChuckKatse Thank you for sharing this information! It is greatly appreciated.

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-viral Here it is: https://streamable.com/5f2p38

You see that the character actes like he's drunk and this wave effect on screen. It happens everytime I load my save.

After a while it goes back to normal state: https://streamable.com/bzvz7r

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 356 posts

@lnhzz Thank you so much for the video. What type of save load are you seeing this drunk effect happen? Are you using the automatic save? Can you try manual save and see if it still occurs? Thanks!

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubikoreanbbq usually I only use Manual Save, and it happens to both. 😕

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 413 posts

Hey @lnhzz,

Thank you for your update.

Can I just check whether the issue returns again once it disappears or is it only upon loading?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck only upon loading, i'm getting sick of this. I'm trying a file check right now because I did the last update of nvidia and again the crashes are back. Hopefully it helps and at least fix the drunk status.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hello lnhzz, thank you for your reply.

The drunken effect also happened to me, only after my game loaded back up after a crash. I too am using the 471.68 Nvidia driver, for me, the crash happened as I was standing still on the dock, after customizing my longship and admiring it.

Meditating using the hot wheel should make the drunken effect go away.

Once you have tried this, if you become sober, can you save the game, then reload to see if the drunken effect reappears?

In regards to the crashes, Nvidia has released another update today, do you have access to the 471.96 driver update you can install?

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-milky Yeah, I tried 471.96, but there's no way to me going back to this version. I was playing and it brought all the crashes back, and just after a little play time I had a black line on my monitor, which is brand new. So I had got 471.68 back since it was magicaly working (sometimes I did had crash with this version, but it became a rare occasion). Right now the blackline is gone, idk if it's the monitor or the driver or the game, but I'm ready to contact LG support to work it. But since the line disappeared, I must believe it's due to the game or the driver and I don't know which know cause both suck.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 477 posts

@lnhzz Thanks for confirming all of this.

Glad to hear that the crashes have become less common, however if you happen to notice any patterns in the crashing going forward please let us know.

Were you able to check if Eivor was still spawning in a drunken state when loading?
    Thanks!

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 15 posts

@Ubi-Nacho After today's update I tried what @Ubi-Milky said, but it didn't worked. I also created another save and tried to load this one, but the Drunken State still happens.
    I can't go to 471.96 (currently using 471.68) since it brought back the crashes and a blackline on my monitor that is brand new (I'm starting to believe that Valhalla and Nvidia aren't a good combination)...
    PS: Why every update has to be 26GB?!
    I'll now play for a few minutes to see if any crash happens...

Suggested Topics