ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1502 posts

@lnhzz Hey.
    Thanks for getting back to us will this information.

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to get AC Valhalla to work as intended. We'll forward your report to the team.

Are you able to make sure your most recent save game is available on the cloud please?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • RaXXha
    3 posts

I'm currently running nVidia driver version 471.11 and a GTX 1070 and i'm having the exact same issue. Loading any save the game (v. 1.3.1) will crash within a minute or so. I also have the drunk effect described.

The drunk effect i've seen for over week or more, it wasn't really a problem since it goes away after a few seconds. But the frequent crashes are new since the latest update to the game. I'm currently verifying game files to check if that helps.

• Lnhzz
    Original poster 21 posts

@raxxha Don't bother verifying game files, I tried this a bunch of time and I'm still getting crashes. Sometimes it rarely happens (as for yesterday as I said I would test) and sometimes it take less than a minute. So I'll keep my drivers up to date because this is clearly ubisoft's fault as we can see around the forum with so many bug reports.

@Ubi-Nacho Yeah, it's also available on cloud, but doesn't matter which save I load it's all the same. Also, yesterday I've played for quite some time and had no crashes, but today I can barely load a save.

• RaXXha
    3 posts

@lnhzz Another problem i started experiencing yesterday after 1.3.1 was installed is cloud saves being unable to sync, are you having this issue too? 🤔

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5779 posts

Hello there!

@RaXXha - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes in-game. We are aware of issues with Ubisoft Connect following the release of TU 1.3.1 which caused crashing in-game., which also prevented cloud saves from being synced. This issue should now be resolved. Can you let us know if you're still experiencing frequent crashes when launching the game?

If you're still experiencing crashes, have you tried changing your version of Nvidia drivers to see if this helps to resolve the crashing? @Lnhzz has commented on how using 471.68 has helped with the crashing issues they were encountering.

The development team are currently investigating what could be causing players to load into the game drunk. I've now passed on your report to the team for use in the ongoing investigation.

@Lnhzz - I'm sorry to hear that you were also experiencing frequent crashes following the release of TU 1.3.1. Can you let us know if these are still persisting, or if they have improved since the fix was released?

I have also shared your report about spawning into the world drunk to the development team for use in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RaXXha
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis The issue with crashing appears to be solved!

I'm till experiencing thre "drunk effect" when loading my saves, really strange. The character isn't super drunk, walks normally etc, it's just the visual effect of the screen starting to go a bit wavy for about 30 seconds after starting the game.

I have updated to the latest nvidia driver but that issue persists. 🤔

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5779 posts

Thanks for the update, @RaXXha! I'm glad to hear that you aren't encountering any further crashes 😄

To my knowledge, the "drunk" effect isn't necessarily linked to your Nvidia drivers, as we have had reports of this issue on multiple platforms (including consoles without Nvidia drivers). The development team are investigating reports of this issue further. We don't yet have any new information to share from the team regarding the investigation into this issue. I'd recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates about this.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Lnhzz
    Original poster 21 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Mark @Ubi-Viral @UbiKoreanBBQ @Ubi-WheelyDuck @Ubi-Milky @Ubi-Nacho 

SO... How many months we're going to have to wait for a real fix? I can't load a save without the drunk effect, which is not a problem at all, since I also HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY FOR THE PAST MONTHS WITHOUT CRASH AFTER 5MIN OR LESS OF GAMEPLAY.
    Seven, I said SEVEN, members of the so called Support Staff passed by and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

AGAIN, where do I get a refund?! Because if I can't play, I have nothing else to do here besides downloading 20GB every 15 days. So what's gonna be? Am I gonna have to file a case?!

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 623 posts

@lnhzz hello once again and I am sorry to hear you have such a frustrating experience and would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

As mentioned previously, this is an issue currently under investigation by the development team and we'll keep this megathread updated with any news we receive with regard to their investigation. Thank you for your understanding while the team continue to look into this!

With regard to your mention of a refund or discount, we consider each request on a case-by-case basis in reference to our digital refund policy. You are welcome to  reach out to us privately to discuss this however I cannot guarantee that a refund would be possible.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Official Response

Suggested Topics