Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jakl201
    Original poster 26 posts

One of the early choice 'consequences' is supposed to be Zealots actively hunting you down, or at least trying to make your life...Not...Good. Pop ups suggest it, dialogue states it...But in truth? They don't even react to you. At all. The *only* thing that seems to get them annoyed is if a monastery is on their route and you happen to be raiding the place. Otherwise you can just walk next to them, even point a bow at their face, and they will not aggro. I was really excited for this system, which seemed prepped like how mercenaries would hunt you down in Odyssey, but in fact...They do not.

In this video I've let the 'timer' run out on the quest to 'retrieve' the letter, failing it. And so they should now be hunting me. But as you will see...They...Do not. Which when this is one of the rare choices throughout the game where it would actually have consequences, is quite annoying.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1265 posts

Hey @jakl201 - thank you for reporting this issue to us with regard to Zealots not hunting you down as expected. I can see from your video that you neglected to burn the scroll, so they should hunt you, but the Zealot you approached did not respond to this change.

Can you provide another clip showing another Zealot being similarly unresponsive in a different play session? You've also advised that they may be more reactive if raiding a monastery; is this reproducible each time if they are nearby, or is this a behaviour you noticed in a singular instance?

Thank you in advance for your help! 🙂

Official Response
  • jakl201
    Original poster 26 posts

@ubi-woofer Sure, I can make another video. None of them have ever acted more aggressively towards me. And as for the instance of them acting more aggressive, I think they just have the same behavior of regular 'soldiers' who roam the roads in patrols, will join in if you are attacking. I have had Zealots attack if I'm being actively aggressive on the roads. And guards who see me fighting a Zealot will also react the same way and join in. But they certainly aren't...Hunting Eivor down. If you leave them alone, they leave you alone. Which...Is a far cry from how Bounties worked in Odyssey. And really not how one would react if they have a bounty on me. Consequently I can always get that free shot in. Unless I'm feeling generous, then I shoot their horse to make them...Fight me.

Heck, you can even see here he waves his hand as if to say 'get out of the way'. Definitely...Not hunting me down. And I've only raided one monastery where a Zealot had their 'route' through it so I haven't gotten that 'Oh crap!' in the middle of a raid again. Which is a shame, because that was a nice bit of randomness I approve of.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Thanks for sharing another video with us, @jakl201, and for including some more information about your experiences with zealot encounters. They're definitely not doing their best to hunt you down here at all.

I've shared your report with the development team so they can take a closer look at this. If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for any future updates within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics