ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dreken4
    Original poster 3 posts

Could you please tone down bounties on solo play, I get like 5-6 elites with numerous purples and reds with them, like [censored] , I can understand 1-2 elites with all their subs, but since you updated, it is insane you got drones coming every 10 seconds and explosives that ensnare every 10 seconds, great for coop play but solo, give me a break for crying out loud, I get 1/2 bounties when cleaners and 1/4 on the others.EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RichardOshea
    167 posts

I've been doing a lot of bounties over the last week and a bit due to the Manhunt and Spec tree unlocking and I can't say that I've noticed any change at all. Same composition, attitude, number of groups to hit etc etc about the same as it has been for ages. You may just have had a bad session.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

I’ve been doing a bunch of bounties this last week or so to get specialization points and all of the enemies seemed appropriate for the bounties rated difficulty. Maybe you’ve hit some Heroic level bounties without realizing it?

• tcarlisle2012
    204 posts

@dreken4 Yep, sounds like a heroic bounty -- and possibly one that spawned in the open world on top of other events. Most players in this forum want more of that, not less.

OK, let's start from the beginning. You know you can shoot the drones, right? That blows up drone and drone lady. No more drone bombs coming your way every 10 seconds.

Air burst bomber guy is always a high priority. Not usually a good idea to just ignore that one.

When you do have a bomber on the field that you cannot immediately deal with, it becomes ABM..... always be moving. Its not a time to try to camp.

Then there is situational awareness, with key audio and visual cues. The drone lady and air burst bomber both yell out what they are about to do. "Drones going up!", "Let's see how they like THIS", or "launching drones" for the lady and "Air burst on the way" for the bomber guy. As this happens several seconds before they even begin to do their thing. At the same time, an icon over their head also provides visual feedback.

The game becomes incredibly easier when one has gained the play experience to capitalize on things like mentioned above. The game will seem incredibly unfair and impossibly hard to those that have not yet learned the necessary tactics. Above are just a few, but the list is long. Such as weak points..... almost every enemy archetype has one or more weak points which, when you shoot it, will nullify the enemies offensive abilities and/or accelerate their demise.

Then there is build. There are a handful of good gear combinations for each play style which work well, and there are infinite combinations of gear which do little to nothing. To be able to do heroic bounties solo, and not feel like it is impossible, you are going to need to have a very effective build.

There was a time that I thought the heroic bounties would just never be something I should expect to do. But that just isn't the case. It may not be possible now, but it will be possible when you are really ready.

• Anonymus23
    23 posts

@dreken4 Could you describe what World Tier and how many directives is that you played those bounties with?
    And in what kind of gear you use?

I feel no difference in the difficulty in this game, compared to the latest change months (a year?) ago...
    Only difference is the server status, when it is laggy, it feels that it is more difficult, as it seems that some damage is not calculated, and like you shoot the nothing...

• BT3241
    179 posts

I always do bounties solo and I usually have no problem but your going to die once and a while on a heroic bounty you can't win them all . Depending on the enemy I will use different status effect. On Black Tusk the pulse grenade works great and works well with Rogues killing their skills. Outcasts you burn them don't want those suicide bombers rushing you same with Hyenas you burn them. Black tusk elites will escape the fire easily some times. I use the drone and the turret which protects me quite well and the drone will dig out the hard guys. There are a few bad spots for bounties but after you have done them enough times you know what to expect, My favorite bounty spot is next to Potomac Event Center - one of the hardest is a heroic in the field of the east mall you finish off one group and the next group comes out right behind you - you have to be careful there and be ready to fall back if needed.

• dreken4
    Original poster 3 posts

@tcarlisle2012 Yes it now is more normal, with the random heroic, guess I hit by chance three consecutive heroic.
    Thanks for the reply.

• the_Kettle
    305 posts

One thing I believe has only changed in the last few months (unless I somehow failed to notice prior to that) is that random bounty targets now have SHD skills (like rogues). This can, on occasion, massively increase the difficulty of a particular bounty - as an example, I failed one rather memorably last month when the Outcast target I was sniping at from a raised area threw a frag trap up at me, just as a sledgehammer heavy came charging up the stairs towards me. Couldn't move, couldn't stay still, couldn't think of a way out quite fast enough!

On a side note, I had always assumed that the reason you only ever saw agents and rogues using SHD skills was because they were keyed in to ISAC (or ANNA) somehow, and wouldn't function without the AI to provide guidance. Seems like an obvious security feature you'd build in.

Suggested Topics