Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• darkfyre2k7
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm having issues with shadows rendering on my Xbox Series S. Is this a known issue and if so, is their a fix? Just paid for it and now it's not working right.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1359 posts

Hello @darkfyre2k7, I am sorry to hear about this shadow issue you are experiencing.

Are you able to capture a clip as an example for us to view how shadows look in the game for you?

If you can upload a clip to a video hosting website such as Imgur or Youtube, then send us a link to view it please, that would help us investigate further, thank you.

Official Response
  • SniperarrowX
    5 posts

@ubi-milky I believe I'm experiencing the same glitch, as I'm also on an Xbox Series S. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and started a new game with no change. I've recorded two videos of it here:

Hope this helps and good luck!

• SniperarrowX
    5 posts

@darkfyre2k7 QUICK FIX: I believe it's due to being installed to the Internal SSD. I've been having the same problem, but now I've transferred the game to an external HDD (not SDD) and the shadows seem perfect. I can't seem to find another solution, but I hope this helps!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 977 posts

@sniperarrowx Hi there!

Thanks for taking the time to let the team know what's worked for you as a possible fix for this.

If other players having this issue, still see the shadows not working as intended when the game is installed on a HDD, please let us know.
    Thank you.

Official Response
  • xXFade_FolfXx
    1 posts

@ubi-nacho I downloaded it on my internal and external drive, so matter where I am my shadows are buggy

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1181 posts

Hey @darkfyre2k7,

Have you been able to try on a different drive?

Hey @xXFade_FolfXx,

Sorry to hear it's still happening for you despite trying 2 drives to install on. Do you know if the game resolves this issue itself after progressing in the game a bit further, or is it a constant issue throughout?

Official Response
  • RIPPERza
    1 posts

@xxfade_folfxx same here..

Any fixes available?.

Sucks paying and it doesn't work

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2822 posts

@ripperza @xXFade_FolfXx @darkfyre2k7

Can you all confirm the following:

• Are you playing a disc or digital version of the game?
    • Do you have FPS enabled or disabled? Whichever you have can you try turning it on or off then restart the game to see if that makes any difference
    • Have you completed the first memory 'The Way The Wind Blows'? If not can you complete it and confirm if the issue persists in the second memory
    Official Response
  • TSB-TSB
    1 posts

@darkfyre2k7 @SniperarrowX @xXFade_FolfXx @RIPPERza

i had the same issue - maybe it is the same fix for us all.

my problem occured every time that i had been playing anything else than rogue.

so please try to start the xbox series (s in my case) and start rogue without anything else first - if you have played anything a reboot fixes my problem and then start rogue.

hope this works out well for you guys - it is a weird issue.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1354 posts

@tsb-tsb Hey! Thank you for sharing the workaround that works for you. If you need further help please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics