ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    2652 posts

@ac1dwir3
    @Enkidu98

you have to equip the pants you want to change (this may, should work with other gear) :
    Big Thanks to @TheeElf for this tip 👍👍👍

you will find a Megathread with the Tip there :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102952/siege-of-paris-unable-to-enhance-downgrade-trousers-at-the-blacksmith-post-here/?lang=en-US

Nice day to all

• Taklishim
    21 posts

@theeelf Sorry, missed this question. I can confirm the workaround did work by equipping boots and upgrading from that screen.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

Now I'm having this issue. When I started Siege of Paris, everything was working. Now when I'm back to Ravensthorpe with full Paladin armor, "Trousers" section at Gunnar's is missing.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 690 posts

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for continuing to reach out and report this issue with the pants category not showing up when you go to upgrade or downgrade your gear. All of these reports have been forwarded to the team currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, however, a workaround has been provided by @TheeElf ! Go ahead and equip the pants you want to change, and then speak to the Blacksmith and upgrade your equipped gear. This should allow you to upgrade those pants! Please let me know if this workaround doesn't seem to help, however! Thank you so much for your patience as this issue is looked into.

Official Response
  • firewolf1971
    4 posts

I Have a similar problem the workaround worked fine but it shouldnt have been let happen in the first place they should've checked it thoroughly as it is totally annoying first Odyssey at start wasnt giving one particular achievement Child Of Poseidon despite doing required criteria they need to find what is causing this and fix it quickly

• iluminatethesky
    7 posts

Hey there,

Boots or "Pants" are not showing up in the Blacksmith to be Upgraded, they do not have their own Category anymore. The only way I can upgrade them is if I equip them first, then they'll show up under my equipped gear.

https://stadia.google.com/capture/24fc94fd-58c8-4a9e-a82e-38a8f32037e1: (https://stadia.google.com/capture/24fc94fd-58c8-4a9e-a82e-38a8f32037e1)

Not sure why the category disappeared, but it would be nice to have them back 🙂

Thanks,

iluminate

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

Thanks for continuing to share your reports about being unable to upgrade/downgrade breeches at the blacksmith following the release of Siege of Paris. The development team have been notified of this issue occuring, and they are currently investigating further. I have forwarded all the reports that have been shared with us within this thread, as well as any additional images/videos you have taken the time to capture.

If we require any additional information from you all, we will request it within this thread. In the meantime, we will let you know of any updates within this thread when these are available.

@TheeElf has provided a workaround that should allow you to upgrade/downgrade your breeches in the meantime:

There is a workaround though. Let's say you have three "Pants" items you want to upgrade from Flawless to Mythical. The workaround is to equip one of them, open the Blacksmith, and Enhance the gear from the "Currently Equipped" section, then exit the Blacksmith, equip the next one, and repeat.

We understand that this is not a convenient workaround, but it should allow you to upgrade/downgrade your gear.

@firewolf1971 - If you're encountering trouble in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, I recommend that you share your report within their dedicated player support forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Timmy_P_Jano
    5 posts

Can not upgrade boots at blacksmith. All boots in the menu are missing at the blacksmith's.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that boots are missing in the Blacksmiths.

So we can see exactly what you see would it be possible to share a link to a video using a third party video sharing website?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2652 posts

@timmy_p_jano
    @Ubi-WheelyDuck

you have to equip the pants, boots, you want to upgrade at the blacksmith (this may, should work with other gear) :
    Big Thanks to @TheeElf for this tip 👍👍👍

you will find a Megathread with the Tip there :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102952/siege-of-paris-unable-to-enhance-downgrade-trousers-at-the-blacksmith-post-here/?lang=en-US

Nice day to all

• Timmy_P_Jano
    5 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck I upgraded the reaper boots by wearing them and then returning back to the blacksmith's. As of now I am back at the smith's and the boots list is still not appearing there. All the other weapons and articles of clothing are listed, except for the boots list. If you could be so kind to look into the fault and to take my honest word that there is a fault there I would be very appreciative. Thankyou very much.

• Timmy_P_Jano
    5 posts

@azullfr I worked that out about an hour or so ago but truthfully, thanks very much for the reply, better late than never. Take care and all the best. 😉

• azullFR
    2652 posts

@timmy_p_jano

Great Thanks to you 👍
    Enjoy the game and have a great and nice day 🙂

• iluminatethesky
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for the help!

I have tried the workaround that theeelf has mentioned, that works for now.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 690 posts

@iluminatethesky Glad to hear that! Thanks for reaching back out and confirming that the workaround is working for you! 😊

Official Response
  • JasonBourne007
    16 posts

Hi,

When I go to the blacksmith (any blacksmith, in England, or Frankia, or anywhere else) I can upgrade all types of gear items except for the pants/boots. All items categories appear, so I see the various types of weapons grouped together, shields, bracers, helmets, torso armor, etc. All of them, except the pants/boots. The category is completely absent, none of the pants I have appear in the list, so upgrading any pant is completely impossible. It is quite annoying as I was able to upgrade all my gear to "gold level" and my pants remain red or blue-ish level.

• azullFR
    2652 posts

@jasonbourne007
    Hi,
    to upgrade pants/boots at the blacksmiths you have to equip the item you want to upgrade (new bug with DLC2 SoP)
    Many Thank to @TheeElf for this tip 👍 👍 👍

You can find more infos about this bug and also the tip here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102952/siege-of-paris-unable-to-enhance-downgrade-trousers-at-the-blacksmith-post-here/1?lang=en-GB

Have a nice day 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @JasonBourne007!

I've merged your post, as well as some others, into our ongoing Megathread for this issue. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this merge. Thanks to @azullFR for sharing this thread and the workaround for this issue with other players 😄

The development team are aware of this issue and they are currently investigating further. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the investigation. Rest assured that as soon as we have any new information to share with you regarding upgrading/downgrading your breeches at the blacksmith, we will let you know within this thread.

In the meantime, @TheeElf has shared a workaround that has helped many players to upgrade/downgrade their desired trousers:

There is a workaround though. Let's say you have three "Pants" items you want to upgrade from Flawless to Mythical. The workaround is to equip one of them, open the Blacksmith, and Enhance the gear from the "Currently Equipped" section, then exit the Blacksmith, equip the next one, and repeat.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Zim_B7
    2 posts

Hey guys,
    I've noticed that I have doubled hero of dublin boots in my inventory, and now I can't upgrade any items at smithy, there is no boots category

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Zim_B7!

I've reached out to you in our "Duplicated Items" Megathread, requesting some more information about your duplicate trousers. When you have a moment, would you be able to provide me with the requested information?

The development team are aware of an issue wherein players are unable to upgrade/downgrade their trousers at the blacksmiths, and they are currently investigating this further. Once we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.

In the meantime, please can you try the following workaround for any trousers that you wish to upgrade/downgrade:

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics