Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 10 Likes/89 Replies/2364 Views
    ChuckKatse
    283 posts

Keeping true to form with UbiSoft something that was working in the past is now broken and it had to be as a result of the Paris DLC expansion. The ability to upgrade Breeches at any Blacksmith. They are not even shown in the Enhance Gear option at the Blacksmith. You can enhance all other Armor pieces and weapons except the Breeches. I first noticed the bug at the Blacksmith shop in the Paris expansion were I was trying to upgrade a Armor set. So I went back to England to see if the same problem was at the Blacksmith at the settlement. It was. So my question to you UbiSoft is how long will it take to fix this problem.

• azullFR
    1121 posts

@chuckkatse
    hello,
    Many Thank to @TheeElf for the following tip 👍👍👍 =
    to upgrade breechees/pants/boots at the blacksmiths you have to equip the item you want to upgrade/downgrade, and then do it from the "Currently equiped" section at the blacksmith

You can find more infos about this bug and also the tip here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102952/siege-of-paris-unable-to-enhance-downgrade-trousers-at-the-blacksmith-post-here/1?lang=en-GB

Have a nice day 🙂

• KozaK69
    1 posts

When I go to the blacksmith and want to upgrade trousers I don't have any of them on the list. There is no trousers category at all. They can't by downgraded also. All I can do is to transmog them.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

It is a known issue since the Siege of Paris DLC. There is a walk around. Equip the trousers you want to upgrade at the Blacksmith and then the upgrade will work.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 477 posts

@kozak69 Hey there!

Sorry to hear this. Thank you for confirming you're running the most recent update.

Are you able to try the workaround suggested by @ChuckKatse ? If this has any effect please let us know.

Otherwise would you be able to verify the game files and restart the game?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • mitsaki99
    1 posts

For 2 months now the pants section for upgrade has disapear from the Black Smith... Any ideas?

• AORUS2017
    56 posts

@mitsaki99

I didn't see any underwear in the blacksmith😁

• thegardener25
    129 posts

@mitsaki99 Yes, go into your inventory & equip the gear you want to upgrade, before visiting the Blacksmith. It's quicker to upgrade that way as well (saves scrolling down to find them).

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@mitsaki99 - Welcome to Discussions! I merged your thread with our existing megathread for this issue regarding being unable to enhance/downgrade pants at the blacksmith. Please do check for an existing thread or megathread for your issue in future before posting! It's an issue currently under investigation, and we'll keep this thread updated as we find out more. There's a workaround in the initial post provided by @TheeElf (quoted by @thegardener25 above) that you are welcome to try in the meantime!

@thegardener25 - Thanks for resharing the workaround with @mitsaki99! 🙂

Official Response
  • firefox-GER-
    17 posts

I mean it's not a big bug. Cause I can wear what I want to upgrade. But until a few play hours gunnar the Smith isn't showing all my items anymore. The whole category for shoes or trousers or whatever is disappeared. It seems that I have to much items. I have to wear the items that I want to have upgraded. So would be nice if we could sort it after the item category for example only Show helmets or 2h swords something like that

• ElMadre1
    87 posts

@firefox-ger Funny you should say that, I was just upgrading all my stuff today for the first time and noticed the same thing.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Hello there @firefox-GER & @ElMadre1!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to enhance/downgrade your trousers at the Blacksmith's. Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us. The development team have reached out to us with an update. I'm happy to share that the team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this fix will be released. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion of introducing a more refined filtering system at the Blacksmith's as well, @firefox-GER! I've passed this along to the dedicated teams for further consideration.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nijime
    1 posts

@theeelf I am missing the boots in the blacksmith menu as well.
    And the list of items in the transmog menu is also incomplete.
    It seems to happen when you have too many items of gear. The menu cannot scroll down far enough to show everything. Or the space of the list is too small for all the items to show up.

A temporary workaround:
    Equip the trousers/boots that you want to upgrade. Then they appear at the very top of the blacksmith menu with the other equipped gear and you can upgrade them.

But long term that is a bit annoying.
    Ubisoft keeps adding new gear to the game, which is good, but I want to request to also provide enough space in the menus (blacksmith and transmog menu especially) for all this gear to be displayed fully. Thanks!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3884 posts

Hello there @Nijime! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for sharing your report with us. The development team are aware of issues wherein trousers cannot be enhanced/downgraded at the Blacksmith's due to gear missing from the menu. They are also aware that some transmog options are missing from the Blacksmith's menu. You can follow the investigation of this issue in this Megathread.

Thanks for sharing how your workaround within this thread as well! Several players have confirmed that if you equip the trousers you want to upgrade/downgrade, you should be able to select them within the Blacksmith's. We understand that this may not be convenient if you are wanting to upgrade/downgrade several pairs of trousers, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

The development team have shared that they will be deploying a fix for the missing trousers option in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this fix will be released. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ntisocl
    1 posts

Since the 1.3.1 update, when I go to any blacksmith the entire category of Pants no longer shows up as available for upgrades or enhancements

• Jack287346
    9 posts

I have a weird new bug at the blacksmiths (Gunnar or any other) in the game: In the item list for "Enhance gear", all the pants are missing. It starts at the top with "Currently Equipped", then has all the weapons and shields, and then the armor pieces: Bracers, Helmet, Cloak, Torso, and that's it. No Pants to be found.

This bug is new, because I have successfully upgraded Pants in the past.

I'll add a screenshot with the very bottom of the scroll list.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Welcome to Discussions, @ntisocl! Please refer to the previous posts above by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis - as stated, the development team will be deploying a fix in a future update, and we'll continue to keep everyone updated here in the thread as to the details of the title update this fix will be deployed in as and when more details are shared with us. Thank you for your understanding in the meantime. 🙂

Edit 20/09/2021 13:03:
    @Jack287346 - Hey there! I merged your thread with our megathread regarding this issue with being unable to upgrade/downgrade pants at the Blacksmith. Please refer to what I have written above, as well as the previous updates by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis, for the latest information about this issue. Thanks!

Official Response
  • styxxx163
    1 posts

Thank you so much TheeElf for the workaround ran into the same problem, though not because of [Siege of Paris] just happened while I was switching my weapons. I’ve had the problem for the last couple of days, thanks once again for the workaround peace.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 489 posts

@styxxx163

Glad to hear this helped you out and thanks for letting us know it's worked out for you. Cheers!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    559 posts

The smith in neither France nor Ravensthorpe offer the option of upgrading trousers other than those Eivor is wearing. All other armour items can be upgraded. It's not something that breaks the game but it's irritating. Video.

Suggested Topics