Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xcel30
    Original poster 408 posts

Just a random list of ideas for alternative version of specialization weapons that i know will never ever happen, mostly based on old suggestion the from the old forums, mostly weapons that are too weird to be regular exotics since most of them wouldn't use regular ammo or gimmicks

Survivalist:
    -Incendiary Bow: Quite simple similar to the elite outcast sniper explosive bow, shoots an explosive incendiary projectile with drop off and travel time that you need to charge to the most range and damage out of it, higher damage and slower version of the crossbow, would keep the extra armor damage and instead of causing bleed it would leave a fire pool, since it fires a projectile with drop off it would be possible to hit enemies behind cover with the right angle and would carry lower total ammo

-Silent pneumatic crossbow: A crossbow that you could fire multiple times before reloading, shots would tag enemies so they would take increased damage and have a higher crit chance (the idea is that would allow players to go over the 60% crit cap temporally against this target), headshots would have a higher tag duration and would case a long duration special bleed, would carry more ammo and do less damage (since not explosive), be able to shoot 3 shots semi automatically before reloading, would not have the bonus damage against heavy enemy armor.

Sharpshooter:
    -VSS sniper: It would not have headshot damage multiplier like other snipers and instead all crit chance and headshot damage gets transfered to crit damage, ALL headshots would be guaranteed crits, would carry way more ammo and be semi auto with very good accuracy and extremely low reticle boom and recoil and predictably low recoil, pretty much a very high DPS burst gun if people can keep firing headshots non stop, could add some extra detail such as 5% extra crit damage for every following shot that doesn't miss

-PTRD 41: Pretty much just the ultimate one shot sniper rifle with absurd damage, can ONLY be used while in cover, single shot before having to reload, low aiming speed and slow downs your reticle movement also, just a dumb fun big gun.

Technician:
    -Taser rifle: A weapon that would work with a battery backpack and always carry all the ammo on itself and doesn't need to reload but instead overheats and causes an explosion at the target, it would look similar to a shotgun that shoots to very large bolts that stuck in to the target and tazes them, the longer you hold the button the more the shock damage would go up (it would deal heavy damage to normal humans and extra to mechanical enemies), holding until it overheats would finish with a big explosive damage instead for aoe if needed. Here's the fun twist if you shoot at an downed or dead ally and use up a lot of ammo you instead revive them.

-Spider mine launcher: Since technician relies a lot more on his skills (duh), this is an more defensive gun about setting mines with high explosive damage but low aoe so you would set up a defensive grid, skills might EMP'd or shot down, mines not so much, it would shoot a circular mine that would get stuck in surfaces and set up a laser sensor (so you can't just use it as granade launcher), if an enemy trips the mine it would jump and up and explode on him.

Demotilionist:
    -Carl Gustav: Well it's the rocket launcher that True sons have and people can use in the raid, just make it usable elsewhere, could paint it a different color so it doesn't get mixed up for raid purposes.
    -M79: A single shot granade launcher, idea would be just slighty better damage, range and the drop off range from the center of the explosion to the edges.

Gunner:
    -Akimbo SMGs: Instead of defensive sustained DPS in the form of a minigun, this would be the opposite of very high burst damage in forms of akimbo SMGs focused on movement and really spreading as much lead as possible really fast, possibly to keep the gunner theme of defense give bonus armor on kill instead of when pulling like the minigun did
    -Browing M1919: Would be a more defensive option that would come with a face plate similar to deploayable shield so you would be able to thank a lot more shots, higher damage, lower ammo pool and slower rof

Firewall:
    -Stun baton: Since firewall is meant to be close range and can use the shield alongside in this case high damage and being able to shock enemies, very high damage and fast attack speed would be offset by being a single target weapon, with battery being the "ammo".
    -Sticky tar launcher: Cleaners have an unique variant of the riot foam that looks like tar that both gets you character stuck and sets them on fire, this would be a improvised looking weapon that would shoot bottles of that tar like element focusing on the crowd control aspect of spec, low initial damage, good crowd control due fire and tar status effect

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    785 posts
    Just a random list of ideas for alternative version of specialization weapons that i know will never ever happen

On the contrary, I could see them adding variant spec weapons as a way to flesh out the specialization trees. Maybe not the specific ones in your post though, as some of them would be too divergent from the current ones.

• xcel30
    Original poster 408 posts

@dagrommit Eh... more that i feel like spec are done as far as the devs seem them, no reason to touch them again at this point in the game, i mean i was always a hard advocate about making them waaaay closer to regular MMO classes because well... you can't really call them specializations if it doesn't feel like you have specialized in one role or playstyle, thats why i always liked how gear sets were like mini classes.

Feels too late for the game lifespan to suddendly rework an leftover mechanic, would i like more depth in customization the spec weapons since they can be more outlandish stuff compared to exotics (i mean rocket launchers and crossbows cannot be primary weapons)? of course but at the same time i doubt they have the manpower to rework that

• hralex1951
    62 posts

@xcel30 Maybe they could put some of these into Heartland. I like the idea.

Suggested Topics