ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ahmadz2001
    Original poster 1 posts

I don't know what is the purpose of stacking these stones. It's so annoying, especially the one in Eurvicscire. I've been stuck there for ages and I can't leave it unsolved because of a personal obsession. It's the most idiotic event in the game. BTW, AC Odessy was so much better.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@ahmadz2001 You aren't the only one who thinks so! Lots of ppl with vitriolic hate for a pile of rocks. I don't mind them, but I'm thinking it must be much easier on keyboard/mouse. Could you use keyboard and mouse instead?

I've also seen this... Haven't tried it myself, but maybe worth a go if your only other option is quitting!

• B00MSIE
    397 posts

@ahmadz2001

I like they try new things and brought back good things in Valhalla. I would like to have more challenging cairns. Especially the new ones in the Paris DLC are way to easy.

And try Origins, 5 times better then Odyssey. I really dislike the looting system of Odyssey.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@b00msie Agree with you,I got frustrated with the last 2 Cairns in England,took me like 3 hours to do just those two.But I wanted the platinum as liked the game so much ,despite the bugs.I only try to platinum few games if I really enjoy them.
    The ones in Francia though are a big let down,way too easy ,took me less than one minute to solve the 2 I found so far,just dropping random stones and done. Disappointing. I don't ask for impossible but a bit of a challenge even though I kind of suffered with the last ones in England lol. But after doing the challenges and complete all the hunting requests in RDR2 I got used to suffer 😆

I agree with you about Odissey mana looting. I rather Valhalla's. I liked Oddissey a lot but didn't like so much loot.

• Jakeypoo12345
    29 posts

@garbo3 idk... i actually didnt mind the looting system in odyssey because i made BANK off of selling the gear. making money was soooo easy in odyssey all u had to do was go on a blood thirsty rampage which would attract mercenarys, fight everybody until the nation power was gone, do the conuest battle so that ur wanted level goes away, then sell everything. luckily the important pieces of gear are unsellable so u dont have to worry about losing good items.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@jakeypoo12345 I honestly don't remember been able to sell the gear,my memory is horrible. I enjoyed the game very much,the bounty hunters or whatever they were called,the challenge if fighting sometimes even 4 at the same time. And the conquer battles. More repayable than Valhalla,more challenging too. I would have loved we had always Zealots ,but once you kill them all that's it.

• GhostAgent14
    165 posts

@lemmie88

That picture with the oil jar at the bottom of those rocks made me laugh so much!! 😁 😁

• PhilyG213
    72 posts

@lemmie88 Now tell me the location of the nearest oil jars for every cairn

• Lysvander
    146 posts

't Is a mini game - that's the purpose.

I also like to complete things, but when frustration kicks in - you leave and come back later.

There's nothing idiotic about it, it's a good take on a side activity.

And these things are no basis to judge games. Odyssey or Valhalla, those are different discussions. Stacking these stone will make no difference in discussing those two.

You can do it. I didn't even use all stones.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@lysvander I agree,when you are getting frustrated, as I did,go do something else and try again later. When you make it is such a relief that I almost spent 2 minutes looking at the completed last 2 Cairns and then took a selfie by them 😆

• Lysvander
    146 posts

@garbo3 don't think i took a selfie .... mostly it's just like this when i complete it ...

but i think we can agree, sometimes frustration just kicks in ... and if you don't want to look at guides, then just go do something else, and come back later with a fresh mind. 😎

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@lysvander hahaha,that pic make me laugh. True,you feel like Fvck yeah!!

• longjohn119
    1031 posts

Looting is a big part of all the best RPG games. Like Witcher 3, Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games, RDR2 and Odyssey ... It's just how you upgrade and progress your character while giving you complete flexibility on how you build your character to best fit your abilities and preferred play style .... It also allows you to replay the game with a completely different build and playstyle

And it's completely missing in this game .... Forget trying to build an archer or a stealth character, it's brawl and melee or go home

• AlePlay
    695 posts

they are games of understanding and intelligence ... no offense ..... but in practice you are publicly admitting ..... do we understand each other? XD

aniway, those of the new siege of paris DLC were too easy ..!

I tell you more: almost all of them can be completed without the need to use ALL stones ...don't be fooled ....!

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@caosck True,can be completed in less than one minute,just dropping any stone on top of the previous one.

• AlePlay
    695 posts

imagine it as a metaphor for life: if you don't build a solid foundation, your next step could collapse all your certainties

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@caosck True.
    I am just certain they became lazy and rushed the DLC. Found 4 Cairns,4 world events,2 cursed symbols,3 altars,4 flying papers and haven't much left to explore. Am avoiding Paris as get the error to save game there all the time.
    Oh,and 3 Noble fights,which the last one was a joke. Very disappointed with the side stuff.

• AlePlay
    695 posts

@garbo3

siege of paris, I liked it while it lasted ...

I notice that everyone think to need more .. (in terms of duration ..!) 

11 h for finish and take all and see ✓ in every part of the map

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@caosck oh,no in duration,I only made 2 main quests yet. I started on Friday and playing all day as am sick in bed. That's not what am complaining about.
    I would have loved the Cairns to be more challenging, the flying papers and specially that noble fight that finished before it even started.

• AlePlay
    695 posts

@garbo3
    well, I personally didn't find it extremely difficult but I have nothing to blame ... I think that after 400 hours of play it is I who have become practical ..! XD

I mean, that way of thinking for solving puzzles that way of acting in battle, you know all the tricks to overcome every difficulty, given the large number of variables

instead at the beginning of the game, you don't have many plans B to rely on, so everything seems more difficult
    (an example is the challenge in Vinlandia)

ok, even then it wasn't difficult ... indeed, let's say that if you had been allowed to use your equipment, it would have been as easy as breathing ..

in siege of paris
    surely the crossbowmen and the mice have made everything tastier .... I admit to having died several times because of the crossbowmen !! XD

(then ... once you know ..
    you go against them very quickly .... and go happy! )

Suggested Topics