Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ry_mann88
    Original poster 17 posts

It's been almost a year since the most recent Wishlist post, so I hope the mods don't mind me starting a new one (the old one is buried).
    This is a list of things I'd like to see added in Valhalla, if not the next AC game (be it project Infinity or whatever game comes out between now and then).

Gameplay

Mounted/vehicle-oriented mechanics be should get more serious attention. Other games have come and gone that handle horses so much better, and the current control scheme for horses since Origins makes the games feel and look very dated by comparison. I'm fine with the directional controls being what they are (point the stick or select the WASD keys in the direction you want) but speed should be controlled separately. Look to games like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Breath of the Wild for examples. This includes putting more care and effort into mounted combat, something like Witcher 3 would work (four types of animations for ground enemies on either side or mounted enemies on either side). The mounted combat animations are in the game already with the new mounted cavalry in Seige of Paris. Time to let us players have those options now.

Let us set a waypoint on the map and draw a line for us to follow without surrendering control. As it stands, I have to toggle the autopilot to see the line at intersections to know which turn to make, then cancel it and continue on my own for the same effect. The autopilot option should stay in the game, but toggled differently than simply summoning the path indicator.

Higher difficulty should not mean 'more enemy health'. Increasing the damage output for enemies is fine, but stop turning everyone into damage sponges, please. Early game for AC: Unity was great since we were on par with the average enemy, which encouraged the player to think and weigh their options before engaging, and consider escaping when caught unaware. Provide more tools (in and out of combat) for players to use to compensate.

Please stop using randomized features of the game in timed Connect Challenges. Avenging another player cannot be triggered on command and must be stumbled across. Perhaps consider adding an option to search for one at Reda's shop or his agents around the map?

A true crafting system. Each gear comes with multiple parts the player can select to customize for themselves. For example, swords have a pommel, grip, crossguard, and blade. Each piece could be upgraded or changed, both for gameplay (stats) purposes or cosmetic (adding personal flair to the weapon itself). A chest piece might include layers of clothing, armor worn over the top, and so on.

• Requires blueprints found around the map, purchased from vendors, or by looting a weapon and having it dismantled by a blacksmith (dismantle for blueprint different than dismantling for materials option).
    • Might require going back to the Origins/Odyssey loot system with randomized stats instead of Valhalla's limited loot with preset stats. This way, no two pommels are the same, so the player can prioritize specific stats while aiming for the look they want.
    • Each and every gear slot should require multiple gear parts. Not just weapons. Doing so could fill the void RPG players like with character customization while sticking with the preset character AC games are known for. This way, you can maintain the RPG-lite style you want to keep aiming for while sticking with the predetermined protagonist.

Keep the Fog of War system for revealing the map in Valhalla in future games. But, completing every viewpoint for a specific region fills out the entire section on the map screen. Finding every viewpoint on a whole map unfogs the entire map. For example (for clarification), let's say Cent has four viewpoints, once I complete all four, all of Cent is revealed but not for the nearby regions. England has 57 viewpoints, when I finish all of those, the entire England map is revealed). Traveling on foot unfogs the map exactly as it does in Valhalla.

Camera distance. Provide options from the start. Some players like the camera pulled back, others (like myself) don't. Also, give us additional options to control camera distance for different player states. I'd love a closer camera during combat, personally.

Story

This has been said by more than a few already, but it's time to put the Assassins/Hidden Ones back into the game. We want to play as one again, either from the very opening or joining shortly after (the title card would be a good place).

Pacing has always been an issue in AC games. I've been gaming long enough to know this is an inherent flaw of open-world games and is difficult to do properly with them unless the team comes up with clever options to get around that.

If the Eagle/Raven feature is staying around, tell us how the protagonist got them (or show it as a story beat). Why does Eivor have a pet raven? We don't know because you never told us. Don't rely on the codex for this (also, keep the codex please).

Choices should be for Side Quests or World Events only, so please ditch the multiple endings.

Pick a gender for each title and ditch the gender selection. Deep down, players will accept any gendered protagonist provided they're well written and consistent. I'm a guy, but I loved Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn) and Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag) because they're great characters. Not because they are male or female.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@ry_mann88 All good suggestions.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics