Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• InDigital
    Original poster 23 posts

I tried nearly every build (strikers, foundry, rigger, and fiew i dont remember). Even techincian build for turrets.
    Combinations with chamelion and coyote mask with 100 CHD and 60 CHC even with striker build gives nothing.
    At level heroic single i can do nothing. It takes forever to kill any yellow mob and i run out of ammo even while even not finished fight with fiew yellow mobs.
    For them it is only 3 shots and i am dead.
    I don't understand how to play this game...

Can somebody give advice what is the best build to survive and be ble to kill everyone in Heroic world difficilty....
    Maybe i am to old? I am 39.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    499 posts

@indigital post a screenshot of the builds you've been using as a start.

• Merphee
    38 posts

Some players here (or at least with the old forum layout) are age 60+. 🙂

At any rate, I'm gonna recommend Eclipse Protocol, as it's one of the best builds in the game. You don't have to main it, but it's good to have one in your pocket. For survivability + killing, maybe something with Momento. Or an Intimidate + Adrenaline Rush combo

• Oatiecrumble
    281 posts

Give this build a try, it's pretty hard to die and does some serious Dps:

1 x Badger Tuff Chest with Perfectly Unbreakable
    1 x Memento Backpack
    4 x Hunters Fury
    3 rolled with armor
    3 rolled with weapon damage

A balance of CHC/CHD Mods

1 x Scorpio Shotgun
    1 x Vector with a talent of your choice

Scorpio will be your main Dps

Skills:

Tecnician Spec: Artificer Hive & Crusader Shield.

It's a very in your face build.

p.s I'm 50 and pretty much pi$$ed all the time 😂

• xcel30
    258 posts

Well have you tried sniper rifles? They are reliable weapons to kill enemies in very few headshots depending mostly in your aim

• Virtual-Chris
    452 posts

@indigital

Heroic difficulty is very spongy. Were you having better success on Challenging? Maybe just roll back the difficulty? I can’t stand playing on Heroic… it’s just too much sponge for me… but maybe I’m too old as well 😉

• InDigital
    Original poster 23 posts

@virtual-chris

Maybe trhe problem is with game balance or npc firepower strenght. Challanging for me is as easy as normal. Only Heroic and Legendary makes changes. Dramatic changes!

• Bulanskovich
    5 posts

Heroic becomes rather simple with the right builds really, it just takes a bit of time to get em. I run a skill build with Combined Arms, Glass Cannon and Capacitor and as long as I am careful I can shred all that I meet.

• Rodnaz
    60 posts

@virtual-chris Same here the sponge is way to monotonous. If I do I change to a quick fire Rifle & AR but it still requires to many kills. I think they, Massive/UBI thinks everyone has an itchy trigger finger!

• Rodnaz
    60 posts

@oatiecrumble I have a similar build, in process. I have a Vector but seldom use it. Now I'm using a Bakers dozen & Scorpio with Hunters Fury. Thinking of trying a M1A CQB for quicker fire. I only tried a shield once with a pistol, so not sure if or what shield works with SMG, AR etc. I play mostly challenging but will bump it on occasion.
    PS: ur still a young en. I live mostly in a pi$$ed state! 🙂

• Oatiecrumble
    281 posts

@Rodnaz this is my main build, 60% CHC & 200% CHD....it's a beast.

Mainly just use my Bakers Dozen:

Old piccy but pretty much the same.

• Adrian-11
    558 posts

@oatiecrumble

Holy! That's a lot of red, and NO blue.

• Deltium
    4 posts

@indigital - there are a LOT of us MUCH older than you, and doing just fine. The build you posted is OK, but that is a very close quarters build, requiring very strong situational awareness of your environment. If you want the "easy" build, go with a striker drone and turret, coupled with 3-piece empress, 1-piece Wyvern, and 1-piece Fenris, and the exotic Capacitor AR. Do note that positioning is very key, and as you progress in the SHD levels, you get a lot of buffs, so be patient and adapt.

• L3AND80
    41 posts

1) Build "Automatic" where the drone and turret do all the work, if you use the Capacitor, it gets even better (build for medium and long distance combat).

2) Build Sniper, great for any distance: sniper rifle for long distances, common rifle for medium and short distance and the pistol, which with the shield, is excellent for short distances, avoids being surprised by some NPCs that are attacking at close range.

3) Build "Tank" with shotgun and shield, of course it's for close combat, it's not very efficient in damage, but you don't die easily (very annoying, because you hardly die, but most enemies too).

4) Build "Rainbow", balanced, also for close and medium range combat, the highlight is the Scorpio shotgun and the Maniac rifle with shield. It's not a great build, after all it's hybrid, but it's more fun than the previous one, you can have fun in the open world and CPs.

As other users said, it would be good for you to show or talk about your builds so we can suggest some changes.

• tcarlisle2012
    72 posts

It's not an age issue unless your age is such that you are not open to ideas and changing your build and/or play style.... and since you posted that is a good sign.

You are going to get a ton of "this is my build" replies. But for me, I'd start with how do you most enjoy playing this game? If you like the rifles and your platy style is mid to far range combat, that is going to be very different that it would be if you like using shotguns. Or, if you would rather just drone and turret through the content, that is going to be very different.

Now, if you come back and say "I love sniping"..... well, then I'm sorry to say your a SOL. LOL. This game started out being one that loved snipers, but it has evolved into one that hates snipers.

In general, you can't go wrong with an all red build, and a build where you emphasize critical hit chance and critical hit damage. Using a rifle (bakers dozen), or an AR, or an SMG you will get fine results.

I recommend a 4 piece negotiator's dilemma build to new people. Because you can do damage to multiple enemies.

But those that want to play with the new stuff, and get up in the faces of the enemies, a Hunter's Fury build + Memento + Crusader Shield with a good SMG is a powerful build. IT gets even more powerful when you get a Scorpio Shotgun to drop. I recommend that this build emphasize armor so that your armor is about 1M to 1.1M. After that, emphasize damage and armor on kill.

That build is a complete beast through heroic content. But, as I say that, I should point out, it takes time to learn how to really play a build. You have to learn how to capitalize on its strengths. And this build needs to be played very aggressively, always pushing -- mostly sprinting -- right up to the enemies and engaging. You will be close enough that the blood that spatters will hit you. LOL.

Some might say that this build + Scorpio makes the game too easy, but I don't agree.

• Oatiecrumble
    281 posts
    @oatiecrumble

Holy! That's a lot of red, and NO blue.

Yep but all the enemies die from a distance, the only thing that gets close to me is those flamethrower guys......i'm sure they wear slippers.....sneaky buggers 😜

• Noxious81
    285 posts

@indigital
    You Sir, are totally not too old. Our clan only has members older than 30, most around 40, some over 50 or 60. I myself am 40... so... no, you are not old.

And I personally also don't think that you need screenshots of builds that work well for the veterans posting them – because you might not even know what they did and why the build they posted works. Maybe we should really start with your build. and with how you like to play the game. And what you actually understood so far and what you might not know just yet.

Maybe it's just that "a build" ist not a build, if one is only looking at the core attributes (all red, all blue etc.) or the Brands and Gear Sets (Striker, Rigger, Badger, Fenris etc.). A build is always about finding a well working and fitting concept and balance across all attributes, talents, perks, weapons, and skills.

Especially as some players do invest a lot of time in this game, do not have any problems running "hard" or "challenging" content – but only barely scratch the surface of creating builds.

For example:
    spoiler

tl;dr: Let's focus on where you are coming from, on what's your status quo to make some progress from there.

• InDigital
    Original poster 23 posts

My primary build is this:
    https://paste.pics/DJTF9

https://paste.pics/DJTFH

My goal is to release drone, it hits someone then i get 15% buff for weapons, and another bonuses i get from coyote, chamelion and gear set.
    Sometimes i see even 400K and 550K damage to NPC's but mostly it is 250K.
    Ger is not maxed out but nearly.

Another problem is i am dying pretty fast.
    One more thing - just began to acquire GUNNER points so SPEC is at zero now.

Any comments?

• L3AND80
    41 posts

I think the main problem here is for you to focus on the specialization points you are using, because from what I understand you have started the specialization now (right?) and they, in my opinion, are essential to play from Challenging to the top (Heroic and Legendary).

If you need to, lower the difficulty level just to get these points faster, make those contracts that give these points and try to fill the entire specialization (165 points).

I suggest starting with the top 4 options, then the bottom 4 options and then buffing the weapons you are using (assault rifle and shotgun). Doing this you will notice an improvement in your build, but I would still change some things, starting with Chameleon, as there are common assault rifles better than her, such as the named Test Subject with Perfect in Sync talent, which will work perfectly with your drone or another strong rifle that has the in Sync talent.

Anyway, this would be my first suggestion for a change it (there are other things like I would change it like 50% headshot and 20% health damage, but let's wait until later), but try to get the specialization points to see if things improve.

• Noxious81
    285 posts

@indigital
    That doesn't look too bad. It's definitely a combination that should easily carry you across at least challenging content. But we can surly give you some hints and tipps – but keep in mind that all of those advices will most probably will be personal ones. At least for my advice that is true, because I can only tell you from my point of view what I would try to improve.

So, here we go:

You are currently playing a 6-0-0 build. Meaning you have 6 red core attributes for Weapon Damage, 0 bleu core attributes for Armor, and 0 yellow core attributes for Skill Tiers. That's quite typical for a damage dealing loadout. Especially for one with an AR. But the Chameleon has a very short effective range and thus you need to get very close to the enemy in order to actually deal some damage. That's why I personally like having some blue core attributes to keep me alive while facing enemies upfront. So when using the Chameleon I'd personally go for 2 or 3 blue core attributes. Since the Chameleon's talent offers a 90% damage bonus for accumulating body shots, you won't miss those 3 red core attributes too much anyway...

Or switch to any other AR that actually has the range of an AR. So can stay a bit further away and in cover. In this case you could continue playing with 6 red core attributes as you can better control the battlefield from further away. Plus it's easier to mark three enemies with Negotiator's Dilemma.

You could also try to use other skills. When playing solo (especially heroic content) having a Reviver Hive is always not a bad idea. And you could consider using a healing skill. Because right now your build does not seem to have any self preservation options apart from Repair Kits and possibly the 10% Armor on Kill from the Gunner's perk tree, in case you could already unlock it. In case you should drop your offensive skill in favor of a defensive one, you should also pick a new talent instead of Spark (see below). Self preservation can also be achieved by using the Armor Regeneration attribute on your gear – or items and brands offering Armor Regeneration or Armor on Kill. Two pieces of Belstone Armory for example. You could incorporate them for example instead of the Grupo vest and the Coyote Mask. All of this can in a good combination help you stay alive muuuuuch longer.

Speaking of Spark: That's a nice talent, especially the perfect one. But in case you cannot utilize an offensive skill, you could either try the Glass Canon (although this talent of course also makes you squishy as hell) or Obliterate. Obliterate stacks up to a bonus of 25% more damage with critical hits. And since with playing ND you are anyway out for critical hits, this seems to be a very charming combination. Or use Unbreakable to increase your survivability. There are plenty of options that might be more useful for you.

And you are already sitting at 60% Critical Hit Chance. That's a hard cap you can't get more than that. In your case I'd guess that you already have way more CHC than 60%, wasting everything you invested in CHC beyond that 60%. This cap also affects the bonuses of the Coyote Mask and the Chameleon. For the mask you will for example not benefit from the 10% bonus on CHC for targets in a 10 to 15m range because of that. And you will also not benefits from the CHC bonus the Adaptive Instincts of the Chameleon offers for hitting headshots. So keep that cap in mind when creating a build – especially when you are using such talents that need to be activated or that are not active all the time, because they are not counting towards the statistics of which you posted the screenshot. Because those statics always only show the base stats of your character.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics