ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AORUS2017
    Original poster 349 posts

I am happy to see The High Life DLC added to Anno 1800, but what I see in the list of products that is needed to bring happiness and one stands out that is 'Chew Gum' but there is no list of chew gum on what the rich eat & drink menu at that time also no caviar, Lobster, Fish, truffles, veal dishes, rich chocolate desserts goulash recipes, chicken and buttermilk pie various juices, tonics, Nuts, Cherry, Grapes, Apples and the list goes on, this list of ideal of products is clearly one sided in this testing American. And there's me thinking Anno 1800 was international.

And for those who like the game as much as I do, Skyscraper was ideal that caught an eye of the Anno dev team taken from a Mod named 'Project Distinction' on Nexus but the models that the dev team built have just been polished up but I do hope that the hearts icon over the building gets taken out or have a option to disable them in settings as they look stilly IMO, what is seen so far is colouring on the buildings colour code was good ideal. By Ubisoft *Please be aware that many screenshots or images in this DevBlog show “work in progress” states of the DLC and are not representative of the final version.

Now for some history the world first skyscraper was built in Chicago 1885 it was called HOME INSURANCE BUILDING towered all of 10 stories a peak at 138 feet. the first skyscraper built in New York city was The Tower Building in 1889. It was 11 stories high, and was considered the city first skyscraper because it was the first building to have a steel skeleton. but It was demolished in 1913.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SallyBanno
    1 posts

@aorus2017 As far as I understood the DevBlog the image on the left with the heart icons was an earlier version of the panorama effect which has since be dropped in favour of using the colours in the image on the right so those heart icons won't be in the final DLC.

• banan1996.1996
    164 posts

@aorus2017

but what I see in the list of products that is needed to bring happiness and one stands out that is 'Chew Gum' but there is no list of chew gum on what the rich eat & drink menu at that time

I don't think I fully understand what you meant here. Is it about chewing gum not being consumed by rich people during that period in history? According to wikipedia, first commercial chewing gum was sold in 1848, so it definitely fits the setting of the game overall. Whether it was a luxurious thing available only to the richest people, that I don't know. But if it was available to lower classes too, it wouldn't be the first good in Anno which doesn't exactly fit the history. Remember the game doesn't aim to be historically accurate, it is only loosely based on the history.

I do hope that the hearts icon over the building gets taken out or have a option to disable them in settings as they look stilly IMO, what is seen so far is colouring on the buildings colour code was good ideal.

As SallyBanno already said, the devblog explains that the image with hearts represents some of the initial ideas that were later replaced by adjusting the colours of skyscrapers which contribute to panorama. So you definitely won't see those heart icons in the final version of the DLC, nothing to worry about there.

• AORUS2017
    Original poster 349 posts

@banan1996-1996
    What I mean was 'Chewing gum' isn't something you eat like food, I would have thought they added something like food to the menu, but no now we have pool table & chewing gum to consume! Wow what's next oh yes a typewriter.😕 Ubisoft have never been historically right you only got look at all there games they made like the AC series to see that, and chewing gum was imported to United States from Mexico in 1860's it's use was to chew in secret to help clean there teeth.

@SallyBanno
    Thanks😊

• FHackner
    46 posts

@aorus2017
    You will have to turn to mods if you want to see investors eating normal food

Suggested Topics