Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ZombiAttack
    Original poster 2 posts

Buddy and I booted up the game to give it another go. Had a blast until Heroic wasn't much challenge. As soon as we hop in Legendary, it's non stop suicide drones and mindless air burst spam. Tried many dif builds recommend by major content creators and it's still [censored]. Sorry, we're gone until it gets changed. I can give 10 examples to ratchet up difficulty levels without making it dumb. Peace.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Bulanskovich
    5 posts

@zombiattack Try a tank and skill build with Capacitor combo. Did a bunch of duos like that with a friend.

• Oatiecrumble
    281 posts

Having the right builds/skills is key....it then becomes a lot easier.

• alwaysblazed82
    8 posts

The right build, strategy, and teamwork make a huge difference, but I do understand the frustration that comes with the spamming of drones and grenades all too well. Wish they would have come up with another way to make the content harder, but it is what it is at this point

• Deltium
    4 posts

@zombiattack - don't blame the game prematurely, until you've assessed properly the issues. You complain about drones and air burst spam --- that's exactly what explosive resistance addresses. You also need to be very mindful of positioning on Legendary. Whether it is the Summit (which is much easier) or actual legendary missions, positioning is key. If you sit in the same place like you may do in PvE, you will get crushed, as the AI figures this out quickly and spams you. Cover to cover, and a strong build is key. You also indicated that your buddy and you played together. Did you explore the synergistic talents between your builds, or just tried to optimize your own builds. A simple example is the Coyote mask, which gives damage boosts to the entire squad. Look at these talents as a way to optimize your damage. Lastly, as several have mentioend, skill builds are the "easy" way to clear Legendary, but you do need to optimize your loadout, and not just copy & paste what a "major content creator" has shown you. Many of those builds are not truly optimal for Legendary, but great for click bait on YouTube. Also, are you SHD 1000 or higher? There are a lot of buffs from the SHD levels which are very helpful in Legendary.

• ZombiAttack
    Original poster 2 posts

@deltium I was running 45% explosives resistance. Any more than that and it dips into kill-ability. So no - I don't accept that stacking EXP RE as the answer. As I said before, I can come up with 10 ways to scale content for difficulty levels without resorting to cheese. And that is exactly what this is. Cheese.

• xcel30
    264 posts

Have you tried using jammer pulse to deny them of their drones and GLs so you can kill them and then push a bit?

• L3AND80
    41 posts

Forget builds here, there are few that really work in this mode, what matters is the skill and especially the patience and perseverance of the player to be able to play this mode (in the case of solo games).

Honestly I don't like this mode, the enemies OK, I can handle it, but their abilities (drones and healing station) and those robotic dogs discourage me from playing this mode.

I admire the patience and skill of those who play that and... HAVE FUN playing it.

• Merphee
    38 posts

Builds play a part, but Legendary is mainly knowing where enemies, particularly the most deadly, are and when they spawn.

But, learning encounters require dying to them first. A lot.

• blueray789
    8 posts

It is meant to be difficult, but it isn't that difficult. I've completed Legendary strongholds with shd 10 players, and they are easier than Raids.

Best way is to learn from others and join a matchmaking session with randoms.

You just have to use a different playstyle. Unless you are running a HF build, stay in cover and don't Leeroy Jenkins.

• Noxious81
    304 posts

Just as a quick reminder: back in the days when legendary difficulty first came into this game, it was announced as being for "the top 1% of all players".

Of course they reduced difficulty since then... and they introduced and buffed AFK-skill-builds into oblivion, so that a lot of people now have the – imho false – impression that legendary difficulty would be suitable for any agent.

It is not. Copying builds won't suffice. And that is ok. Legendary difficulty is – even when with playing with training wheels aka drone and turret – still a lot about knowing what and when to do. And what not. It is about teamwork, it is about knowing and focussing certain enemy archetypes. And yes, it's also about dealing with bull****, as sometimes drones and grenades indeed can be annoying as f***. But: suck it up, keep your calm and continue killing some bad guys!

Oh and as already previously mentioned: dying also is part of playing the game. It is totally ok to die when playing legendary content, especially in random groups. It's supposed to be a challenge after all, isn't it? We have plenty of other activities and difficulties that are anything but a challenge (funny enough – this even is true for "challenging" difficulty now) and are indeed suitable for every agent and for having some easy fun.

• N3mB0t
    265 posts

well... this post is a joke , that is more like it , another player who wants everything handed in a silver plater so they can feel good about themselves with no effort at all.

takes some time to master things , this isnt the matrix.

• BT3241
    80 posts

If you have played division 1 the difficulty is about the same I remember it would take a hour or more sometimes to complete the mission.If its Black Tusk you have to be prepared for the skills coming at you I have been using the pulse grenade on them never saw one drone fly and it works great even stuns them for a few seconds.

• Adze.
    10 posts

At first Legendary is hard because, as people have already stated, you must know spawn points, priority of targets, weak-points etc.

Legendary is meant for seasoned players who know all the above but that doesn't mean a new player can't join if they are sensible and possess a modicum of common sense; enough common sense to sit at the back to observe and learn.

Priority of targets is obvious in my opinion. If you are being spammed by drones, which are a menace and can wipe a team easily, then the obvious targets are the drones and the drone user. If you are smart you find the NPC spamming the drones and the process is simple. Kill any drones they have currently live in the arena and then watch the drone NPC. As soon as they launch new drones kill the drones and then the slash damage will damage or kill the drone user. Obviously you can just shoot the drone user as well.

If there is a healing box in the arena, then obviously you destroy the box and the medic ASAP.

Same with grenadiers. Kill those monsters ASAP.

The type of mechs that are repaired by NPCs can be used as a honey pot. Damage the mechs tracks so that it can't run away for repair when damaged then damage it some more until the NPC come running up to repair it and then kill the NPC and the mech.

Large chungas (the big guys with chain-guns) can be CC'ed to death with minimal effort by killing their red box and gun-chain. Shoot them in the butt if you can because they have minimal armour in that area.

The priority is obviously whichever NPC is causing the team the most issues and, yet again, takes a modicum of common sense to determine.

Learn about weak-points using YouTube guides.

Legendary can be tackled solo or duo with the right build and is almost identical to 4 man except I think the NPCS have a little less health.

Maybe you and your buddy should run with a full group a few times to gain some experience.

• Adrian-11
    564 posts

The "Legendary" difficulty is not for everybody. I am not even sure it's a difficulty level to be honest, feels more like a different game mode.
    As many said here, most people that beat it spent a lot of time learning the spawn points, sequence, and figuring out the priority of targets, a script of the mission if you will. I admire them for their patience and perseverance.
    This difficulty level (or game mode) is not for me. I don't have the patience and I definitely don't appreciate a game that requires me to memorize a script, script that is always the same.
    I prefer that the game surprises me, puts me in different situations. This is why I like to run open world on Heroic with a bunch of directives, and why I went back to D1 to play West Side Piers.

It not my cup of tea, but that other people enjoy it. In my simple mind the solution at hand is that I stay away from what I don't like, not to change it to my liking (which most likely won't be to others liking).
    For the same reasoning, each time there is a discussion about game changes, I always suggest additions to the current stuff - add another difficulty between Heroic and Legendary, for example.

• Whiskytex
    4 posts

Legendary is tough at first. But I and my clan mates roll through now with a wide variety of builds and all directives. Often times just with two of us. Hell, I've got friends who've done this stuff solo.

It may not be for you, and that's fine. But claiming it needs to be changed because you personally can't beat it is you just giving up.

• Corrupt.be
    1 posts

Legendary is basically crashing your head into several walls until you find a method through the madness. Once you find a method that works for you and your squad, it becomes something you can actually do quite consistently.

Each wave will sort of present you with a "problem" that you need to deal with quickly or things get out of hand.

• N3mB0t
    265 posts
    Each wave will sort of present you with a "problem" that you need to deal with quickly or things get out of hand.

i must say this a very good way to put it, 100% correct.

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

I remember when my friend and I tried the Capitol building for the first time, then we were forced by changas to the street and died immediately. now I run through the first part with a shotgun solo without problems

• xcel30
    264 posts

@imagine_brata don't remind me of getting stuck in that mission for more than 4 and a half hours, only to realise the group leader was using purple equipament and this was on the first week where the medic boxes were invincible pretty much (anyone remembers that gif of 4 DPS players shooting it and the thing healing faster than their damage?)

Suggested Topics