Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

I''m not even sure what they're for but I'll find out. I know I need a couple Hunter kills for a Ridgeway but I'm not sure I can finish this on challenging. Can or if I drop the the difficuly will I just get a weaker roll? I may not even use this stuff so I'm not sure if it will make any difference. I'm near 90 & been to 100 a couple of times on normal.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    310 posts

@Rodnaz

Parts: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/the-division-2/gameplay/article/unlocking-ridgeways-pride-projects-in-the-division-2/000079855

You can do the whole of the Summit on any difficulty and still get the Ridgeway Pride Exotic......

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

I'm [censored] with the Summit, and I have a question...
    I was on floor 58, ready to go to 80 to get the last piece for Ridgewaw's. Then a friend asked me to help him with floor 100. Done that, and I resumed my personal progress, found myself back to floor 1. [censored]?!
    Was it always like this??? If you do floor 100 in other player's session you reset to floor 1?
    Thanks

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

@oatiecrumble Yeah I'm not even sure I have acquired everything. All I know is the progress list says I need to kill 2 hunters everything else was checked off. This time I started on floor 30 so i'll find out.

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

@adrian-11 I'm not sure. Last time I left the summit on floor 99 needing two hunters. Time passed then recently & I started on floor 30. I thought it would automatically take me to 99 but it did not. Sometimes I'm not sure if it was the game or me that caused the problem.

• dagrommit
    786 posts

@adrian-11 yes, it saves the highest floor that you completed, regardless of session owner. As you finished 100, you went back to 1.

You can blame the people who didn't like the original "select the floor you want" design for that decision.

• Noxious81
    487 posts
    (...) Last time I left the summit on floor 99 needing two hunters. Time passed then recently & I started on floor 30. (...)

That does not sound like your mistake. Although I don't know what happened while "time passed" 😉 , completing floor 99 and reaching floor 100 both should create checkpoints from which you should be able to resume playing.

As dagrommit already explained, in case you completed floor 100 in any other session with any other player/host since then, this would have caused you starting from floor 1 again. Not 30. The only possibility here is that you maybe then joined another session and left it at floor 30. And.... totally forgot about all that happening... hum... 🤗 🙃

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@dagrommit

I can see it that you have to do floor by floor till 100 on your first ascent, some sort of "unlocking" floors mechanic, but after that I don't see the purpose of this limitation.
    I would be okay if the game let me choose whatever level I want after one full completion... which probably won't happen any time soon (if ever).
    So I guess I will have to matchmake and prey I will run into someone close to floor 60.

• xcel30
    414 posts

@adrian-11 Because at the current state floor 98 and floor 1 might as well be the same since you control all aspects of difficulty outside of the few bosses floors, so there's no point in letting you choose floor as people would just go to highest to speedrun and farm hunters

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@xcel30

For the same argument I don't see why not open up the choice of floors once you did it from bottom to the top.
    And what would be wrong with "farming" the hunters? They do not drop any special reward anyway, it's just a good fight (albeit, most of us use the same strategy every time).
    It's just an annoying chore to run through all the floors once again because you missed a piece.

• xcel30
    414 posts

@adrian-11 The hunters are meant to be the final challange it would be the same as asking for you to be able to spawn directly at any mission boss arena and restarting there to farm the bosses instead of having to play through all of them

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@xcel30

I see, you have a good point there. Even though the summit is quite different, can't do it in 10-15 minutes to the end.
    Well, at least don't reset the personal progress when you help others. What happens if you are in floor 99 and help some friends on floor 20? Are you now the lucky one that has to do 80 floors again? The answer seems to be YES...

• dagrommit
    786 posts
    What happens if you are in floor 99 and help some friends on floor 20? Are you now the lucky one that has to do 80 floors again? The answer seems to be YES...

Incorrect, it only saves the checkpoint if it's higher. You would keep the 99 floor checkpoint, while your friends would keep whatever checkpoint they completed with you.

• xcel30
    414 posts

@adrian-11 Yeah i understand it's a bit of a weird situation, but hey people hated being able to select floor if that meant they were locked to certain conditions, now all floors are the same and you select the difficulty so this one i blame the community

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

@dagrommit Well that did not go well. No adequate way to defend myself on challenging. This time I started on 30 because its a lot closer to 99. For what ever reason the game did not resume on 99. I had not been to the summit since then. The only reason that could have happened Is I mixed up my Toons. Its a maybe but the only way to know would be to start each one & I'm already at 99 now so what's the point. Well unless another one has better defense so I can be done with this. BTW the check list for the Ridgeway only shows for this player.

• dagrommit
    786 posts

@rodnaz if you're just trying to get the hunter kills for the project, run the remaining floors on normal. You can bump the difficulty immediately after finishing floor 99 if you're feeling particularly masochistic, but it's not necessary.

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

@dagrommit Tks, thats what I had in mind. This build, if you can call it that, is not what I run previously. Last night there wasn't an option to change difficulty. Hopefully after quitting there will be options.

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

@noxious81 I'm not sure what happened after time passed either. 🙂 It was probably a month or so & had not been back until I recently started on 30. At this point it doesn't matter Hopefully I'll finish it this time.

• LateNiteDelight
    539 posts

You could also just run the Schaefer mission twice 👩‍🏫

• Rodnaz
    Original poster 70 posts

@latenitedelight Is the Schaefer mission the one at Coney Island? I finished the Summit & did not get the Ridgeway. So I checked & found I used the wrong player. The check list showed I still need two hunters. I collected some of it on the way up (with the wrong player)😠 I'm not sure if all I need to do is kill two hunters or if I am missing something by starting at floor 30? AIR there was parts before floor 30. I'll probably never know what I overlooked & at this point not sure I even care.

Suggested Topics