ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ScarosZ
    Original poster 2 posts

Can we please have an option to remove armor visual effects, this was previously brought up for the huldfolk set, which i believe was rectified by removing the effect but now we have the same issue with the jormungandr set, the black smoke is way to heavy and looks ridiculous in cutscenes, while the armour looks amazing. It only appearing on armor skill activation would also be a good fix.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2311 posts

@scarosz Hey! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please provide us with a video or an image showing this and we will pass it on to the dev team.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • MissM16
    214 posts

@ubi-viral

Unfortunately, the smoke is back on the Huldufolk set as well. I bought it when it didn't have the effect and now I can't use it because it's so distracting and immersion breaking. I want to buy the Jormungandr set but sadly, that one is smoking as well 😞

Please remove the smoke from both sets or at least give us the option to toggle it off. Please? Here's a video of both sets...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the smoke effects on the Huldufolk and Jormungandr armour sets, @MissM16. I can confirm that these are working as intended. We'll forward your feedback about having the ability to toggle these effects to the development team for further consideration.

If a toggle feature is to be added into the game, this information will be shared via patch notes, so please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • waterbrid
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis i also would want to buy this set but unless the smoke effects can be removed or toggled, i don't see a reason to buy the set. This is a shame because besides from the effects, the set looks cool.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thanks for adding your comments on this one, @waterbrid - we really appreciate the feedback! I've passed your comments along as part of what's already been said, too.

I hope you've been enjoying Valhalla otherwise!

Official Response
  • andreeeees77
    2 posts

The topic is a little bit older now, but I'd also like an option to remove the visual effects of these two armor sets, because they look quite awesome and are the more realistic ones in this game. I bought them, because I thought they came without any effects, but they did. I love the AC series, but in this case, it's 40€ wasted for me. I would love to use these sets, the effects are unnecessary and ruin the appearance of two beautiful armors in my opinion, which are not even reskins or overloaded with golden ornaments.

Suggested Topics