Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Karmachaositgp
    Original poster 114 posts

Finally decided to try the dlc after not touching the game for a few months but I have over 310 plus hours in it already and honestly mostly let down and very disappointed in many aspects of the game. My opinions are just that my opinions. You don't have to agree with them but I'm entitled to them regardless. The combat feels even clunkier and more weighted then it did on release. That's not a good thing. I personally adored the og combat, it was precise, took patience and skill but origins, odyssey, and now Valhalla just have smash tactics that do not feel rewarding at all. Encountered first bug after initial conversation with sigfreid or whatever where I physically could not move eivor at all as he rode way on horse back while eivor stands there like a twit. Had to reload a save which seemed to work but honestly I'm so burnt out with the wrong very buggy direction with lack luster unimpressed paid content that I'm not going to bother finishing this mess. Every patch with this game has brought on more issues and some issues like the body guard defaulting to og gear for how many months did it take them to finally fix that? Many, too many. I will not even support ubisoft in any way because they can't even keep there house in order or monitor there forums for abuse properly it's just sickening. Especially after they announced The new full live service direction for the creed it's most definitely time to wash my hands and walk away from the series since it's not even recognizable as assassins creed any more other than name only. I hated all live service features they have forced on us. Not a fan at all. I will happily replay older games like splinter cell series and older creed games and older far cry games(not 5 just terrible) with great pleasure but nothing new that comes out of ubisoft is worth my time or my money. I have been consistently disappointed. Good bye ubisoft and thanks for all the fish!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DonReno2008
    1 posts

@karmachaositgp

At least you can play. The DLC...STILL hasn't shown up for me yet. 4days since release and I got nothing.

• Karmachaositgp

@donreno2008 That is true. So sorry you're having such a huge issue. That sucks.

• Karmachaositgp
    This post is deleted!
  • DogFacedBoys096
    18 posts

@donreno2008 i have the season pass and started the dlc but got stuck on a bug where the character is unresponsive to the mission which is kinda sad. Haven’t been able to play the story at all

• bielik01
    951 posts

@karmachaositgp I just completed it without any major bugs. I can say the tension was built up perfectly, but the siege itself was kinda... meh (*Fall back! Fall back!*).
    Mysteries were too naïve, I'd say. There was little to no effort needed to complete any of the mysteries. Black box missions on the other hand were amazing. I got lost in Palais de la Cité and Villa of Amiens. The complexity of those quests... go there, do that, or don't do it, think of something different... It needs some recognition 😄
    And to explore every possible outcome of those missions, a new game + is needed. I tried reloading last saves and do some things differently, but it's not the same.
    Last, but not least, if cavalry can ride horses and attack, so could Eivor, so why no one thought of improving mount skills with ability to use ranged and melee weapons?

• Karmachaositgp

@bielik01
    Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone else has to. There are always going to be some that do and some that don't. I won't give any recognition to pure trash in my 30 years of gaming experience. It's just more of the same old broken same from ubisoft. Nothing new there. It was poorly implemented and I'm not the only one that thinks or feels that way.

• SicariusXXVII
    27 posts

Good DLC for me, it feels more like an actual Assassin's Creed game, encouraging you to use stealth, find opportunities, special assassinations... And the story was engaging. I already finished the DLC 100% and didn't encounter any bugs. It was my favorite part of Valhalla so far.

• Tostharta
    1 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Karmachaositgp

@tostharta I didn't want resume lol it has no use to me what so ever lol I'm just stating my opinion and experience which obviously won't be identical to everyone and that's fine. At least some people liked it but I for one defiantly don't. I loved the first assassins creed and most of the others through syndicate. Unity was so buggy at launch and I hate the MP factor shoe horned into every game these days it ruins the experience for me. I love rpgs also but that doesn't mean every game has to be one. Nothing wrong with diversity in games.

• Karmachaositgp

@sicariusxxvii As I said not every one feels like it was good. Not everyone will feel as you do. The stealth has been completely broken in this game and the is dlc is no different. It is not a return to good form it is a poor shadow of itself.

• bielik01
    951 posts

@karmachaositgp I thought we were sharing here our experiences with Siege of Paris, but... it's not an airport, you don't have to announce your departure.
    I didn't write I liked the whole DLC, maybe it is unfinished (Île de la Cité is closed after the siege), but at least they tried different approach.
    I'm not trying to defend anyone, maybe they just didn't want to postpone it, again... and decided it's playable and good enough, and possible bugs would be fixed with future TU.
    I'm a developer myself so I kinda understand Ubisoft. But yeah... all in all they should give us a brilliant DLC, their quality of product is just average, not standing up to AAA title.
    Anyway, we're still the customers, we've bought it so we have every right to demand a flawless product, that's why we all are here.

• Karmachaositgp

@bielik01 I am entitled to my viewpoint. That's fine you don't agree with me. I don't need your personal attacks.

• bielik01
    951 posts

@karmachaositgp I'm not attacking anyone... but hey, you should be happy with these:

Ubisoft won't see even a penny from you.

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@sicariusxxvii the actual siege was a let down for me. You just walk in and it’s done. In Engeland you had to ram through gates,you had archers everywhere. Where did all that game play go? Wasn’t the worst dlc but could be way beter

• Karmachaositgp

@victoruchiha82 I think most players are feel disappointed and let down. Ubisoft for me at least just doesn't provide that value any more. Just because they force you to play 100+ hours now to finish the base game content doesn't mean it has value. I've played games that were shorter that felt way better but I also love games like ES oblivion and Mass Effect 1 so.

• victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@karmachaositgp I don’t think they can’t to it, the problem lies with trying to please everybody. Things get watered down. For example: to get the altair armour you had to collect keys out of tombs which was fun. Paris you had to collect 3 random keys that where just there. Ac needs to go back to being a patience game. Look a soulsborne games they don’t give a( colorful language) and still have a high fan base. Another perfect example is ghost it’s basically ac in japan

• Karmachaositgp

@victoruchiha82
    I know they can't obviously please everyone. I'm just one of the fans who didn't think there was that much wrong with the old style combat and parkour and stealth. It worked well together in my experiences. Origins would have been almost perfect if they kept the older combat and stealth/parkour( hidden blade actually kills) but had the bigger environment like they did which I liked, not that I don't like the smaller settings either but it's clear most games now just try to eat up all your time so you don't play anything else but there game. At least thats how it feels. That's why I despise live service games because there designed to get you to only focus on there one game and spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the same title. I actually really liked ghost of tushima. I liked horizons too. I was impressed by the reboot of god of war even though it varied quite a bit with gameplay to the older ones but felt like they stayed true to the lore.

• trashcangoober
    1 posts

Overall, this new paid DLC sucks. The movement through the city siege was horrid, fighting "the gate of Paris" took maybe 2 minutes at most while underpowered, Odo's house was just an annoyance, and the siege setup didn't really seem to matter. Overall all this $25 DLC did is make me no longer want to waste the space on my SSD this game takes up. No DLC or update has made enough of a positive change to justify everything they have broke.

Suggested Topics