ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tiger_AssAssN
    Original poster 4 posts

The aesthetic alone is bad.
    Using a mobile device is difficult, can't see or move screen well.
    It took 5 times hitting watchdogs before it worked instead sending me to division other 4.
    The old forum was better.
    Why can't you ubisoft jokers stick with what works instead of changing things every 5 months and breaking more than you ever fix.
    I understand why the forum is inactive now, you ruined it like you tend to ruin everything else. Listen to your fan base and not just the ones you pick and choose only utilize opinions of those with positive feedback. That is all goodbye

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• BonezOliver
    13 posts

@tiger_assassn I agree. This forum is disappointing. So many people who used to post everyday on the old forum didn't make the jump, and that's also disappointing. I enjoyed the community there and enjoyed reading everyone's posts (even if there was drama sometimes)...so yeah. This sucks. It's discouraged me from playing a bit.

• RobertEmerald
    129 posts

@tiger_assassn Agreed!

@bonezoliver I made the jump, but I rarely come here, because of the mew forum layout. I for one, hate it.

• RobertEmerald
    129 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Geric0nqueror
    5 posts

@robertemerald Yeah, a very confusing layout. They should look into it once again and do some serious rework. I mean, at this point the layout is more confusing than German grammar rules 😄

• A1R50FT-10
    475 posts

I couldn't agree more with everyone else. This new forum layout is very confusing, congested and unappealing.

I actually prefer the old forum layout which in comparison is simplistic and way more easier to navigate around.

I can't help but feel that the new forum is stressful to get used to. I think there is way too much content on the screen which is never a good thing in this context.

Ubisoft, how about listening to what the players want rather than making a mountain out of a molehill fixing things that aren't an issue in the first place? Surely there are issues that needed tending to that need to be prioritised over nonsense such as this.

• secretzrus
    2 posts

The new forums are hot garbage...why Ubisoft thought this was a good idea is beyond me. I can only imagine Ubisoft picked the absolute worst forums as a punishment and a deterrent to stop their customers from complaining so much as they did on the old forums. Make a forum so God awful, no one wants to stay on long enough to complain too much, and that gives the illusion that everyone is completely happy with the game, no complaints about it.

Also, speaking of this forum, I definitely won't be hanging around as much as I did on the old one unless this gets a dark or night mode. This is way too bright and just feeds into my theory that this choice of unlikable forums was completely on purpose, they knew it was bad.

• A1R50FT-10
    475 posts

@secretzrus

Hello, there is already a 'dark mode' option in the settings of the new forums.

If you click on the 3 dots in the top right corner, you'll see the display options where you can turn 'dark mode' on or off

• Legoguru2000
    9 posts

I've seen this before in my own business, where something is overhauled (ie like redecorating some room or place) because someone needs justification of their job so they convince the right execs that something has to be re-done when in fact there's nothing wrong with it. This new site is great if your goal is to encourage less engagement/feedback from your customers. They get frustrated trying to use it and just give up.

• peggymkane
    1 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • Tiger_AssAssN
    Original poster 4 posts

@tiger_assassn its so awful, it takes so long to accidentally be able to write something.

• Tiger_AssAssN
    Original poster 4 posts

I see ubi staff has moved my thread.
    So guess things will be same as before, unbecoming threads are made harder to find.
    General discussion, usually for customers to interact with each other and discuss opinions.
    It does no good to attempt ya know what, it doesn't matter. Ubisoft doesn't care about anything practical anyway.
    Well there ya go, showing nothing ngs changed.

• A1R50FT-10
    475 posts

@tiger_assassn

Hold up, where was the thread located in the first place?

Also, best believe that no threads will be transferred over from the old forum because Ubi wants a 'fresh start' on this forum! The cheek of it!

• A1R50FT-10
    475 posts

@tiger_assassn

Oh wait, nvm i re-read your message and got my answer.

Also, do you still play Legion?

• Buholzz123
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • RobertEmerald
    129 posts

@a1r50ft-10 Thank you for pointing that out. This at least helps in the visual department, even though everything else is still a poorly designed clustermuck.

• DV20Katana
    155 posts

I totally agree. Its extremely clunky and poorly designed. One very confusing thing is how EVERY post has a reply button underneath it. What does this mean? ideally it should collect all replies in ONE new post but it seems to generate a new one each time you want to reply to a comment.

There also seems to be no multi-quote option wither (I made my own post asking about that).

They went for looks before functionality. The old forums just WORK , are clear to navigate and load faster.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Hello everyone,

I apologise for the delayed reply to your posts. This thread looks to have been moved to the forum feedback section from another, and as such I'm only just seeing it for the first time now. I'll do my best to address your individual comments, and provide advice to help with any issues you have been experiencing. Regarding feedback, I'll be happy to pass this forward for the forum development team to consider as well once I have gathered any additional information or clarifications requested from you all.

@Tiger_AssAssN - Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the Discussions forums. Your thread was moved to this section as this is specifically for feedback on the Discussions forums themselves, which is what your thread concerns. As such, this is the best place to share your thoughts! 🙂

Can you please give more details as to what you would like to see improved in terms of the aesthetic? I'd also like to know whether your experience on mobile has improved since the recent forum updates released, as I am aware that the forum developers have been aiming to address several reported issues on mobile, including post writing and navigation? If not, or if there are other issues now impacting you, can you please clarify the type of device you are using, your OS version, and also the browser and its version number as well? Thank you! 🙂

@BonezOliver - I am sorry to hear that members of the community you were part of on our older forums may not have joined you here on Discussions - but maybe they will in time! Which forums were you a frequent poster in before?

@RobertEmerald - Would you be willing to tell me more about why you dislike the new forum layout? Which aspects specifically would you like to see improved?

@Geric0nqueror - Similarly to the above, could you please tell me more about what confuses you about the forum layout? Is it the navigation pathways, the design, or something else? I'm happy to pass forward any additional comments that you have to the development team for them to review.

@A1R50FT-10 - I'm sorry to hear that you find using Discussions potentially stressful. In terms of navigating around the forums, is it the appearance of the forums and subforums that you find congested and unappealing? What could we do to improve your experience here on Discussions? I'm happy to pass any additional feedback you have to the forum developers for their consideration. Regarding your later comment about threads, you are correct in that no content posted on the previous forum will be transferred. I apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this. Thank you in advance for any additional information that you provide!

@secretzrus - What specifically do you dislike about the new Discussions forums? Is it the appearance, how you interact with content, or something else? By the way, we do have a dark mode that you can enable from the right-hand meatball (...) menu, just above the "List View" option (which condenses post / thread cards to create a more "traditional" looking forum experience). I hope that that helps improve your experience!

@Legoguru2000 - Thank you for your reply on this thread. Can you please tell me more about why you find using Discussions frustrating? What improvements do you believe the forum developers could make in order to streamline and improve your experience? I'm happy to forward any additional comments that you have. Thanks!

@DV20Katana - Thank you for your reply to this thread. Each post has a "reply" button so that you are able to reply to a specific post if you wish. When posted, the reply to the overall thread is shared in its chronological place, while also being linked to the post you replied to (you can expand the replies to read them directly from the post in question that you replied to). I hope that this helps clarify the feature for you. Regarding multi-quoting, as you've mentioned creating a separate thread for this, I would prefer to address it there in order to keep this thread relevant and on-topic.

Thank you all again! 🙂

Official Response
  • A1R50FT-10
    475 posts
    Hello everyone,

I apologise for the delayed reply to your posts. This thread looks to have been moved to the forum feedback section from another, and as such I'm only just seeing it for the first time now. I'll do my best to address your individual comments, and provide advice to help with any issues you have been experiencing. Regarding feedback, I'll be happy to pass this forward for the forum development team to consider as well once I have gathered any additional information or clarifications

@A1R50FT-10 - I'm sorry to hear that you find using Discussions potentially stressful. In terms of navigating around the forums, is it the appearance of the forums and subforums that you find congested and unappealing? What could we do to improve your experience here on Discussions? I'm happy to pass any additional feedback you have to the forum developers for their consideration. Regarding your later comment about threads, you are correct in that no content posted on the previous forum will be transferred. I apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this. Thank you in advance for any additional information that you provide!
    Thank you all again! 🙂

Hi Woofer, it is the appearance that is unappealing and congested. I have only accessed the forums via mobile

Regarding me being logged out all of the time, i am caught in an annoying cycle. I click on the top right corner to sign in and log in successfully. When i am navigated back to the forum, i get signed out again without clicking anything. I know this is the case because my account has a profile picture and the icon that appears in the top right is just a grey icon of a person. This issue means I cannot access any notifications linked to my account. I have to try at least 3-4 times to log into my account just for it to work with no issues.

As for the cookie issue, i have consented multiple times with cookies being used for this site however the problem is at your end because your website asks every 3 times i visit. I find that this issue is persistent when i personalise cookie consent i.e when I refuse consent for multimedia cookies to be used

• Very_Melon
    2 posts

These new forums can be used as a perfect illustration of "form over function", i.e. how NOT to design UIs.
    I can see 3,5 threads on full screen bowser window. on the thread list view.

Suggested Topics