ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Troopercooper80
    Original poster 68 posts

Bought the remastered version of AC Rogue for (or on) series X.

Played for a while, quit to main menu, quit to Home Screen.
    Home screen lags and stutters like really really badly untill I fully remove the game from memory. (Meaning menu button on thumbnail for AC Rogue, use quit at the bottom of the list to remove it out of the background memory)

Soon as I do that, stutter is gone.

Playing on 1080p / FPS boost on, on a.. I think it’s a AW2521HFL alienware monitor (240hz IPS monitor with amd premium freesync / gsync compatible)

No other game causes this kind of strange console behavior far as I can tell.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@troopercooper80 Hi there,

Sorry to hear you experienced this. Would you be able to answer a few questions so we can get to the bottom of it for you?

• Are you able to see if this happens every time the game is launched and then closed?
    • Is it possible for you to also turn of the FPS boost and see if this has any impact?

Are you also able to follow our basic Series X troubleshooting to see if this has any impact:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000080996

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Troopercooper80
    Original poster 68 posts

@ubi-nacho It happens every single time I launch and close the game, stops the moment I fully “quit” the game out of background memory.
    I have not yet tried FPS boost off, ill reply again when I tried that.

Nothing wrong with the series X, I looked at every option available.

The only thing I managed to try and made a difference is 3D background on the homescreen, makes it a lot (like as if the console is about to crash) worse.

A normal static background for the homescreen makes it considerably less bad, but still noticable.

For now my conclusion is that it has to do with the gpu and its memory, as if the game remains “stuck” in gpu memory.
    It would, I think, explain why a 3D background causes even more laggy behavior untill I use the Quit option, compared to a static background.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@troopercooper80 Thanks so much for trying these steps and getting back us with an update.

If FPS boost does not make a difference we may need to do further troubleshooting from there.

Thanks again for the detailed report on the investigation you've done so far.

Official Response
  • Troopercooper80
    Original poster 68 posts

@ubi-nacho

Far as I can tell, turning off FPS boost makes no difference or very very little.
    So that doesn’t seem to be the main issue.

There is nothing else I can do on my end.

• Troopercooper80
    Original poster 68 posts

To add further, I tested several times with FPS boost on and off.

Off does make more of a difference I have to say.
    the Homescreen doesn’t lag nearly as much, it’s still there! But less.

So somehow FPS boost is messing something up unless I fully quit the game?
    Hope there will be a fix, but considering the age of this game.. I fear not.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@troopercooper80 Thank you for that information! Have you also tried to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that makes any difference?

Official Response

Suggested Topics