Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• L3AND80
    Original poster 41 posts

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

im guessing we are all old (ish) around here , at least the ones that do this as a daily thing.

• Noxious81
    307 posts

I thank you SO MUCH for making the range "31 to 40" instead of "30 to 39" – that actually makes me feel a bit younger now 😄

• Adrian-11
    584 posts

Curious too, this is a good idea.
    Ubi should take a peak as well, maybe they can draw some learnings.

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

@adrian-11

UBI and LEARN in the same sentence ? thanks for the laugh!

• Adrian-11
    584 posts

@n3mb0t

Oh, man... involuntary humor, the worst type of humor.
    If you want more, have a look at this thread Player Support (linked below), don't bother with the videos, just read the conversation. Priceless, I tell you.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/102210/warlords-of-new-york-invisible-walls-pc?lang=en-US

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

51 here. and played professionally quake and unreal tournament in the 90s to 2004

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

not related to the thread directly but i find nice how in this forum likes and votes aren´t anonimous, nice because its a good break from the norm , takes away a bit of that internet cover that people use to be what they wouldnt be in other situations in life , not that much here , but its a start .

• Oatiecrumble
    285 posts

I'm 50 and chose 51 or more because i feel more like 60+😏

• Imagine_Brata
    152 posts

@oatiecrumble 50 is just kids age . 😛

• Oatiecrumble
    285 posts

@Imagine_Brata my back says different 😆

• L3AND80
    Original poster 41 posts

Amazing...

...that's all I can say from the result so far.

As for the formatting of the survey, I don't know what happened, as I had placed the options in the correct order, but at the time of posting it was messed up like this.

• Deltium
    4 posts

@l3and80 - Ubisoft should really take note of the demographic data here. Several polls similar to this have been done in the past, and it consistently showed a solid majority of players that were 30 or older, with a slim majority over 40, as this poll is indicating at the moment of this post.

• L3AND80
    Original poster 41 posts

@deltium Yes, despite being a small sample rate, I already imagined that most players were over 30 years old, but the amount of players over 50 is surprising to me, this type of survey should be done by Ubisoft in all its games to learn more about the target audience of that game, having an idea about the age of an audience of a certain game can help you make decisions that make your games better for this target audience, which are precisely those who will be the first to buy the game maybe even in pre-order, to continue to believe in the developer's promises of improvements, buy DLCs and keep the game alive for as long as possible until its sucessor arrives, which is what most of us are doing right now.

I think The Division audience, although the sample rate of the survey is small in the universe of The Division players, it is a more mature audience (over 30), but only Ubi can confirm this and this type of information can help a lot in the development of The Division 3, because imagine that in the development team there is someone who has the brilliant idea of wanting to "innovate" and thinks about developing the game thinking of the younger ones (maximum 30), then we will have a similar The Division with those mobile games: all colorful, no mechanics, just exaggerated action, but not The Division action (challenging) but a very easy one where your character destroys several enemies with an absurd ease along with a show of colors and lights on the screen... and from this type of game, I want distance.

• Noxious81
    307 posts
    (...) this type of survey should be done by Ubisoft in all its games to learn more about the target audience of that game, (...)

Oh I'm pretty sure that Ubisoft – and other publishers – so no way more then just the age about their customers. And they don't need surveys for this at all...

(...) then we will have a similar The Division with those mobile games: (...)

I'm afraid we're closer to this comparison as one might like. Because "older gamers" might not be the primary target group if it comes to such expensive AAA games that want to live from ingame microtransactions.

all colorful, no mechanics, (...)

The apparel including all the gear and weapons dyes is already pretty colorful, isn't it? And speaking of mechanics... well... since the launch of TD2 a lot of mechanics got stripped off to have less mechanics. As desired by large/loud parts of the community (e. g. removing the negative stats on weapon mods, changing how attributes work, reducing the number of talents on gear and weapons, removing the requirement of a certain number of core attributes for unlocking talents – even making the game easier in easier results in crippling mechanics like using cover or LoS correctly).

just exaggerated action, but not The Division action (challenging) but a very easy one where your character destroys several enemies with an absurd ease (...)

Again, some changes already have moved TD2 at least a bit more into the direction of pure shooter, away from rather tactical approaches or from its design as a cover-based shooter. Such as making the enemies weaker all across the board, giving the players totally op items like Memento and Scorpio that make run&gun shield builds annihilating enemies even on challenging and heroic difficulty, or buffing skill builds with the Waveform, the Capacitor, Empress, and Rigger with which close to no experience or tactics are required in order to play the game's hardest content.

Compared to how difficult TD2 was right after its launch, I am really missing how actually challenging the game was. And I think that most of those changes happened because a rather younger playerbase was looking for a more casual gaming experience.

• N3mB0t
    267 posts

@noxious81

its safe to assume that its the younger audience that usualy want things as dumbed down and micheal bayed as possible , but just like you said UBISOFT knows exactly the average age of their customer base for any given game , so if they know this and they still dumbed this one down it was because the aparent older player base for this game also wanted it to be like that , not me, not you, but like you said a significant and vocal part of the player base.

• L3AND80
    Original poster 41 posts

@noxious81 and @N3mB0t

I agree with both, but in my opinion, The Division 2 started to become more "playable" for the vast majority on March 3, 2020.

That is, although some veteran players may have some blame (maybe they asked for something and the developer understood as: "make this easier"), the change started on the date I mentioned, of course it's just my opinion, stay the willingness to disagree.

• tcarlisle2012
    77 posts

The results do not surprise me by much.

This forum has become quite a lot less toxic and a lot more helpful, and I would attribute that to the work of the CM's, the volunteer mods, and mostly to the maturity and positive examples that most of the forum members exhibit.

• Rodnaz
    61 posts

@adrian-11 Its in new yawk & its been there since the beginning of time. Usually I just shoot myself in the foot before approaching support!

• Rodnaz
    61 posts

I tried clicking the under 50 button & it laughed at me😆

Suggested Topics