Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SquiSquiSquidio
    Original poster 3 posts

After installing the Paris DLC, I am no longer able to pet cats. I am in Evreux trying to get the Pat the Cat achievement and I get no prompt to pick up or pet cats.
    Things I have already tried:
    Fast travel away then back, shoot near cat to wake up them up when in a ball, meditating, quit and restart game, clear cache. Nothing has worked.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 342 posts

Really appreciate you reporting this to us, @squisquisquidio - I'd really like to investigate! Can you answer the questions below for me?

• Would you be able to get me a screenshot or a short video showing the prompt missing?
    • Just to double-check, are you playing on PC?
    • Have you tried multiple cats?

Thanks, looking forward to your response 😎

Official Response
  • SquiSquiSquidio
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-thrupney I just discovered what the problem was. You cannot pet cats while your hood is up for some reason. Put it down and the prompt reappeared. I have video of it not appearing with the hood UP if that helps 🙂

• MrzGhoul
    2 posts

Thopy about interact for all the cats in Evreux, don't work. I try with all cats, but not show any button of interact.

• bielik01
    873 posts

@mrzghoul I believe I also noticed this, I couldn't let any animal in Paris.

• guest-1AcnKoGM
    1 posts

@mrzghoul same, even in ravensthorp, as of today

• Garbo3
    778 posts

You can't interact with the cats if you got the hood on,unequip it and then you can.

• Ozzyando
    26 posts

Hello I am unable to interact with the cats to unlock the trophy Pat the cats?

I have meditated, saved, fast traveled and still no luck?

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@ozzyando are you wearing the hood,if so unequip it,you can't interact with the cats with the hood on

• cavveman
    84 posts

@ozzyando

Try to shoot an arrow just next to a cat. It should react to it.

• MrzGhoul
    2 posts

@garbo3 Thanks, I will try your tip. 😄

• bielik01
    873 posts

@garbo3 it helped me, now the trophy is mine 😄

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bielik01 Glad to know 😊

• Ozzyando
    26 posts

@garbo3 thanks mate I will this out later on

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 377 posts

@ozzyando Hey there! Please let me know if either of these workarounds seem to help with this issue. If not, would you send over a video clip of you not being able to pet the cats? Do you also know if you've been able to pet them before the latest update? Thanks!

Official Response
  • Ozzyando
    26 posts

@ubistorm I can pet any cats or dogs in the game but when I travel to the location of Evesin I can’t interact with them.
    I will try these suggestions people made later on and get back to you. Thanks

• Ozzyando
    26 posts

@garbo3 thanks heaps mate removing my hood allowed me to pat the cats

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together a couple of threads about being unable to pet all the cats in Evreux. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had trouble patting all the cats. As shared by @SquiSquiSquidio and @Garbo3, please can you make sure that your hood is down when you're trying to interact with the cats. You may otherwise encounter trouble trying to pick up our feline friends 🐈

If you're still unable to interact with the cats whilst your hood is down, please can you send us a video which demonstrates this issue in-game? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bon0me
    4 posts

the option to interact with cats isn’t triggering making it impossible to get the trophy

• bielik01
    873 posts

@bon0me check if you're not wearing the hood.
    It's impossible to interact with cats with hood on.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics