ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Markusz88
    Original poster 15 posts

Hey there,

I lost 2 hours of progress and was advised to turn off cloud saving. I turned it off in Uplay it self, but when I check the list of saves in my load screen, I still see that it makes saves to the cloud. How can I turn it off 100%. I don't wanna lose anymore progress!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

Having the same issue here. Mine has been off since May and still it cloud saves. Tried getting help on these forums, but no response yet... Hope you have better luck.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/98348/cloud-save-settings-not-respected-by-ac-valhalla?lang=en-US
    I would guess playing offline is the only way around it.

• Markusz88
    Original poster 15 posts

@lemmie88 Could it be you have to start the game in "new game" before it works or something?

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@markusz88 I doubt it, but I haven't found anything else that works. So, it's worth a try!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5577 posts

Hello there @Markusz88 & @lemmie88!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered some trouble when trying to disable cloud saves. I've taken a closer look at this, and it looks like cloud saves cannot be permanently disabled without playing offline. This is due to the cross-progression support for Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. When you create a manual save, a copy of your save should be saved to your local disc as well as being uploaded to the cloud. This means that in the case of a degradation or outage of Ubisoft services, you can continue playing with your local save.

To my knowledge, the only way to truly prevent your save from being uploaded to the cloud would be to play offline, as an online connection is required for a save to be uploaded.

If you are concerned about losing progress due to corrupted cloud saves, I would recommend that you make regular manual saves, as these will be saved to your local disk. You can also then back these up manually.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Markusz88
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-borealis Hey there, Thank you for your response. I had made A LOT of manual saves, aside from the quicksaves and the cloud saves. None of them workek. That is 22 saves I had and tried, which all didn't work. The ONLY one that did work, was the last save "Episode Save 1". It only set me back 2 hours, but since I could skip the dialogue now I was back in an hour.

Anyhow, it is good to know it is impossible to do so unless you play offline, now I don't have to look for it and can just deal with it how it is.

Just want to say, AMAZING GAME! Thanks again!

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 855 posts

Hey @markusz88,

Thank you for your update,

It is great to hear that you identified a save that got you back up and running.

Thank you for your your kind words also, it is great to hear you are enjoying the game, thank you for your feedback!

Official Response

Suggested Topics