ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AnnaMuza
    2 posts

Stop writing bu11shit like "this is something that is being actively investigated". You haven't done ANYTHING for a YEAR (!), and now you just removed the setting of achievement notifications from the overlay. Just tell us if you are not going to return this function and we will delete your sh1tty launcher. Such a disrespect for players, shame on you.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1080 posts

Hello, everyone. I sincerely apologize for the frustration this has caused you. Our teams are looking into this and we appreciate everyone's feedback about the frustration this has caused you.

Official Response
  • DragonAlex1
    9 posts

There is a new platform and still they do not rly care (it would be already fixed if they would) and just want us to be silent!
    I refuse to buy and play any more game from Ubisoft till we get In-Game-Achievements back!
    And this is the only way Ubisoft will hear us, if no one will buy any longer a game from them. Because they only care for shop-problems, not Problems we players have!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2482 posts

@dragonalex1990 I can assure you that we do care about problems outside of just the store. We have passed on all the feedback about this issue to the team responsible for Ubisoft Connect and will share any updates coming to Ubisoft Connect whenever we can.

Official Response
  • FreakyDan
    3 posts

@ubi-froggard

Then why no fix or an explanation for over a year? This should be a easy and top priority fix.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2482 posts

@FreakyDan We can only provide information + feedback on features to the dev team and can only provide information / updates on the forums when we have it from them.

Ubisoft Connect continuously receives updates and changes, but we don't know what is being worked on for each update and when it will be released until we have patch notes just before a release, at which time we will share it on the forums in the News and Announcements section.

Official Response
  • actRaiser1452
    11 posts

Yeah, I have that issue here as well. I actvate the "take a screenshot when unlocking an achievement" thing, at least the screenshot notification show up, so I know when I unclock the achievement, just don't know what achievement 🙂

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2814 posts

Thank you for sharing this nifty trick you use as a workaround @actraiser1452 , it's appreciated!

We don't have any further information at the moment, but will let you know as and when more is available!

Official Response
  • the_jarebear
    12 posts

While I appreciate responses from Ubi staff, I still don’t understand why we can’t get an official explanation for why achievements were taken out and why they haven’t returned.

The functionality is already there. This should be an easy fix.

What was the reason for removing them in the first place? Console versions will always have them. I understand that challenges were meant to be the new focus on PC but that doesn’t work for older games and it still hurts no one to leave the achievement tracking on PC even with challenges. If anything this would encourage people
    buying console and PC copies of a game. Everyone profits.

If achievements haven’t returned by FC6 release then I’m out. No thanks. I’ll buy it used for PS5.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2814 posts

Hello @the_jarebear ,

Thank you for getting in touch, may we please know more about what you're referring to here?

Achievements have not been removed from titles or Ubisoft Connect, rather the notifications don't always pop up once they've been earned, which is what the team are looking into.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla still has PC achievements and while the notifications may not appear, achievements can still be unlocked for legacy titles which still have them.

The notification issue is being addressed as a performance issue / bug and isn't something that has been actively / consciously removed.

We don't have further information available regarding the ongoing investigation, however when there is an update we will share it here.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Justin-Wood
    7 posts

@ubi-theberry Just to clarify, it isn't just achievement notifications that aren't working, but that Ubisoft Connect's in-game overlay does not feature a tab that allows us to view our achievements, both unlocked and locked. This feature already existed in the previous Ubisoft Club/Uplay in-game overlay, and while the desktop client itself does still feature the achievement list, there's no conceivable reason why the player should need to alt-tab to check on their achievement progress.

To reiterate, there are two (2) issues.

1. Achievement notifications do not display when achievements are completed.
    2. The Ubisoft Connect In-Game Overlay does not have an achievement list for players to view their accomplishments, despite this being a feature that existed in previous iterations of the client.

The second issue, along with incorrect comments made by staff regarding their removal a year ago, along with the fact that both of these issues have remained for a year now, and have required us to explain the subject to staff multiple times, all contribute to why folks feel like this was, if not an active or concious decision, a mistake that isn't being acknowledged despite it being something that should be relatively simple to fix. From an outside perspective, I cannot imagine this would take more than a few weeks of work, and that's being generous.

Can you please confirm that the issues I listed above are understood?

• the_jarebear
    12 posts

@justin-wood Exactly.

Not having achievements pop in-game (a basic feature of literally every other platforms a feature that previously existed) and no in-game achievement tracking (which also previously existed) takes away the very rewarding nature of achievements themselves.

I appreciate staff engagement on the subject, but I find the lack of progress (going over a year now) disturbing.

Why did they remove in-game achievement goodness, and why won’t they give it back? What harm does it do?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2552 posts

Hello @justin-wood, thank you for your message.

In reply to the two issues that you have listed, I apologize if this was not made clear before, we are aware of both of these issues through the player feedback we have received >

Issue 1 > Notifications not being displayed when an achievement has been completed
    Issue 2 > Players requesting the Achievements section to be accessible from the in-game overlay.

We do have a new update to share however - The decision was made by the Connect team to keep notifications disabled and from popping up when an achievement is gained. The same applies to the achievements not being visible in Connect when in-game.

The reasons made to remove these features are not known to us, we do not have visibility of why this decision was made, but we continue to pass reports on from our forums, to our Connect team, to show how players would like both of these features added to the launcher in a future update.

Official Response
  • Deatheater81
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry Any info?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2552 posts

Hello @deatheater81 thanks for getting back in touch with us.

We do have new information on this issue, it was decided that achievement notifications should actually be disabled whilst in-game, so when you pass the requirements for the challenge, the achievement notification will no longer pop up on the screen.

We will however pass your feedback onto the Connect team on how you would prefer to have the feature re-enabled.

Official Response
  • CrimsonianChin
    2 posts

@ubi-milky

Well... that sure is something. No point in using a launcher that proceeds to take steps backwards and has almost no communication with its own support staff or customers.
    Disappointing as always Ubisoft.

• the_jarebear
    12 posts

@crimsonianchin

Extremely disappointing. The lack of in-game achievement goodness really destroys my experience.

• Justin-Wood
    7 posts

@ubi-milky You've got to be kidding me. We've spent a year asking for information on this and not only is the answer we get negative, but it took a YEAR to give us this answer? This is absolutely ridiculous. You can tell the Connect team, Christ, I'm going to try and remain cordial, but they need to get their heads out of their rear ends, because if it took them a YEAR to give that as an answer, then I frankly can't trust them to do anything to any level of competence at this point.

EDIT: Coming back to this in the morning, I'd like to make it clear that my frustration and anger is directed squarely at the Connect development team themselves, and not the support staff. You're the proverbial messengers in the matter here, and while it's frustrating to continue to get more or less template responses to these issues, I think everyone here understands that your hands are tied. I thank the support staff for continuing to monitor, respond, and communicate our displeasure to the development team.

Along with my prior message, I'd like to also pass along that this issue is not resolved, and I sincerely hope that the "explanation" provided to the community by way of the support staff was not considered to be grounds to close the topic.

• MindaugasXLTU
    3 posts

Wow really? So how on Earth are we supposed to know when we earn the achievement? Close game, check and get back? That is "REALLY" comfortable way...

• socomripper
    1 posts

Go on ubisoft connect - settings - notifications check on enable desktop notifications - Show notifications when : and mark on " An achiviement is earned " so you know when you have unlocked an achiviement 🙂

Suggested Topics