ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FreakyDan
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry

Please ask the devteam drop by this forum and explain the dumb decision to remove the achivement notifications.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hey @freakydan thanks for your post.

We have made our Connect team aware of this thread, we continue to update the team on players' feelings and thoughts about Achievements not being visible in-game or by pop-up, whilst Ubisoft Connect challenges do have this functionality, thank you for your comments. We will update you in these forums should the Connect team reach out to us with further information.

Official Response
  • SurferSlayaPKR
    4 posts

This has been a problem since the new overlay came about over a year ago. I and many others have been providing feedback about the lack of achievement notifications after the overlay change. It’s been the same response since. Those in charge of these decisions think removing achievements from the overlay is a good idea and instead you’ll have to exit the game and open up the client to see any achievements, basically achievements obsolete.

I used to enjoy achievement hunting, seems Ubisoft does not want me to anymore, thus I’ve refused to purchase any new games from their client. I only purchase from steam now because steam has achievements. I’ll happily wait until Ubisoft puts their games on steam. Otherwise, I’ll spend my $$ elsewhere.

• Blackwolfe5
    22 posts

@surferslayapkr Yeah, it's pretty sad that this has been an issue a lot of people have had since the start and it has been pretty much ignored. Uplay, come back, all is forgiven.

I'm betting the connect team has been aware of this for quite some time now and yet we've seen nothing done about it. Not that Milky (who is just the messenger) can do anything about it. It's just the connect team that needs to get their stuff together.

• DevGlen7
    2 posts

Another annoyed customer here 👋

I have recently been replaying the whole AC series.

Revelations was the first game that introduced achievements into the Ubisoft PC world (Even though they existed for AC1,2&B on Xbox/PS 🙄). The older games are still using the legacy overlay which works perfect with accessing achievements from the in-game overlay + popping up when earning those achievements.

I have just moved onto AC3 (Remastered, which is using the new Connect overlay due to it being a newer release) and I thought they had scrapped achievements for the release completely as I couldn't see them in the overlay! Turns out, after reading this thread, it's just Ubisoft being lazy and skipping adding the functionality for these to be viewed in-game / showing notifications.

Can you not just listen to your community and prioritize what we want and not what you want? I'm sure you would gain a whole lot more respect and it would actually improve these systems, as these are the features people expect for a basic working system.

Fix these problems Ubisoft and earn back your fans ❤

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4064 posts

Hi @surferslayapkr @Blackwolfe5 @DevGlen7 Thank you for your feedback.

As my colleague Ubi-Milky previously advised we have made our Connect team aware of this thread and any other feedback that we have received about the achievements not being visible in-game or by pop-up.

We have no further information at this time, however we will update you should the Connect team contact us.

Official Response
  • the_jarebear
    12 posts

@devglen7

Well said…and it should be repeated that achievement tracking and notifications were already there. Uplay launcher had them. It was specifically removed when Ubi Connect rolled out.

no justification for this

• DevGlen7
    2 posts

@the_jarebear Exactly, even when you go into Ubisoft Connect settings and go to the notifications section, the list of checkboxes includes one relating to achievements, so it must have been planned 😕

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

Hey @DevGlen7 @the_jarebear at the moment we are still waiting for an update from the Ubisoft Connect team. Once we receive this we will provide an update here.

We appreciate the feedback that you have provided though so thank you for this.

Official Response
  • Justin-Wood
    7 posts

@ubi-viral So we can expect a Connect team member to stop by in the near future? I'd ask that they be gently encouraged to come in with an open mind and be willing to consider things from our point of view. And that they have an explanation for why it's taken this long to get this acknowledged by them, much less actually have them speak to us.

• OpticPrune83
    1 posts

I also want to chime in here and voice my support for re-instating achievement notification pop-ups and the overlay, cause why would PC get singled out like this? Ostensibly this feature still exists on other platforms. If we're not notified of the achievement unlock, why even have achievements at all? You're just asking people to do more work for what should be a nice, breezy additional game feature.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts
    @ubi-viral So we can expect a Connect team member to stop by in the near future? I'd ask that they be gently encouraged to come in with an open mind and be willing to consider things from our point of view. And that they have an explanation for why it's taken this long to get this acknowledged by them, much less actually have them speak to us.

Hi there, apologies I worded my messaging wrong. We are waiting for an update from them and we will provide this update here.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Deatheater81
    3 posts

@ubi-milky So after almost a YEAR of people complaining about this issue you tell us that it was intentional without a reason why, and people have been asking and your response has just been "we don't know, we'll let you know as soon as we have more information" just to tell us again after a YEAR that thechange was intentional WHY?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! It's just plain dumb that you remove a feature that people enjoy, it's even more disgusting and feels like a kick in the nuts when the new AC valhalla update even says "For the achievement hunters, you can unlock two new trophies -- Spelunker and Crypt-ologist -- by completing one and three Tombs of the Fallen, respectively."
    WHY DOU YOU GIVE US NEW ACHIEVE,ENTS AND EVEN ADRESS US ACHIEVEMENT HUNERS DIRECTLY IF WE CANNOT EVEN KNOW WHEN WE GET THE DAMN ACHIEVEMENTS, UBISOFT INCOMPETENCE IS JUST REDICULOUS AN I'M MAD.

• S1NN3R86
    2 posts

@ubi-karl Wow ..after all this time , still no notifications pop up for achievements. How ridiculous, how hard can it be to implement an option to have it show achievements pop up in game ? Makes achievements almost pointless If they're not showing up . Really disappointing that such a simple feature hasn't been fixed .it used to work properly when it was Uplay. Why make it worse?

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @deatheater81 @S1NN3R86 I can understand your frustration and can only apologise for the inconvenience caused.

As mentioned previously, the Ubisoft Connect team decided that the achievement notifications should be disabled.

We have received a lot of feedback from players who would like to see the achievement notifications enabled and the Ubisoft Connect team are aware of this.

Official Response
  • D3rpy652
    1 posts

@ubi-keo Still no pop ups or even an option to turn it on/off? Acknowledgement is great but we've still not seen a shred of evidence that this will ever be an option in the future.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @d3rpy652 and welcome to the forums.

As I mentioned previously, the feedback that we have received has been passed on to the Ubisoft Connect team.

We have no further information at this time.

Official Response
  • DragonAlex1
    9 posts

@ubi-viral Than we have the same situation like from a year before...
    You tell us that you have passed on our problems and are waiting for an answer... but the "Connect-Team" doesn't care it seems!
    And this is the true reason because it is not in the known issues thread, because this is made by the "connect-Team" itself, what they are planing to do, isn't it that case?

I finally thought we are rly one step forward, but as more time passes by and there is still no one in charge who does regocnize this problem, we are doomed to stay in this situation forever...
    I rly would like to play your new games... but not like this... such a shame...

• A Former User
    0 posts

I know this issue has been sent to the team, but I would just like to say that I really miss this feature and hope that it gets added back soon at the very least as a toggle in the settings.

I was going to purchase Valhalla in the current sale, but checked to see if achievement pop-ups were re-enabled first. Because they aren't, I'm going to hold off on my purchase of the game. It may sound silly, I but I enjoy working on achievements and seeing when I earn them.

• HammerIonut2000
    4 posts

@dinotroc I don't think it's silly. I like to unlock achievements too. There are a lot of gamers who enjoy it. Too bad we can't do it properly because of this problem 😞

Suggested Topics