Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

I’m repeatedly experiencing an issue where my weapon DMG randomly changes? For weapons crafted, looted and rewarded. I don't add or take away any mods, change gear etc. All it takes is for me to view my inventory then close it down, run a few meters then bring up my inventory again and scroll through my gear, view gear, return to main inventory menu then DMG of primary weapon changes from 98K then to 75K. Also DMG of turret and drone changes to an minus figure, another works read -97,212 not 97,212

To try and resolve the issue I have;

1. Logged out of game and carried out an hard rest of console, disconnected and reconnected power supply to console.

2. Started a new character [4th] which is not a boosted character [yes you are correct to surmise I have deleted 3 characters and started again, in fact I have another 2 new boosted character at lvl 40 with the same issue]

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled game.

None of the above have been successful in resolving this issue and to be honest it is a real killer due to amount of kit, weapons [including exotics] lost through deletion of characters [which ????S] let along the amount of time wasted having to level up new characters.

Unfortunately it’s now got to the stage where I would appreciate some input from Ubisoft to confirm why this is happening repeatedly as it’s frustrating beyond belief.

I really love this game but I’m on the point of giving up with this game. It’s all fine for awhile then BOOM it starts again, reason unknown.

Looking forward to hear from someone.

Many thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    385 posts

Hello @galwar ,

one thing first, in case you ever want or need to delete a character again:

(...) a real killer due to amount of kit, weapons [including exotics] lost through deletion of characters (...)

You can store every item of a character in your stash. This stash is accountwide and when deleting only a character, everything in your stash remains untouched. You can store gear, weapons, skill and gear mods in your stash.

But now for your problem:
    Could you share a screenshot of your build and character with the different stats showing? Depending on what gear you are running we might be able to find a reason for those numbers changing. Without actually having seen anything it's rather hard to tell from afar what kind of problem you are experiencing...

Another suggestion:
    Have you checked your damage numbers at the shooting range? Yes, for some purposes this thing is bugged – but for checking whether the damage output of a gun changes from one second to another it's good enough. Or you could maybe compare the numbers from the shooting range with the ones in your inventory to figure out, whether they are correct or not?

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

@galwar Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing irregularities with your weapon damage.

Can you provide a brief video showing your build and the weapon damage fluctuating between different numbers?

Official Response
  • galwar
    Original poster 8 posts
  • galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

@noxious81

Many thanks for the input/help, it is greatly appreciated. I did think of doing this but I was worried the bug/issue might transfer to new character via weapons. Is weird though.

I will try ur recommendation re shooting range.

Thanks

• galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-swaggins

Just noticed, DMG changes when I view a piece of gear that has been recalibrated. In this video I view gloves and DMG changes I did change the core attributes, but in saying I did viewed Backpack which also has attributes changed. If you need me to try anything then message me or contact me via my registered email address.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au2od2Lgjp8nghJySfwfzly_lOZx

EDIT, this video was taken after uninstalling and reinstalling the game etc.

• Noxious81
    385 posts

Ok, this is getting interesting.

Usually expiring buffs can cause changing numbers. But especially in the first seconds of your second clip I can see, that you don't have any buffs active. Your armor is full, no bonus armor, and your skills are both on cooldown (all of which can also change damage numbers). So that seems to be fine.

And when you check your inventory I realized a few interesting things:

Number 1 is, that the damage numbers of your Glory Daze (which is also an AR, just for a better comparions) does stay the same all the time. So this seeeeeems to be an issue only with the Capacitor.
    Number 2 is, that when hovering over kneepads with a blue core attribute (also in your second video, at 0:46) the game on the lefthand side shows us that when swapping to those blue'ish kneepads the primary damage (so your Capacitor's damage) would again go up to 98.5k. Which seems awkward, because blue core attributes do not increase weapon damage.
    Number 3 is, that the damage numbers change in clip 1 as soon as you inspect your vest. On which you changed the core attribute from blue to red. And in clip 2, the damage numbers change as soon as you inspect your gloves. On which you changed the core attribute from blue to yellow. In both cases changing core attributes affected the damage numbers of the Capacitor – so maybe that's what "confuses" the game here?

Anyway, the good thing is that I only suspect this to be a display error.

But to make sure I'd suggest checking the damage numbers at the shooting range (always keeping in mind that the Capacitor also has Damage to Health and Damage to Armor, which both affect the final damage calculation when shooting at targets). And I'd try just switching items in the build back and forth to check, whether the damage numbers of the Capacitor do also change in this process. Do this with the same core attributes (for example with gloves that already came with +1 Skill Tier as core attribute) or a different one. Also, just equip the Glory Daze instead of the Capacitor and browse through yout inventory again, as you did for your videos, to see, whether the Daze's numbers also change.

That's all I can think of at the moment, agent. I hope I could at least help you a bit...

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 630 posts

@noxious81 Thank you for the tips! galwar, would you be willing to check at the shooting range if the damage fluctuates and take a video of this happening if it does? Thank you so much!

Official Response
  • galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubisushivamp

Please see below, it doesn't matter what type of kit loadout I have on it happens on all of them. Even when I had Pestilence (LMG) I would still get the same (character deleted). I really do hope it is not just a bug re display as I've deleted some good gear and guns, including exotic guns.

All the following video's were captured on the same day and within a short period of time etc

1. Shooting Range and Loadout

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCV9vhbE5Trjh117

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCiquLCXYvk0ZceY

2.. Drone Damage Going Into Minus Figures as it happens and showing different DMG

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hB5zmsVlKHyV4RKR

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCQ2-4luPQq6xznG

3. In Game Turret and Drone DMG
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hDC2EsWTK2a95dvn

4. Drone Freezing Even though Command's Are Given (pressing RB). Happens with Turret Also.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCpra2yQ3CzwhClo

Look forward to hearing from someone soon re fixing this issue.

Many thanks

G

• TxDieselKid
    155 posts
    4. Drone Freezing Even though Command's Are Given (pressing RB). Happens with Turret Also.

This happens a LOT. Usually when the drone/turret are on the last 10% of "life"/duration.

• galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

@txdieselkid

Thanks for the heads up, you input is greatly appreciated.

G

• Noxious81
    385 posts

Hello again.

your problem really caught me, so I will again try to help you out as good as I can... let's see:

(...) Please see below, it doesn't matter what type of kit loadout I have on it happens on all of them. (...)

All the following video's were captured on the same day and within a short period of time etc

1. Shooting Range and Loadout

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCV9vhbE5Trjh117

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCiquLCXYvk0ZceY

What I can see here is, that everything is working just fine. As intended. You Capacitor hits as hard as it's supposed to be and the damage numbers are absolutely correct. I don't know how deep your current game knowledge is, so I'll go a bit further into detail – please excuse me, if that should be no news for you:

So I noticed four different damage numbers in your video and they are all correct, as the game has different types of hits which you can land on enemies:

The white number you can see is a basic body hit that damages the target's health. Your Capacitor here hits for 106,342, which is all good. This type of damage applies to all targets without armor (here: a normal red bar enemy) or target whose armor has been depleted. This type of damage can specifically increased by the attribute "Damage to Health".

One of the orange numbers you can see is a Critical Hit on the body. Your Capacitor here hits for 176,209 damage. This is basically a basic body hit, that can with a certain chance become a Critical Hit. The chance for such a Critical Hit is defined by your Critical Hit Chance. This can be an attribute on gear, on weapon mods, on gear mods, or it can be part of a specific talent and so on. With a Critical Hit Chance (CHC) of 10% 10 out of 100 shots hitting the enemy will be Critical Hits. If you hit a target critically, a bonus will be applied that depends on your Critical Hit Damage (CHD), which also can be increased via attributes on gear, mods, weapons, and so on. With a CHD of 50% a basic hit of 100,000 damage can become a Critical Hit with 150,000 damage: 100,000 + (100,000 x 0,50) = 150,000

Then you also can see a red number, which is a headshot. Headshot also give a bonus and there of course also is an attribute that can further increase this bonus: Headshot Damage. Here your Capacitor hits for 164,831 – which is also quite correct.

If you now land a headshot which happens to be a Critical Hit, then both bonuses will be applied, the Headshot Damage bonus and the CHD bonus. This is the second, higher orange number we can see in your video. Critical headshots are being displayed in the same color as Critical Hits on the body, but you will see a noticeably higher damage number, here 234,698.

So in case those were the varying damage numbers that confused you – everything works fine!

2.. Drone Damage Going Into Minus Figures as it happens and showing different DMG

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hB5zmsVlKHyV4RKR

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCQ2-4luPQq6xznG

3. In Game Turret and Drone DMG
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hDC2EsWTK2a95dvn

So... that is new to me. The negative (or in general wrong) damage numbers could be due to buffs wearing off, like the Capacitor's buff that starts to decline (from a 60% bonus to 0%) after not hitting a target for 5 seconds with the speed of one stack per second. I'd guess that the game got confused with different buffs that took to the damage numbers of your skills way up and now shows wrong numbers, as they – with the decreasing buffs and bonuses – come back to normal.

The good thing is: without you shooting enemies (and thus stacking the Capacitor's bonus and activating your backpack's talent) your drone hits for 74,272 and your turret hits for 118,835 – both numbers are correct. They can of course go up in smaller and bigger steps, once you active Combined Arms and start stacking the Capacitor's bonus.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmRAy-j0Rj_5hCpra2yQ3CzwhClo (...)

That unfortunately is a known issue. Drones sometimes have difficulties flying from one room to another (for example through doors or windows), so they get stuck in front of open doors or windows. And they also often will not fly into a new room as commanded if your agent is going to stay in the current room. You can sometimes trick the drone to follow you in a new room by double clicking RB, which is basically the command for "heel". This way you can try to first let the drone come to you – and then let her attack a target (in case it did come to you).

• galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

@noxious81

Sir, I sincerely appreciate all your help on this matter and no apology necessary “re game knowledge” as I'm not that well educated on everything yet, but with help from people like yourself it’s starting to become more easier (being in the late 50’s doesn’t help) as quite techy which I like as you can muck around with your guns / kit etc.

So, technically I really have nothing to worry about. 👍

Keep up the good work Sir, as it’s greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

G

• Noxious81
    385 posts

@galwar
    Well now that makes me blush – thank you for you kind feedback. I am just happy that I could be a bit of a help. After all that's what a forum is about. So I'll gladly respond again to any call for backup, agent 😉

• galwar
    Original poster 8 posts

Hi noxious81

I would like to apologies myself re calling you Sir as I would know if I was correct in calling you Sir.

The world is changing at such a fast pace and it was wrong for me to assume anything and I apologies for my mistake and for causing any offence, I didn’t mean too.

Thanks again for all your help Noxious81 👍

• Noxious81
    385 posts

Sometimes also a Sir blushes 😉 – everything is quite alright here!

And although English ist not my native language – feel free to add me on Xbox... and in case you again might need some help very badly, you can drop me a line there or join a party. You know, we're a German speaking clan and I usually play with some of my clan mates, but guests are always welcome!

My gamertag is similar to my name here. But make sure to make that N a capital one!

Suggested Topics